By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: How to connect a solenoid to a receiver?
04/05/2017 12:50:12

Sounds like a servo and glider tow release mechanism would fit the bill. If so maybe someone has a simple diagram. Ace

Thread: New Laser engines. What do you want?
27/04/2017 17:29:44

As MC & MB have said get the 180 out into the marketplace for real world testing, as it sounds like you have an engineering formula that you are now almost happy with, so now down to just wink testing and tweeking.

If or when a petrol 100 is released I am nailing my CC at the top behind MC.

Ace

Thread: Lavochkin La7 - Warbird Replicas Kit
27/04/2017 11:54:47
Posted by Piers Bowlan on 27/04/2017 11:10:45:
Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 27/04/2017 10:32:13:

If my 100 works it will be a darn sight cheaper than £420 i can assure you

If your 100 works and you decide to put it into production you will need bigger premises/ more staff!

And I will be at the head of the queue which will be backed up to the M25 carpark - I am with DD get your finger out cheekywink Ace

Thread: Waterplane flying in Yorkshire's?
27/04/2017 08:09:54

Cheers Stu. yes

Ace

26/04/2017 18:48:43

A year or two ago a group of flyers use to meet just outside Hull on IIRC a Wednesday evening.?

I can't find any reference to their group, so do they still meet and are there any other sites/groups in the Yorkshire's (N,S,E & W) that allow IC or just electric?

Thanks Ace

Thread: Horizon Hobbies
01/04/2017 11:40:00

A very helpful lady at HH sent me 2 switches FOC 1st class which arrived today, so helpful to the very end, She did confirm they closed the doors on Friday 31st despite what the website "still" says today - Saturday.

I feel for the people who have lost their jobs but in these days of a global economy and so long as someone in the service department speaks good English (lets face it many Germans do) I don't see a problem. Even with Harlow closing I was never going to physically knock on their door and lets be honest courier services are extremely efficient these days.

I work for a French parent company and apart from minor differences in time and holidays communication and parts supply works just fine.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion which others have expressed, however my DX9 with Spektrum & lemon receivers has NEVER missed a beat and I personally would buy another tomorrow. Even with Harlow closing any warranty contract is with your UK supplier, presuming it was purchased here in the UK. Outside of warranty time will tell and only then can an informed decision be made. Even that will be difficult as those with bad experiences will tell 10 people as opposed to a good experience who will share it with just 3. Ace

Thread: Fusion 360 for modellers
29/03/2017 13:12:18

Like Graham I don't own a printer yet and am trying to get my head around the modeling bit first - challenging for an average age modeler wink

What about a dummy cylinder? I guess you would have to print halves to build the fins vertically and then somehow curved sections between for the barrel, a square base and honeycomb center to reduce filament/weight? Getting way ahead of myself now.

Appreciate the effort BW yes

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
14/03/2017 09:46:45

"Youre right Paul , I ve sent out quite few 110 s now . Only heard from Nigel ."

Not true - too many fingers in your ears Sweep as did acknowledge receipt and praise the quality 5 days ago. cheeky

David's pilot/gunner look stunning so You can put me down for a pair and any news on the different spinners?

Paul, Excellent workmanship and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. yes These I am recording so as and when I reach each stage I don't have to scratch my head, have another cup of tea and my waist will appreciate not having to eat so many chocolate biscuits. Ace

Thread: Fusion 360 for modellers
13/03/2017 13:50:18

That is really, really good work in words and at a speed I can follow yes

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
09/03/2017 15:48:38

Well my birthday present arrived today and as Paul has mentioned it was crammed with lovely goodies. Now as a Tortoise builder with a couple of small projects to complete first I didn't want to get to involved but just had to take a peek to ensure everything was there - well my story and I am sticking to it cheeky

Both the wood selection and laser cutting look excellent and was particularly impressed with the sturdy vac mouldings yes and unlike Paul's my wings didn't have the "optical illusion" of dents. So I have wiped the drool off and managed to get it all back in the box (just) for now and looking forward to the coming build. Ace

03/03/2017 11:17:11

My birthday next week so Richards timing is perfect.gift

I too will be taking a full house of extras and IC powered. First choice would have been a pair of Laser 70's, however due to their size and in particular their length and the amount of re-working that would have been required to accommodate, I will be using a pair of ASP 61 4s. Colour scheme will be Mediterranean from a "C" based in Sicily.

More of a Tortoise when it come to building so will have the benefit of the Hares, plus I may well build an electric sports twin first to play around with to hone my single engine skills. I know Jon set up well there shouldn't be any issues but just in case wink. Although I find electric soul-less (ducks) it is possible to flick either motor on/off at will for practice, then recover with both if it all goes pear shaped.

Edited By Ace on 03/03/2017 11:31:42

Thread: Jetmen with The Patrouille de France
23/02/2017 11:31:35

Mark, should there be a link? only its not showing for me

You must have been editing as I typed.

Thanks

Edited By Ace on 23/02/2017 11:33:03

Thread: Mirus Build Blog
22/02/2017 09:17:37

Looks fantastic. thumbs up

First cut to vinyl decals in just 10 days - mine will take 10 weeks if I am lucky.

18/02/2017 22:38:16

If you lift the small tabs on the male plug you can pull the three pins out, pass them through and then re-insert them into the plug.

Thread: Battery connection to receiver
17/02/2017 19:26:34

Gangster, true and I included failsafe in the advice. And as the AR800 has failsafe you are obliged by law to have it active.

Horizon Hobby advice direct from the manual:- After you set up your model, always rebind the transmitter and receiver to set the desired failsafe positions. See FAILSAFE on the next page.

Thread: David Boddington Raider Combat RCM&E Febr 2017
17/02/2017 13:42:03

Ton, I have proposed to our club (Tadcaster & District MFC) members that we have a Raider club build for Easter and those that fancy it a go at combat. Thanks for the effort, pm sent.

Thread: Battery connection to receiver
17/02/2017 11:02:14

Keith, Just remember once everything is set up, direction, travel, fail safe choices etc. that you rebind to lock them in.

Thread: SCEN Puma 3
17/01/2017 18:42:49

SN,

Steve at Vortex would be a good place to start..

**LINK**

David

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
22/12/2016 14:40:56

Jon, yep that's the one - thumbs up only I just want 1 smiley

David

22/12/2016 10:30:38

Richard,

I was one of the original 6 and am ecstatic that you are wiling to put in the effort to produce a 110 kit. It's VERY VERY much appreciated. So publicly I nail my colours to the mast - I still want one please.

Jon will be happy as i also have a leaning towards IC (60/40) although electric does have its plus points. Will certainly be desert camouflage.

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us