By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dai Fledermaus

Here is a list of all the postings Dai Fledermaus has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What are your three favourite war movies?
20/10/2019 10:51:57

You'll see some real stinkers on the Movies For Men channel. I watched one recently, called Operation Dunkirk, so bad I had to watch it to the end where a French resistance fighter, wearing a beret, of course, was flown back to England by the RAF in a bright blue and yellow Stearman biplane. Needless to say it was filmed in America.

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019.
20/10/2019 10:28:36

What on earth have the Welsh team been drinking, Night Nurse?

I need some Gas and Air after that.

19/10/2019 12:31:34

Found myself in the very weird position of supporting England. There'll be a wailing and gnashing of teeth down under after this hammering.

We can dream, but I can't see any team beating NZ. They've been relentless against Ireland.

Thread: Cleaning engines using ultrasound.
01/10/2019 12:04:45

On the Glow Nation Facebook page, members seen to have excellent results with an ultrasound cleaner and a solution of water and " LA's finest cleaning solution. I've a feeling I've seen for sale on Amazon, but probably a bit of an expense just to clean one engine. These Guys are seriously into Glow engines and mostly take them apart for cleaning as far as I can see.

Edited By Dai Fledermaus on 01/10/2019 12:08:43

Thread: Better builder than pilot
01/10/2019 11:42:24

I often have " and why do you want to build another one, when you can't fly the ones you have properly " ringing in my ears. sad

Sigh.

Thread: Have You Ever Noticed...
26/09/2019 18:52:51

Dave, have you ever noticed, that whatever forum you patronise, be it aeromodelling or otherwise, there is always some miserable so and so who always has something negative to say, the sort of person who could start an argument in an empty room.

Don't let them get to you.

Thread: Spitfire, Inspiration OF A Nation.
25/09/2019 13:42:47

If you missed Spitfire when it was on in cinemas last year like I did, the television premier is on BBC 4 tomorrow night at nine.

For those of you on Facebook, I can recommend the Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight page. Some great videos and information about their flying programs throughout the year. Well worth following.

Thread: Collapse of Thomas Cook
23/09/2019 12:15:25

We to are due to fly to Kos in a few weeks time. Not a TC package deal but our flights were wth Thomas Cook. It's all in the hands of our travel agent now who are trying to find alternative flights. We can at least get a full refund if this alternative doesn't work out.

Thread: Ailerons
23/09/2019 11:04:16
Posted by Denis Watkins on 23/09/2019 10:31:05:

No different Dei

By fly? Do you mean turn and roll etc

Edited By Denis Watkins on 23/09/2019 10:31:27

Yes.

23/09/2019 10:19:11

Thanks for the feedback fellers.

I was not so much interested in how strip/barn door ailerons are operated, but how they make the model fly. In other words, if you replaced a wing with strip ailerons for a wing with barn door ailerons, would that model fly any differently.

Edited By Dai Fledermaus on 23/09/2019 10:20:27

22/09/2019 20:55:43

My apologies if this question has been asked before, I have searched but couldn't find any reference to it.

Given two identical model aeroplanes, one fitted with strip ailerons and the other with barn door ailerons of the same surface area, would they roll or turn or in any other way perform differently? Would the type of model be a factor?

Thread: Hi from Penderyn, South Wales
01/08/2019 17:18:55

I'm a member of the Valley Fliers club based in Treharris. I thought there was a model flying club near Hirwaun, but having just looked, I can't find it on the BMFA club finder page.

Living in Penderyn, you're not that far from one of the best slope soaring sites in the Country, the Bwlch mountain overlooking Treorchy.

Thread: RCM&E September Issue.
29/07/2019 13:27:52

Just received the September issue in the post. Brian Winch's article on engine cleaning is really interesting, but someone has slipped up with the photos of the Frog 500 crankcase on page 42. which are supposed to show how effective soda blasting is. Not so much before and after, more like before and before.

All I need now is for the Memsiab to stop talking long enough for me to read it. 😁.

Thread: Oracover Easycover Sold As Seconds
26/07/2019 22:21:24

Martin,

https://www.oracover.de/film/easycoat/1

26/07/2019 21:23:58

Martin, on the Oracover web site it's listed as Easycover

26/07/2019 20:59:20

Colin,

You've described almost exactly another problem I had, but didn't mention because I didn't want to turn my post into War and Peace. I just wasn't sure if these problems were a characteristic of the product or a manufacturing fault and the reason it was discounted.

I'm committed to the colour now so I'll play safe and order a roll of the slightly heavier Oracover at the normal price.

26/07/2019 19:18:10

I'm building a vintage scratch built Kloud King modified for RC by Doc Mathews.

To cover it, I bought a few rolls of Easycover widely sold at the moment as ' seconds' by a number of online suppliers for £9.95 for a 5m roll - a bargain considering the normal price. I had no problems covering the fuselage, but covering the wing has got me tearing out what little hair I have left.

There are two problems, getting it to shrink properly, by that I mean having to go over areas previously taught because they've gone slack again. I'm using a digital iron set at the recommended temperature. Second, if I need to move a section previous tacked, it tends to leave the colour and adhesive behind.

Not happy, I've removed it more than once, with the result that I need to order more. Has anyone else encountered similar problems with this discounted covering?

Thread: Hitec Optima Aerial Mount
26/07/2019 09:49:06

Thanks for your replies fellers.

Thread: Battery
25/07/2019 13:15:58

I use a 12v Yuasa motorcycle battery bought on EBAY for about £15. Small and compact.

Thread: Hitec Optima Aerial Mount
25/07/2019 12:53:55

They were available in packs of ten Alan, but no longer it seems.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us