By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for onetenor

Here is a list of all the postings onetenor has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 3 D PRINTING
18/02/2015 16:24:33

Thanks Phil . I thought that may be the case. I fully understand what you say. Yes i I could produce a flat rib but the rib in question has a raised flange round the periphery and round the mounting dowel holes and cable holes which highlights those problems you have stated.. Lack of depth perspective is obviously the problem as I thought it would. The question really was just to see if was remotely possible.. Who knows perhaps in future Eh!. The rib in question is some kind of plastic. Possibly moulded nylon. I could I suppose make one on alloy or ply which would serve/ I think the weight penalty would be negligble as it sits on the centre line anyway. LikreI said I just wondered but thanks very much once more. John

18/02/2015 03:02:30

CAN 3D PRINTERS COPY FROM PHOTOGRAPHS. i.e IF I PROVIDED A PHOTOGRAHP OF AN UNDAMAGED PART CAN THE PRINTER SCAN AND THEN PRINT A MIRROR IMAGE OF SAY A PLASTIC WING ROOT RIB TO REPLACE A DAMAGED ONE. I KNOW THEY ARE GOOD BUT ARE THEY THAT GOOD. i HAVE A GLIDER WITH A DAMAGED WING ROOT AND THE MOULDED PLASTIC /NYLON RIB IS SMASHEDWITH PIECES MISSING. I DO NOT KNOW MAKE AND MODEL AS GLIDER WAS INHERITED. aNY ONE HELP?

Thread: CAR/BOAT ENGINE GLOW
18/02/2015 02:24:31

UNUSED BUT NOT BOXED 1cc GLOW ENGINE FOR SALE .jAPANESE TOKI NO PROP DRIVER BUT I DON;T KNOW IF THESE ENGINES HAVE ONE. IT HAS NEVER EVEN SEEN FUEL LET ALONE RUN.WILL SUIT CAR OR BOAT AND ACCEPT REAR PULL OR ELECTRIC STARTER THROTTLE/CARB ALL COMPLETE AND READY TO GO. I BOUGHT IN ERROR FROM BAD PHOTO.

BUYER COLLECT. PRESTATYN AREA PHONE 01745 850 710 JOHN

Thread: RCM&E March photo caption suggestions?
18/02/2015 02:07:20

MY SUGGESTION FOR A TITLE FOR THIS PIC IS "DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD LET THE OTHER CADETS HAVE A GO NOW ?" BTW ANTONE NOTICED A HINT OF SCOUSE EX PAT WELSH TREND IN THIS MAG? i TOO FALL INTO THAT CATEGORY. ANFIELD LAD NOW IN PRESTATYN AREA DID I SAY LAD OOPS 72 NEXT MONTH lol

Thread: Cleaning cockpit canopy - advice please
17/02/2015 16:11:01

GOOGLE acrylic cleaners and polishes.Quite a few last time I looked

Thread: extra throw or something
17/02/2015 15:41:28

Sorry can;t give pics as even web cam is not working yet again/ Keeps going off for some reason. No box just in pile of choppers and cars This was best match I could find in short time and not been able to getTback there as hips got suddenly worse. Just playing indoors to keep hand in..The bigger one a DRAGONFLY 9093 possibly same make but can;t read name as the instruction sheet /pamphlet is stuck together ( glazed paper )Same type of Rx and coloured plastic. A bit too big for indoors and light fittings are in peril.

17/02/2015 15:25:38

Sorry can;t give pics as even web cam is not working yet again/ Keeps going off for some reason. No box just in pile of choppers and cars This was best match I could find in short time and not been able to getTback there as hips got suddenly worse. Just playing indoors to keep hand in..The bigger one a DRAGONFLY 9093 possibly same make but can;t read name as the instruction sheet /pamphlet is stuck together ( glazed paper )Same type of Rx and coloured plastic. A bit too big for indoors and light fittings are in peril.

17/02/2015 13:26:17

Sorry no pics, battery replaced with new from stock. Rotor, gears etc all correct. Shell is yellow streamlined and bears word Fyer (not FLYER ) Transmitter has RC Racer on it which made me think car. Rx lights up through translucent case when switched on. This is third time trying to post .first two vanished. i've made this one a bit shorter so if others show up they say same with all the frills so to speak. Tanks to everyone for your interest

Thread: internet passwords
16/02/2015 15:05:14

I cannot even get a RCME password so have to use forgotten password to log in.

Thread: forgotten password method.
16/02/2015 14:47:15

I have been a member for some time now but have to log in using forgotten password method. On trying to create new word it will not do anything Anyone help?

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 16/02/2015 16:17:12

Thread: extra throw or something
15/02/2015 04:44:43

bought small heli and tranny from local market second hand toy stall. No history at all and tanny looks as though should match up with a car rather than a heli. both 35 Mhz an tranny does turn the rotors but cannot achieve take off revs. There is no movement for first 1/4 of quadrant but rotors then start to turn from ther. Can the pot be adjusted or physically repositioned to enable a greater control signal to make rotors turn faster. Any ideas folks? Thanks for reading. BTW I can solder etc. John

Thread: new to forum
14/02/2015 20:36:53

Hello! Just got round to this forum. I hope someone can help me with an odd query. I recently obtained a small R.C. :Heli and a transmitter. No history for it but both are 35 Mhz. and the receiver does start the rotors turning but will not reach take off revs. I think the Tranny is actually for a car. My question is can I adjust the throttle pot to give me effectively more out put or travel or something. BTW the first approx 1/4 of the range of movement does nothing . After this point rotors start to turn. Any advice please . Thanks for reading John PS I can solder etc.

Thread: DB Pup refurb
19/08/2014 02:40:01

LOOKS FACTORY BUILT BEFORE FINISHING. GREAT STUFF!

Thread: Where do you attach the glow lead on these ebay "engines"
19/08/2014 02:28:06

GLOW LEADS ARE OLD HAT THESE DAYS ESPECIALLY WITH SO MANY EXTENDED HEADS ON THE CAR/BUGGY ENGINES. YOU NEED A FIRESTICK TYPE STARTER CONNECTOR WHICH IS CYLINDRICAL ( STICK SHAPED ) AND HAS BATTERIES IN THE HANDLE A SMALL HOLE IN THE COWLING AND YOU'RE IN BUSINESS. IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR WON VOLTAGE OR MAKE A VARIABLE VOLT UNIT DEPENDING ON PLUGS USED GOOOD LUCK. JOHN

19/08/2014 02:07:41

rECENTLY TOOK A COUPLE OF CHANCES LATELY SHOULD SAY 3. I BOUGHT 2. 61,S AN IRVINE AND A BDS. BOTH SEIZED SOLID. AHA I HEAR YOU SAY SERVES YOU RIGHT. WELL WHEN THEY ARRIVE I REALISED AT ONCE WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. CASTOR OIL GUMMING IT SETS SOLID LIKE VARNISH. HOW DO YOU SHIFT VARNISH? WITH A SOLVENT (THINNERS FOR EXAMPLE ) A GOOD SOAKING INSIDE AND OUT WITH A COUPLE OF CHANGES DID THE TRICK. THE OTHER ENGINE WAS A ONE cc BUGGY MOTOR NEVER RUN BRAND SPANKERS BUT NO BOX OR ANYTHING ALL BOUGHT FOR £11 OR LESS THE THINNERS DOES A GOOD JOB OF CLEANING UP THE OUTSIDE TOO.SO YOU SEE THERE BE BARGAINS ON E-BAY AFTER ALL. BTW REGARDING BEING OVER THE HILL MY FIRST RADIO GEAR HAD VALVES. I AM 71 AND BEEN PLANE MAD SINCE EVER I CAN REMEMBER . A GRANDSON ASKED A WHILE AGO HOW MANY PLANES I COULD NAME. AFTER AN HOUR HE LOST COUNT AND INTEREST. POOR LAD HASN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE LOL. CHEERS FOLKS JOHN

Thread: Cox engines
29/06/2014 02:39:59

Yes Gary I agree with every word you say about the little fellas but who remembers the bigger one . Medallion I think it was called .09 ( 1.5cc ) or there about . Even a competition version I think. The 1.5 was amazingly powerful for it's size and could fly models intended for 2.5 I even put one on a 60 inch glider which if given a good heave at launch could go O.O.S . P.D.Q. if the motor over ran.. I found half filling the tank was usually enough. I think Cox are producing some a lot bigger now although i stand to be corrected. I am pretty sure I have seen some advertised. Regarding the reed veves they are advertised all over the place. (Teflon reed valves ). All in all nice engines/motors

Thread: What's the main radio brand you fly?
24/04/2014 23:18:06

59 th should read 50th in last blog. Oops.

24/04/2014 23:16:19

I have returned to R/C only in the last two years. Having started in the early 50's with single channel stuff Like galloping ghost then Pixie and McGregor etc. a bit later early Graupner. My current kit is mainly Futaba $ and six channel sets incliuing the 59th anniversary model and a couple of Graupner 3 channel jobbies. I did. not choose all of this Much of it was given to me by a lady and her daughter. husband /father had passed away about 8 yrs ago. A big surprise was the Nicads which nearly all of which charged up perfectly and held the charge. This meant that I could try out the gear right away.. I was very pleased with the performance of the Futaba stuff which compared favourably with the Graupner gear which I bought myself. I do not have the funds to buy any others but am quite happy with what I have. Ny only concern is if the Rx ;s go down what I could do for replacements. Thanks John mantova

Thread: How to fly Sharkface??
16/12/2012 01:19:06

Two points come to mind from half acentury or more ago. Unles you have a very powrful motor to draf model into the air no model should be launched up wards always firmly slightly down to enable speed build up. Second outrunner motors have a strong torque action similar to the old Sopwith Camel which could be vicious in the wrong hands but could turn like the devil in one direction using the toque effect of the rotary engine. This may be part of problem. Another thought just struck me as a lot of right handers tend to launch with the mdel banked to the right and takes concentration to avoid. Practice with a chuck glider will show what the effects are from launching in certain ways. this was part of the apprenticeship in my day. endless fun and a good learning curve.Try it it's fun. By the way isw this Sharkface the one from my era (60's or so) because if so with a bit of dihedral it could fly free flight. Loadsa fun. Hope this helps in conjunction with the other posts made . Cheers John M. (onetenor)

22/05/2012 02:39:03

if the rest of this message gor through i'll carry on.I looked at the tail assembly which was made with quite heavy section wood. There I could save a bit of tail weight. Sanding down almost half of the thichness of tailplane and fin. Tapered towards tips. After re finishing I checked c/g again and fond that it had moved about 1/4 " forward and looked better to me. On the next outing I did some hand gliding tests over long grass, launching downwards, as is usual with all hand launches unless with veyt powerful motor. I very surprised to achieve a very fast stable looong glide almost hiiting the trees about 50 yards away . With the engine running I used the same technique she climbed away steadily and fast until fuel ran out. a spiral right hand glide followed almost to the ground until the ground cushion effect came into play. To my surprise she slowed right down. Straightened out and setlled into alongish straight glide settling down a few yards from my feet , This pattern of flight remained with both of them until fthe fuselages gave up the ghost. i still have the wings and empennage of one of them married to a modified team racer fuse. Lenghtened and lightened. Still flying withe a D. C. Bantam up front. Cheers J.M.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us