By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dai Fledermaus

Here is a list of all the postings Dai Fledermaus has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Biplanes ...
21/08/2013 17:46:40
21/08/2013 17:42:40

David Boddington Tinker?

Edited By Colin Ashman on 21/08/2013 17:47:04

Thread: Hobby King exchange rates
17/08/2013 12:37:38

Thanks for your help with this, you've sort of confirmed what I suspected which is the price you see is not the price you pay, but it's interesting to know that H.K. are cheaper than the competition despite that.

Edited By Colin Ashman on 17/08/2013 12:38:17

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
16/08/2013 11:34:31

As an afterthought to my earlier post. How long do you have to stay in the middle lane to be deemed to be Hogging it? Expect to see some legal challenges to this. That's assuming that the cops have the rescources to catch anyone doing it.

16/08/2013 10:43:26

Drivers who keep to the middle lane of the motorway drive me mad, but if you are hogging the middle lane, and driving at 70mph, from a legal point of view, how can you be committing an offence?

Thread: Hobby King exchange rates
15/08/2013 16:36:02

Pete, I wasn't making a point about using a company outside the U.K far from it, I just wanted to know what if any were the additional costs based on my experiance of buying goods in from the U.S. What about VAT for example?

15/08/2013 15:07:46

Until I retired about two years ago I had a small cabinet making business making Shaker style chairs and Rocking Chairs. The only place where I could get tape for the seats of these chairs at a decent price, was a company in the U.S. However, I really didn't know the exact price I was paying at the time I placed the order because of the dollar exchange rate at the time, the foriegn exchange charge my credit card company applied, as well as the VAT and the handling charge made by Parcelforce. it was all a bit of guesstimation, which brings me to the point of this thread. As you are a canny lot and I would think cost conscious, why do you use a company like Hobby King where everything is priced in dollars and orders can be shipped from outside the E.U? At the time the order is placed, do you know exactly how much the overall cost is going to be?

Thread: Afternoon treat!
07/08/2013 10:14:30

I really could not get on with a digital camera without a view finder. I did try a couple, but it just isn't natural to me to to hold a camera at arms length trying to compose a shot in bright sunlight via a screen. A year or so ago I bought a Panasonic Lumix G2 which is a compact system camera with a view finder and it's excellent. It's far more capable than I am and, all I could want from a camera without the bulk of a DSLR. I got a a bargin price from Jessops because it was about to be replaced by the G3 which had just one or two more whistles and bells. It's latest guise is the G5.

Thread: Which Fuel?
06/08/2013 15:28:54

In case anyone else is interested, I received this very helpfull email in reply to an enquiry I sent Model Technics yesterday. Hi Colin
Thanks for your email. Given the specification I would suggest the GN10 or GX10 which
are fuels with 20% Castor and 10% Nitromethane, the rest being methanol.
The engine will also be happy on Duraglow10 which is a mix of 9%EDL (synthetic oil) and
6%castor, 10% nitromethane the rest being methanol.
Hope this helps
Yours John

Edited By Colin Ashman on 06/08/2013 15:29:36

06/08/2013 09:22:01

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help

05/08/2013 10:27:58

As someone who has returned to the fold, I'm a bit bemused by the range of glow fuel now available. I need to run in my Enya ss30 fitted with a No3 plug. The operating instructions suggest the following ratio of fuel components:- Methyl alcolol 70 - 80%, Nitro methane 0 - 10%, Castor or synthetic oil 20%. I've looked at the Model Technics list of glow fuels and none of then seem to meet this specification. Have I missed something or am I just being dim?

Thread: Hello from South Wales
02/08/2013 13:01:43

Croeso, John

Edited By Colin Ashman on 02/08/2013 13:02:00

Thread: Aerokote Fuel Proofer problem
31/07/2013 19:35:32

Second coat applied this afternoon. Used half the quantity but kept the ratio the same. After about two hours it was almost dry. Don't ask!

31/07/2013 14:46:50
Stuey, I followed the instructions ie about 35drops of catalyst to 25 ml of Aerokote. I started to brush it on as quick as I could expecting to harden as quickly as glass fibre resin, but I needn't have bothered because it was still tacky for several days. Glad I wasn't temped to try and remove it during that time, would have made a right old mess of it.
31/07/2013 12:40:05

I'm another one who used Aerokote for the first time recently. I used the correct mix, but it took almost a week to harden even in the recent hot weather. I'm about to give it a second coat, in light of your comments it will be interesting to see what happens.

Thread: Lidli paint brushes
27/07/2013 11:13:35

On Monday, Lidli are stocking two different sets of artists type paint brushes for £1.79 per set. Ideal for model making.

Thread: Tribute to the DH Mosquito
26/07/2013 11:40:10

I enjoyed it, I always like programmes like this, but didn't like the general theme that it was the "Plane that saved Britain". A fantastic aircraft which came along at the right time and well suited to the role in which it was used, but was it more important than a dozen or so other aircraft both British and American which helped to win the air war? I think not.

Thread: New site appearance
22/07/2013 16:28:12

I know it's annoying kc, but I struggled with a desk top running xp for a long time, it caused no end of frustation. We replaced it with one of those space saving all in jobs running Windows 8. It's brilliant. Wish I had bought it sooner. SWMBO and I are much calmer now.

Thread: Checkerboard Tape
21/07/2013 17:47:14

I want to tart up my Cub Yellow trainer with some black and white checkerboard tape/ decals. It will need to be fuel proof and stick to Solarfilm. Anyone know where I can get it.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
20/07/2013 15:10:44

Some people are just pain daft. Some time ago, sold a nearly new shower pump for more money than I paid for it. It's because bidding fever takes over and common sence goes out the window.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us