By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul C.

Here is a list of all the postings Paul C. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Moon Dancer 2
09/09/2019 14:44:52

Good to hear you have found the cause it's easy to get distracted when other things are going wrong 😨 . We had to get wire covers put on our chimneys after a magpie decided to pay a visit , ended up with bird plus a load of soot in the living room 😈

09/09/2019 09:28:50

Nice looking model Peter 👍 sounds like the CG moved back for some reason it's always annoying when this happens on the first flight 😦. Have you any idea what the cause may be ?

Thread: Latest CAA Update
30/08/2019 21:42:48
Posted by john stones 1 on 30/08/2019 21:39:09:

170,000. wink

0 I'm betting that the website will crash on day 1 and no one will be able to register 😂

30/08/2019 11:56:21

What film are you using after the loss of solarfilm ? I have gone for the hobby king stuff , goes on ok just needs a bit more heat not tried oracover yet though as it's a bit more expensive.

30/08/2019 11:19:33

Looking good Peter 👍 I always find the covering stage of the build my least favourite part, I keep changing my mind on the colour and trim need to be more strict with myself I think 😁

Paul.

Thread: OS 40 FP Mixture problem
30/08/2019 08:44:34

I remember struggling to get the set up right on one of these engines many years ago , took me ages to realise that the idle needle worked backwards to the mail needle IN - rich OUT - lean . Not at all sure that this is your problem but is a bit of info 😂, have you checked the back plate for a good seal ? The plastic one on the LA series caused me some grief to get it to seal correctly. When all else fails take the engine out fit it to a test stand and use a new tank, I find that you can see what's going on, easily get at all parts of the engine and try the tank at different heights.

Best of luck, Paul.

17/08/2019 08:48:49

Thanks kc I am on the case 👍, I wonder what subject will be Peters 10,000 post will be ?

Paul.

16/08/2019 20:02:32

Thanks Piers , me and Google were having a bad day 😂 . Just been looking at the firedrake , I have a 61 four stroke that is looking for a home. Every time I start looking at the list of Peter's designes I get tempted to send for the plan, winter is coming think I know what the next build will be. 😉

Paul.

15/08/2019 18:07:39

Was the dragon dancer 52 inch for 40 a rcm&e plan ? Can't find anything in the search.

Paul.

Thread: Even Later In The Day
14/08/2019 17:57:18

Still flying mine it's a great model, recovered to fus this year as it was getting a bit tatty. Pleasure to fly and would build another when this one expires yes

Paul.

14/08/2019 16:33:17

Hi Peter, good to see you are 'back in the saddle' I set a bookmark and look forward following the build .

Paul.

Thread: ASP prop driver stuck!
12/08/2019 19:03:24

FYI,

I have been following this thread as I have 6 assorted ASP 4 strokes, 52, 61, 91 and 120. Just looked at the parts list for each engine and found that they all use a key to retain the prop driver with the exception of the 91 which uses a tapered collet the same as your 80. If I remember correctly the 91 is a bored out 80 which would explain why the collet method is the same. I have no idea of how many of these models have been sold but if the numbers are not great it may explain why no issues have been reported.

Paul.

Thread: Galaxy models mystic - help on electric conversion
07/06/2019 21:02:16

Hi Bob , I am still on the 4 strokes as long as I can will resort to electric at some point I suppose 😂 . From what I have seen the Mystic is a really nice flying model and from the construction it looks to be able to take some serious abuse not like some of the modern ARTF we get today.

Can't make Weston this year but should be ok for Cosford.

Paul.

07/06/2019 18:55:55

😳 Bob Cotsford 😩😩😩 sorry Bob , I hate this predictive text 😈 even when I spell things correctly the blasted machine changes it 😈😈😈😈😈

Glad I checked before I posted this, can't tell you what it changed blasted too 😱😱😱😱😱

07/06/2019 17:54:03

Hi David, I am currently building a Mystic that I got from Pegasus Models I remember these from years ago back in the late 70's early 80 ' s and always fancied one. Have seen them fly with ST2000 and 90 two strokes but I am going for ASP 120 FS (purchased from Bob Cosford at Weston Park, hi Bob)

The kit was laser cut and good quality wood, but this is a 70's design and is a 'builders kit' you don't just glue pieces together you have to fettle them to fit first, instructions are limited but ok if you have built before. It's big so you will have no problem fitting lipo's etc .

Can't help to much with electric set up but Bob knows his stuff, my knowledge of electric set up would fit on a pin head 😨. I did buy a Turnigy G 110 and dlux HV speed controller for Seagull Yak 90 , loads of power but never finished the project sill lying in the shed.

Cheers Paul.

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
02/06/2019 15:05:05

👍😂😂😂

02/06/2019 14:59:42

Don't forget the scratchings 👍😂

02/06/2019 14:45:07

We appear to have a serious dose of thread drift 😱 is the bar open 🍻😉

Thread: Petrol engine cutting out on take-off
24/05/2019 16:54:22

Just wondering if it's worth a test flight with the cowl removed , that would remove any possible restriction.

Paul.

Thread: New Lancaster Skies Film
22/05/2019 08:23:25

Thanks Percy I will track one down 👍👍

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us