By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul C.

Here is a list of all the postings Paul C. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ask..Peter Miller
10/01/2020 09:56:24

Thanks Chris the email has landed 👍 . Martyn did a 115% build so I have been reviewing how he did it , hope to start later in the year .

Cheers, Paul.

10/01/2020 08:15:26

Cheers Chris PM on its way 👍

09/01/2020 23:07:30

Hi Peter, My much used Ballerina has been recovered but is fuel soaked to the point I fear it's demise is close. Thinking of a 115% version as I have a 91 FS engine that is looking for a home, do you have Ballerina plan as pdf probably the best way to get a plan printed. Can't not have a Ballerina in the hangar it's my favourite model by far.

Paul.

Thread: BMFA
07/01/2020 11:55:19

Thanks for the update Andy, quite looking forward to a nice new membership card 😆 bit sad I know but I am easily pleased these days 😂👍

Paul.

07/01/2020 11:24:00

Has anyone had their BMFA membership card yet ? Presuming of course that you made the payment 😉, not complaining but just wondering if delivery has started yet .

Paul.

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
13/12/2019 11:04:26

Hi Chris, we got back late Sunday just just about stopped raining today 😨. Been keeping an eye on your build while we were away always on the look out for any hints and tips that I can pinch 😉.

keep u the good work , Paul. p

12/12/2019 21:12:53

That's not a mistake Chris that's just fettling 👍, enjoying following your build keep up the good work .

Paul.

Thread: BMFA News Dec 2019
09/12/2019 09:29:54

Haven't had my mag yet 😢 , hope I am not off Santa's list 😨

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
09/12/2019 07:56:22

Hi all, just got back from hols so decided to sort my BMFA membership etc using go membership site. All went well until I tried to select by card payment, I could not get the payment screen to appear logged out several times but no joy. I was using my android galaxy tablet and Google Chrome. Fired up the trusty laptop signed in to go membership and had no problem with the card payment, membership sorted, CAA sorted and posh membership card on order 👍confirmation emails received as well 😁.

Not complaining just posting for information , suspect the site may have a few quirks with android applications. I found it a very easy operation and am sure any little issues will soon be sorted, great job BMFA 👍

Paul.

Thread: Valve work
03/12/2019 18:40:25

Sharp tap on the bolt head with hammer & punch can sometimes helps free things up. Don't get over exited with the hammer though , worth a try before getting the drill out .

Paul.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
20/11/2019 22:53:42
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 20/11/2019 22:40:02:

we really need a 'like' button on here. Some excellent responses to being called sheeple, 'order followers' - sounds a bit 1945 trials to me but I'm not a moderator - for accepting that our objections were not sufficient to stop legislation but were enough to moderate (that word again!) it's application.

In the '70s I objected to being forced to wear a crash helmet. I was happy to wear one on my own initiative but being a rebellious teenager I wasn't happy accepting orders. It was the principle of the thing! Luckily I believe that I have now matured and accept that mine isn't always the only valid opinion, now I abide by the laws of the land in the hope that it will allow me to quietly carry on without uncalled for legal issues. If the law calls for me to kill or torture my Asian neighbours I may reconsider, but we haven't exactly reached that point yet.

If that makes me a sheeple, if it means I say 'I'm only following orders', if it means I'm surrendering (God alone knows exactly what I'm supposed to be surrendering, whatever) then I could care less because I can go and fly my planes just as I always have.

With the rise of the insults I think I really am out of here this time. It just isn't needed.

Well said bob 👍

20/11/2019 22:50:55
Posted by Chris Berry on 20/11/2019 22:17:47:

I don't care what people call me, I've got a thick skin and I'm.not easily offended. I just find it amazing that someone would give up their hobby over a principle or £9 or a quiz. It's not something I can even comprehend doing in any way shape or form.

I'm with you Chris 👍 on my hols at the moment but when we get back will sort the bmfa membership and the £9 extra, as a pensioner I am not giving up my hobby for this in my view minor inconvenience. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that but I will continue with the hobby I have loved for many years now.

Paul.

20/11/2019 11:00:41

I do like to have a membership card that I can just stick in my wallet that is easy to get at , not really bothered about discounts. Tried downloading and printing from the membership portal but have enough in my wallet without doing an origami job on a piece of A4 paper. Just another one of my little foibles 😂

19/11/2019 20:25:38

Like the look of the membership card going to get me one of those 👍

Thread: BMFA numbers. Is this true, or a gross exaggeration?
14/11/2019 09:23:15

Spot on Peter different times, I think we had a much more tolerant society then. Too many Mr and Mrs angry today 😩

Thread: Maricardo build
10/11/2019 21:03:46

This is my method of creating template to cut out the wing ribs use pins and a piece of balsa to hold while cutting .works well , think I pinched the idea from Peter Miller 😀👍

20191031_160040.jpg

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
31/10/2019 17:15:47

Hi Chris, nearly missed this thread as PSSA is not realy my thing . Great to see you back doing some balsa bashing 👍although I don't fly on the slope I am sure that I will pick up some great building tips and have some interesting discussions on your build. I hope that Gaston has been behaving himself and is ready to assist in the build, we are off on hols this weekend but will be able to follow but posting my be a little slow. Bookmark selected so that I do not miss anything , looking forward to the build 👍👍👍

Paul.

Thread: New Legislation And Trainee Requirements
23/10/2019 20:33:01
Posted by Jason-I on 23/10/2019 20:11:52:
Posted by Paul C. on 23/10/2019 20:07:27:

Err that's posters not posers 😯😯😯😯 bloomin predictive text and me not reading it , sorry 😱

I've been called worse!

If nothing else some folks have had a laugh at my faux pas, time for a G & T I think 😂

23/10/2019 20:07:27

Err that's posters not posers 😯😯😯😯 bloomin predictive text and me not reading it , sorry 😱

23/10/2019 20:04:30

I have tried to follow all of the threads and comments on this subject but I have to admit that I am getting more confused as time goes by, all of the posers are I am sure are giving their best interpretation of what's happening and giving a heads up on any possible future pitfalls. The BMFA have clearly been working hard to get the best possible results and have done a grand job, I am confident that they will continue to do the best for us all.

To maintain my sanity I think that I will wait for my BMFA email updates on how to proceed and get on the SLEC web site to order some more balsa and adjourn to the workshop for a winter build project. Best get some more gas for the heater it's getting a little chilly out there.

Paul.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us