By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Michael Ramsay-Fraser

Here is a list of all the postings Michael Ramsay-Fraser has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: gagged
28/07/2017 08:27:26

Wouldn't be the first timeblush

28/07/2017 08:10:41

I too thought that. Frankly, I think the deletion of certain recent posts speaks volumes. In fact, I've cancelled my subscription as a result of this and previous posts that were deleted.

Thread: Classic British Beauty
28/07/2017 08:07:25

That's a Series 2 car. Personally, I prefer the Series 1 with the headlight fairings. or 1 1/2. It's also got the wrong seats.

Thread: Destroyed Drone
23/07/2017 14:47:02
Posted by eflightray on 23/07/2017 14:33:05:

It was probably smashed by someone you has a grudge with Amazon.

They probably thought it was waiting for a bus to get back to Amazon, (intelligent software informs a drone to catch a bus when the batteries are low). wink

Once again, it's not the drone that's the problem, it's people.

Ray.

How could anyone possibly have a grudge against Amazon?

23/07/2017 14:05:54

Sorry to appear harsh but, frankly, leaving it in a bus shelter near a school was a foolish idea.

The Police have a 'Lost Property' department for a reason and if it was a fairly big drone, it stands to reason it had a value to someone perhaps. As Gangster says, there is a possibility the pilot simply lost control for any one of a number of reasons. It wouldn't be the first time. I think it's sometimes too easy to assume all drone pilots are irresponsible.

Thread: Very low mileage older car - should I be suspicious?
15/06/2017 19:01:30

As stated above, don't consider it without checking the MOT history. It's highly unlikely to have been clocked within the first 3 years and every year thereafter, provided it's been MOT'd, the mileage should be recorded unless its been SORNED.

I've just bought a 13 year old car with 30k on the clock and it's an absolute beaut. If you're still unsure, ask for an RAC inspection.

Thread: Hammond crashes lithium powered car, large fire
10/06/2017 22:31:09

It might be worth pointing out that Richard Hammond wasn't completly annihilated.

Thread: Six Nations Rugby Union 2017
18/03/2017 19:21:57

Super Saturday?

More like damp squib Saturday.

Scotland way off their early form.

France v Wales full of mistakes from both sides and ends in farce.

Ireland v England dull, dull dull.

I think every team took a step backwards.

18/03/2017 17:10:48

That was a farce. Confusion over substitute players and who has or hasn't had an HIA. Badly handled by the officials.

If you ask me, it was the French front row that were popping up in those last few scrums. At least 1 French penalty should have gone the other way.

18/03/2017 16:08:16

10-12. No more points for either side, please.

18/03/2017 15:30:30
Posted by Nigel Day on 18/03/2017 09:50:23:

That would be amazing given their performances as little as 18 months ago. Like with England, it shows how quickly things can turn around.

Errm? Didn't Scotland get to the quarter finals of the last world cup and miss out on a semi place thanks to a stupid, blind ref?wink

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. Come on Wales, get the finger out. A nice win by a narrow margin and no bonus point will see Scotland stay in second place.

18/03/2017 09:31:20

For once, I'll be supporting England. I think I'm correct in saying if Scotland beat Italy and England beat Ireland, Scotland move to 4th in the IRB rankings. Great for the next RWC.

11/03/2017 22:06:59
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 11/03/2017 20:23:57:

Use whatever language you like at a football match but on a rugby thread, on this forum, exhibit a little self-discipline, please!face 5

Pete

Not sure if that was aimed at me but if so, apologies for any offence caused but, frankly, I've heard much worse spoken by the players throughout the tournament and inadvertently broadcast.

If you want comparisons with a football match try being in a rugby club post game.

11/03/2017 19:14:34

I hate to admit it but England just outclassed Scotland in just about every area. Well deserved winners of the 6 Nations.

God, that was difficult to type out.

10/03/2017 22:20:55

As a Scotland supporter, I have to say well done Wales. A huge improvement over two weeks ago. Glad you saved that performance for Ireland.

Now all I have to do is hope Scotland beat England and Ireland beat England next week. Scotland to beat Italy wink

Thread: Bbc2 now
02/03/2017 07:30:29

So what was it called so I can look it up on I Player?

Thread: Six Nations Rugby Union 2017
28/02/2017 08:07:58
Posted by Donald Fry on 27/02/2017 19:41:08:

History lads, gone, finished. Your next performance matters. My lot will hopefully be looking to, and hopefully delivering a reality check, AKA gutting Scotland.

It is unfortunate that Scotland have their tails up.

But all the press reports, insults, are just wind.

Mr Sleath, I enjoyed your missive.

Got to disagree with you, Donald.

One of the great things about rugby is the ability of the crowd to mingle irrespective of which team they support. The banter and friendly rivalry is all part of the fun. If EJ keeps on insulting other teams, how long will it take before that animosity transfers to the stands and segregation has to start. Last thing rugby needs is to go down the same road as football and if Jones keeps on insulting other teams, thats just whats going to happen.

27/02/2017 18:39:36
Posted by john stones 1 on 27/02/2017 18:21:29:

Yep England were baffled, neither the players nor coaches got to grips with it till half time, so we looked foolish n inept ? well you take it on the chin n move on, whinging makes you look even worse.

Italy/ O'shea said Eddie upset em by saying they wanted to take them to the cleaners on T.V, he's right that's disrespectful, we got paid back for the insult, fair do's.

Was it Rugby ? No, but it was amusing

John

What was more insulting was saying, post match, that England needed to go and practice because they hadn't been involved in a game of rugby.

27/02/2017 15:30:53

It was shown on ITV.

The play that Italy used isn't arcane in any way but rather they took advantage of the rules and caused endless confusion amongst England players because of the unorthodox style.

I find it rather worrying that World Rugby is considering changing the rules because one coach described the ploy as 'not a game of rugby'. Surely the fault lies with the players who were unfamiliar with the rule book and unable to think out of the box to counter the way Italy played.

Apparently this tactic has been used before in Australia domestic games but, one tried, is easily countered.

27/02/2017 11:57:06

Well, at least France and Scotland will have an opportunity to become conversant with the rule book before their respective games.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us