By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dai Fledermaus

Here is a list of all the postings Dai Fledermaus has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Daily Mail Flypast Competition
14/07/2013 09:58:36

I forgot to mention that there is also an ME 109 available for this flypast. I didn't know there was one flying in the U.K. but it's in the Daily Mail so it must be true.

13/07/2013 12:51:30

You need to collect ten differently dated tokens printed every day until July 28th and send them to an address which they will publish later on in the competition. Or collect different passwords printed on the tokens and enter online at www.dailymail.co.uk/flypast. Only one online entry per person but there is no limit on postal entries it seems. Entries must be received by August 7Th. The Mail are also making a substantial denonation to the RAF Benenolevent Fund. I also have to say that the article in the Mail, to go with the competion, by Robert Hardman is a bit silly, but appart from that, it's a superb thing to win. Todays password is bomber

Edited By Colin Ashman on 13/07/2013 12:52:18

13/07/2013 12:07:47

The Daily Mail started a competition today giving three readers a chance to win a flypast of a Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster and possibly a Blenheim from the Battle of Britain Memoria Flight and the Aircraft restoration Company. The flypast will take place at a time and place of the winners choosing. A fabulous event to have over your particular club field. Impossible? Well, someone has to win it and there are three chances.

Thread: New site appearance
12/07/2013 08:55:32

I'll probably get used to it, but at the moment the home page is too much in my face - in modern parlance. LESS IS MORE!

Thread: Red Dragon MAC nr Oakdale Gwent
10/07/2013 09:07:46

Thanks Phil, I'll have a look at their web site.

09/07/2013 17:07:29

My nearest BMFA affiliated club is the Red Dragon MAC nr Oakdale, Blackwood, in Gwent. I've been to their flying field several times, but there is never anyone around. The BMFA web site club map gives the name of Mr L.G. James, but there is no contact number or email address, and I can't find anything about them on line. Anyone know if the club is still active?

Thread: A Returnee's version of a Super Sixty
10/06/2013 16:52:21

Modonaut, Good to see the build is going well, but I'm with Simon Chaddock on the idea of pre gluing. I just don't see how it's to improve the strenth of the joints. PVA and similar glues are water based and are used to glue porus materials like wood, paper and some building materials. If you pre glue a joint and it dries, then it becomes non porus, so if you apply more glue and fit the parts together then if anything the joint becomes weeker not stronger. Most manufactures will tell you to apply glue to one part only before joining two parts together. Also, at the risk of saying the blindingly obvious, joints should be as accurate or as tight as you can make them, don't rely on glue to hold badly fitting joints together. So the less glue the better

Thread: Talk Talk email problems
07/06/2013 18:43:53

I was with T.T for about eighteen months and had nothing but problems, Noise on the line, broadband connection always dropping off. Their overseas customer service is hopeless. Changed to Plusnet who were cheaper, and the problems disappered overnight, You also get a U.K. based customer service team. Plusnet are also a division of B.T.

Thread: New Shed
22/05/2013 19:59:00

Every panel in our new shed was signed off by Elvis. Good to know the King is alive and well and working for Tiger Sheds elvis is alive.jpg

Thread: Gott im Himmel
19/05/2013 16:45:00

Everyone including to German pilot got away with minor injuries. Remarkable.**LINK**

Thread: To camouflage or not to camouflage. That is the question
17/05/2013 16:00:43

What you say makes sence, but it still doesn't explain why the RAF continued to use camouflage well into the post war period until I'm guessing the introduction or radar on aircraft, and then it didn't matter if another aeroplane was camouflaged or not, it could still be`seen` Camouflage then must have had some merrit.

17/05/2013 12:53:18

I've often wondered why U.S aircraft during WW2 were generally, although not always, given a polished alloy finish when British, German, and Italian planes were camourflarged or finished in some other drab colour in an effort not to get them noticed. I would have thought that the easiest way to get bounced by an enemy aircraft is to fly a bright shiney plane. Or did camouflage have a limited effect?

Thread: Which TxRx Should I Buy
16/05/2013 10:09:36

Thanks for your help everyone. Great advice as always

15/05/2013 18:01:12

I would appreciate you advice again fellers.

I've finished building my trainer - well almost, so I need to think about which Tx/Rx I am going to buy. My budget is a bit limited, but I'm looking at the DX6i, Optic 6 and the Futaba 6j. Now I know absolutly nothing about radio 2.4GHz or otherwise to make an informed decision, but my gut feeling is that there is not much to choose between them. If any of you can tell me otherwise I'd be interested to hear it, but I suspect your preferences may boil down to brand loyality.

So my question is, should I buy one of these sets now, or should I first visit/join a club and find out what the instructors are using and pick a set which will buddy up to whatever they are using?

Thread: Red zephyr
08/05/2013 22:25:19

I've said it before and I'll say it again, how does this company stay in business? There has been so much chat on this forum about the lack of customer service and the poor quality of their kits ( shortage of balsa etc ) I can only assume that us modelers are a very forgiving bunch.

Thread: How old are we?
22/04/2013 09:19:37

I'm at the age where I can live without sex, but not without my glasses.

Thread: How to kill off one man
21/04/2013 13:44:40

In all walks of life, whether that be a model club or society in general, there are people who think the rules, made for the greater good of everyone, don't apply to them. Take for example those drivers who think it's acceptable to use a hand held mobile whilst at the wheel. They know it's dangerous, they know it's illegal, but they do it basically because they are selfish individuals who care little for the safety of other road users. I have no sympathy for him.

Thread: Ben Buckle - Mini Super
19/04/2013 23:13:13

Customer service at Ben Buckle is an alian concept. I emailed them last year with with an enquiry about their Novice kit. I never had a reply. Needless to say I didn't buy it. How do they stay in business when they treat customers in such a cavalier way?

Edited By Colin Ashman on 19/04/2013 23:13:54

Thread: Pay Pal ?
15/04/2013 09:32:37

Pay Pal and ebay will ALWAYS your full name on any emails they send to you. If an email starts with Dear Account Holder or Dear Customer or something similar, delete it. I get several of these PHISHING emails a month, most are from banks I don't even have accounts with.

Thread: First Plane, First Build
11/04/2013 11:40:07

Joe, I've ben building a Tyro Major over the Winter, the bigger brother of the Mini Tyro. At 54" wing span it may be bigger that the designs you've been considering, but it is an ideal beginers model designed by the late great David Boddington. It's built like a brick whotnot and fairly simple to build at that. A set of wing ribs at £7.50 are available from D B Sport and Scale. LINK

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!