By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: TorqPro TP70-FS 70cc Gas Engine
21/11/2017 23:29:22

I guess being very over square at:- bore 50mm, stroke 36mm. probably explains why it likes to rev, not dissimilar to a Laser 120 compared to the 100. Obviously not comparing quality just short and long stroke characteristics wink

Other than AndyD has anyone else any experience of ownership good or bad?

21/11/2017 22:07:49

Jon, not many actual videos but the RCCanada lads refer to spinning a 2 blade 24 x 10 @ 6500 and a VESS 24 x 10 at 6600 which are likely to be nearer the mark than the official 6800 on a 24 x 10.

21/11/2017 17:48:22

Found another old thread under "70 4 stroke" from a year ago with a bit more background info.**LINK**

Ace

21/11/2017 13:50:56

Cheers Flight1, I look forward to hearing your thoughts once fired up.

To say its been around for a couple of years the above plus a few other thoughts from over the pond , there is a distinct lack of feedback. As you say "no bad news is a good sign as bad news travels fast" The only negatives I could find is one person complaining of it leaking oil through a damaged gasket face and another that a valve seat came out on an early model. He then went on to mention that it had been redesigned in the replacement head.

Where is "Jon" for his thoughts and observations when you need him.

Very Tempted.

21/11/2017 10:35:39

Thinking of putting one in a Don Smith 86" Nakajima Ki84. **LINK**

However they have been around for a couple of years but can't seem to find much feedback from owners on whether value for money or a dog.

For the price you are never going to get a Kolm but that's what people said of DLE compared to DA and I have nothing but praise for my DLE 30 & 50. = 95% for 50% cost yes

So does anyone own one and what experience, are we talking DLE or MDS ?

Thanks Ace

Thread: 2018 Mass Build - Voting Thread
14/11/2017 08:43:06

1 Grumpy Tiger Cub

2 Chilli Breeze

3 Holi

Will probably build the Grumpy or American Nightmare which are both very similar as I really fancy a small twin before tackling Richards 72" BF110 kit I am sitting on (not literally) smiley

Thread: Small petrols any good ?
02/11/2017 22:26:26

I do not question the ones at your club are quiet, I can only share my experience. I have one of the first none pumped carb GX10's and as standard with recommended prop it had a very loud bark. Over propping helped, then fitting an Irvine 53 baffled silencer (same as the ASP 52) helped some more and eventually ended up with a Weston throttle pipe. Even these mods still meant it would not pass the 82 db test so is not used at present until i can figure a way to stifle the bark. Don't get me wrong it ran well on 20-1 but as Bob and Steve I swapped it out for a 4s glow.

Thread: DOH!
02/11/2017 09:16:05

Was doing a little soldering job on a cluttered bench and needed a little more space, so pushed the soldering iron on its stand back slightly to make more room. Didn't notice it touched a thin cyano bottle which promptly leaked all over the bench. Clearing it up I got a bit between two fingers and stuck them together. Putting my hand on the bench to steady myself as I reached for the debonder. Yep stuck my whole hand to the bench.

Thread: Pushing a Spitfire
01/11/2017 19:39:26

Volume up, eyes closed and let your imagination run - smiley

Thread: Fuel Choice?
27/10/2017 22:08:08

Nice bright clear frosty morning - can't beat it especially when its snowed and i can dust off the skis -Arrrrrrr

A drop of petrol in the glow fuel and it starts first time even on the coldest mornings.

27/10/2017 14:25:05

+ 1 for Southern Modelcraft - Hi-lube 10, 15yrs + usage without any issues on both 2/4 strokes.

However they don't do mail order so unless you live in Kent ! its only from shows.

Thread: Pe Reivers
26/09/2017 08:12:57

Rob, thanks will have a more determined try tonight.

John, appreciate the offer. There was not anything in particular, I just recall there being a huge amount of what I thought was useful information from designing silencers to various calculators.

Ace

25/09/2017 22:21:44

John, It wasn't anything in particular just that when Pe's name cropped up it reminded me of how much interesting content was on his website and just wondered if any was still available. There was so much I have forgotten what there actually was as its been 4 possibly 5 yrs since he died.

Rob. Tried thewaybackmachine and there is a record of search finds but can't work out how to actually see if any content is still accessible from I believe MVVS.nl ? Ace

25/09/2017 13:09:26

Pe Reivers name came up in another thread which got me thinking. Before he unfortunately died he had a fantastic website full of useful stuff. Un-fortunately I re visited just after the sad event to find the site was closed. Any one know if any of the information is still accessible online?

Thanks Ace

Thread: Petrol motors, magneto or CDI ignition.
21/09/2017 17:33:45

Had both and although the mag was absolutely fine, just needed a strong flick, the EFI just seemed to run a little crisper / smoother. I also used a carb elbow to reduce the width on both. Exhaust was ok and actually did make a difference rather than the usual noise diverter.

Thread: Caption competition!
20/09/2017 11:52:19

Told you the Nav lights were working.

19/09/2017 16:53:07

I could really take to this micro indoor flying.

Thread: Hi All from a Lucky Man
18/09/2017 09:25:03

Great stuff, wind in your hair can't beat it thumbs up

Never took the controls but did have the top wing all to myself smile d

w f start.jpg

Thread: cyparis wood
15/09/2017 18:45:15

Stuart from Solutions is still supplying Cyparis (and other stuff) and was at the recent LMA Elvington show.

Based in the NE, no website but email address "was" askus@onebyone.co.uk

Ace

Thread: RX switch mounting
17/08/2017 16:27:48

+1 for the led switches.

Have 8, all without an issue + using NiMh means I can easily charge when hanging from the ceiling and check levels at the field without taking the wing off and they have a slide over the charge point which keeps any debris/goo out.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us