By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Extra Hot Chilli
05/08/2019 11:53:39

Watching as I do like a nice twin. thumbs up

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
22/06/2019 18:09:39

"Missing free subscription gift"

Again called Time Media UK customer services and this time spoke to a very helpful chap in South Africa. (I asked)

Outcome were some very nice Allen screwdrivers arrived a few days later - result.

Thread: OS No8 plugs
21/05/2019 16:06:30

John, PM sent

Thread: Trouble contacting Laser engines
21/05/2019 14:30:15

Wishing your Mum all best with her treatment.

Jon is true to his word as he called me this morning after I dropped him an email after struggling for several day with what we now know is a duff phone system - thumbs up and now a spanking new 120 on its way.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
18/05/2019 11:22:20

Missing free subscription gift?

My eyes may be deteriorating but can someone please point out where in the subscription offer pages in RCM&E the gift solely relates to a DD subscription?

I sent in a £47 cheque annual subscription and received my acknowledgement 18th March with a notice please wait 28 days after offer closes for gift if one is applicable. May's and June's mags arrived but still no gift,

Two calls to Time Media and I think they just kept repeating that one was not applicable with a annual cheque for print subscription and that a supervisor would get back to me. Now I won't share my email or phone no so will have to wait for a letter - we will see. Then to top it off they said the Aluminum Allen screwdrivers I particularly wanted were not available. The current Etronix Analyser is of no use.

Can someone please point out where in the subscription offer pages the gift solely applies to a DD or Print + Digital? Thanks.

Thread: Suitable caption?
12/05/2019 08:26:19

Tracker set to return to TX

Thread: CAA registration consulation
02/05/2019 07:40:55

We can complain all we want but registration will happen. The cost well correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the CAA already have an infrastructure for commercial UAV pilots which surly is already 80%+ of what is proposed? I work for a €130m worldwide company and our IT department complete with offsite Halon gas protected backup server budget is only €1m pa. and we complete upgrades within that budget, so some IT company is fleecing the CAA. at £2.8m pa unless we are also covering the commercial side as wellsad

Edited By Ace on 02/05/2019 07:41:37

Thread: Where's all the stock?
25/04/2019 19:07:13

Another thumbs up for Gliders in Newark who actually have a reasonable selection in stock.

Thread: Burn Crispy Aviators
11/04/2019 16:18:04

"Carbon, Energetic, Jubilant" puts you in the Tadcaster DMFC pits.teeth 2

Thread: NEW POLL - Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?
21/03/2019 15:18:09

Both - So I can't vote as we have a safety officer as dictated in our constitution who communicates by a quite word if he sees or someone mentions an unsafe practice. But then we also have in our constitution that safety is every members responsibility. Any differences in opinion are decided by majority present as they will be effected. Works for us.

Thread: Does your club prohibit the use of after-market receivers?
20/03/2019 19:43:06

As chairman of our club we have no such rule and to be honest I personally can't see the logic is valid without bona fide evidence. Now correct me but I haven't seen, read or heard anything that proves 3rd party receivers are less reliable and while the BMFA are happy in their use so will our club providing the usual safety checks are made.

For those cubs who have imposed a ban I would be interested to hear how the decision was taken. If at an AGM - fair enough that is democracy but apathy from the members may have also played a part. If just a quorum committee imposed the rule without calling an extra ordinary general meeting then the AGM could be lively wink

Thread: DX9 problems
27/02/2019 22:29:50

I have one of the last DMS2 / DSMX DX9's and have driven 0.8 of a mile away and still in line of sight slightly elevated from a hill. Then with a phone to my mate next to the aircraft I still had full control. Couldn't see the actual plane at that distance - if I needed to control it that far away I would have bigger problems than worrying about range. So no concern about range for me.

Thread: Bored Australian pilot
26/02/2019 22:04:39

"Or, he can program a GPS well......"

Na - to erratic, my moneys on spur of the moment and old fashioned seat of the pants flying wink

26/02/2019 18:10:38

Port Broughton to Balaklave is about 75km and with a bright summer morning in S Aus he would have had good ground vision to spot his marks - and yes I bet it brightened up an otherwise mundane flight. thumbs up

21/02/2019 13:18:42

I like his sense of humor.

Bored pilot

Thread: Favourite Non Scale Sport Bipe?
08/02/2019 19:05:33

I love my Free plan Sunday Flyer, not because its a hooligan but because it lazily stooges around on 3 channel with a 30fs - Arrrrrrrsunday f 1.jpg

Thread: Laser 180 Petrol
09/01/2019 21:47:10

Already on the list for a GA25 - I hope thumbs up

Zero waiting.

Thread: Keeping Warm In Winter Weather
04/01/2019 18:49:12

Hiking boots, cheap Ski trousers, cheap unlined Ski jacket (snow skirt keeps draughts out) with fleece and lumber jack cotton shirt, Faux lined Russian tank driver hat with flaps and fingerless gloves. If really cold/windy I break out the transmitter muff & ski goggles.

Thread: Christmas bush
21/12/2018 13:39:04

Hi Kooka, Tipsy P,

Once the bougainvillea have finished flowering, the Nuytsia flowers start appearing, temperature rises and the sky clears Christmas is coming Arrrrrrr

However here in the UK its wet, grey and I would say miserable but as as an optimist that's what makes the UK so green - can't have everything.

But then a sharp clear frosty morning has its own beauty and when it snows I am in heaven.

Merry Christmas lads.

Ace

20/12/2018 10:46:18

Back in WA (Western Australia) this is our Christmas tree complete with tinsel.

Western Australian Christmas Tree (nuytsia floribunda)

The bright golden flowers appear during the festive season and hence it's name. A simple strip of tinsel is all that is needed to create a perfect tree for Christmas. Known to the local Noongar people as morjar, they would use it's bark to make shields and the gum from these wounds is sweet and and can be eaten raw.

It is a tree, but it is unique in that it is parasitic. It’s roots search out other roots, circle round them and penetrate, sucking out nutrients. They have been known to cut unprotected underground cables.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us