By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dai Fledermaus

Here is a list of all the postings Dai Fledermaus has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: How's this for a fancy bottle opener
31/10/2013 08:41:17

Link

Thread: DB Sport and Scale Skyrider
30/10/2013 13:14:59

Thanks for that Dave. I asked the question because the DB Ghostrider a smaller version at 51 ins span has a recommended engine size of .20. The Skyrider is only a little larger at 58 ins and the recommended engine size is .35 to .60 which as you say would make it quite lively, perhaps too lively. I'm wondering if my Enya ss30 would be adequate

30/10/2013 10:17:27

Anyone built the DB Sport and Scale Skyrider, and if you have which size engine did you fit in it?

LINK

Thread: Is it cheaper to build from a plan?
30/10/2013 10:12:15

Thanks for you thoughts on this subject. Having just completed my first plan build, well first for a long time anyway, I'll probably stick with this method of building. As some of you have said the choice with traditional kits is limited.

29/10/2013 10:28:00

Generally speaking, is it cheaper to build from a plan than it is to buy a traditional kit of that particular model or one similar?

Lets assume you are starting from scratch in terms of materials and that you don't have any bits and pieces left over from previous builds. So you have to buy the plan, the balsa, the ply and all the hardware and control fittings etc. In fact all the things you would normally get in a kit.

I guess what I'm asking is are traditional kits good value for money?

Thread: How long does it take to get to your flying site?
28/10/2013 13:43:10

If the cost of fuel is a problem, how about one of these.

LINK

Thread: The Glory Days Of British Motorbikes
28/10/2013 13:25:48

On tonight BBC4 at 9.00pm. Pick of the Day so it should be worth watching if like me you've been or still are a biker.

Thread: Time Lapse movie of Tomboy build.
28/10/2013 11:09:55

Not sure if I should mention another magazine on this forum because it's linked to RCM&E but I picked up the October copy of a certain R/C Model magazine recently because there was an interesting feature in it by Dave Bishop about a larger version of Vic Smeed's classic Tomboy. Called Big Boy, this 60" 3 - channel enlarged version is designed for .25 to .40 IC power or EP equivalent. Full size copies of the plan are available from the publisher if anyone is interested..

Thread: The Perfect Storm
28/10/2013 08:18:24

Storm! Storm! What Storm? It passed us by here in South East Wales even though the BBC were still saying at 7.0am we were going to cop it. Gusts of 80mph etc

It's interesting that that xcweather were giving a much more accurate forecast last night than the BBC were this morning

27/10/2013 20:11:16

It's been very windy here in Caerphilly, but suddenly it's gone very quiet.............................................

Thread: Is IC Dead in the Water?
26/10/2013 22:01:50

Gosh, you fellers don't half get hot under the coller over little things. Aeromodeling I'm pleased to see is and should be a broad church and it's good to see that there are still people who fly Control Line, Free Flight, Rubber Power as well as every form of Radio Control from IC, to Eelectric to Sailplanes. So what is all the fuss about?

Thread: Lidl Multitool with Accessory set available soon
24/10/2013 17:27:08

As far as I remember this Parkside Drill/ Engraving tool, at about £16.00 I think, came with a set of small drills, burrs and stones. At the same time they were also selling a bigger set of accessories to fit this tool, which is what your mate has obviously bought.

Thread: 10,000 posts - amazing
24/10/2013 11:22:16

Well done! This forum is an excellent resource and what always surprises me is that everyone is so helpful particularly to new members. I'm sure you get asked the same questions over and over.

Also, thanks to you Moderators everyone is unfailingly civil to one another. Not even a hint of swearing when people get frustrated and it never gets personal.

Thread: :-( Not my best day
21/10/2013 09:01:10

I walked past the spot where your last photo was taken Phil, whilst walking around the Dunraven Estate with Gelligaer Ramblers recently. Stunning location, and you are a brave man to fly from there. Those cliffs and the rocks below are not very forgiving if you have a "bad day"

Thread: Mass Build general chat
19/10/2013 11:05:14

O.K. I'm signed up.

Can anyone tell me what the finished weight of a Tyro Major ( 54 in wing span ) is likely to be? Neither the plan or the building instructions which came with it show this. Eddie Stocker suggested it should be around 2lbs ( 1kg max ), but I've seen similar sized trainers like the DB Mascot, for example ( only slightly bigger at 59" wing span ) with a suggested weight of 4.5 lbs

I've gone for the top end of the recommended power scale and fitted an Enya ss30

Edited By Colin Ashman on 19/10/2013 11:05:56

Thread: Signing Up Thread
19/10/2013 10:45:15

I'm in, I'm just finishing a Tyro Major - just a happy coincidence.

Thread: Mass Build general chat
19/10/2013 09:04:15

Thanks BEB, What does "signing up" exactly mean. What do those involved in the mass build need to do?

18/10/2013 13:49:50

Wow, I've only just caught up with this 2014 mass build thread. I must have some sort of six sense because as a returnee to the hobby, my last balsa bashing was about 40 years ago, I've been building a Tyro Major for about a year now.

Yes I know I've taken ages but I've started from scratch without a building board let alone tools an engine or radio gear. Also SWMO has a knack of diverting my attention to doing work around the house. However it's nearly finished, I just have to change the hinges on the tailplane and rudder because the ones I used are a but stiff causing the servos to buzz a bit. Power is an Enya ss 30.

I bought the plan and set of ribs from DB Sport and Scale who I have to say have been very helpful whenever I contacted them for help or advice.

Thread: The Tinker bi-plane hangar
16/10/2013 18:10:51

WolstonFlyer,

You've probably seen this Tinker put through it's paces, but for those who haven't............

LINK

Thread: Build your own SLR camera for 25
15/10/2013 13:27:40

Here's an interesting project

LINK

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!