By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Brit on tour in Australia
12/12/2016 12:39:13

When back home (Mandurah) in October I visited Whiteman Park and its a huge Model flying site. As JP mentioned they have at least three fenced control -line circles, permanent 1/6 off-road track and a huge RC field with two hard runways and a club room to die for - well you get the gist i was jealous.

Just outside Rockingham on the south side is another large RC field and mini stock car track, with another two clubs with very large fields slightly inland between Rockingham and Perth. One IIRC has a pop up irrigation system to keep the grass alive. Won't be hard to find the locations. Sorry can't comment on the northside. David

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
03/12/2016 21:17:25

Hi Richard,

I appreciate the openness and I am in for a bf110 if you do decide and sincerely hope you do but would also understand if not practical.

David

Thread: 2017 Mass Build Voting Thread
18/11/2016 20:24:58

1 Grumpy Tigercub

2 Super Kaos

3 Baron 1914

Thread: Fall In The Value Of The Pound
07/10/2016 20:31:21

True however once existing stocks have been sold any new goods entering the country will be costed at the exchange rates applicable at the time. Currently approx 15% worse than 12 months ago. So yes existing stock prices should remain the same but any new imported goods will have to be dearer. That's assuming people aren't smart enough to raise prices now to cover the extra outlay required to replace future stock. So business will have to borrow more to cover the increased priced stock which will in turn impact balance sheets.Therefore higher debt ratios can only result in more bankruptcies. One major common purchase for most is fuel and you can't not have noticed that is already creeping up even though there is a relative oil glut worldwide, which is solely due to the fact all oil is bought in US $. However if Jon can get his finger out the extra business worldwide may mean he has more funds to get the 7 new petrol engines out pronto Ace

Thread: Canister exhaust mounting and 2 stroke cans on a 4 stroke
20/09/2016 19:27:45

Interesting Bob, do you recall the readings Front , Left, Rear, Right? only I am also looking to do something similar. David

Thread: Phoenix versus Realflight
11/08/2016 13:11:39

+ 1 for Phoenix into tele using a HDMI cable from a laptop.thumbs up

My copy is 10+ yrs old but with free life updates is bang up to date. Used with Futaba, JR and now Spektrum Tx's.

David

Thread: Fuel tank filling pipe
02/08/2016 14:31:41

What has worked reliable (for me anyway) is to add a short length of fuel tubing to the upturned breather so it just reaches the top, DON'T forget cut a V in the end so it can't vacuum stick as you draw off fuel. Bonus is you get a full tank every time. Do the same for the down turned fill pipe to the bottom and by tipping your plane slightly forward on its wheels all fuel will be pumped out. Ace

Edited By Ace on 02/08/2016 14:32:37

Edited By Ace on 02/08/2016 14:33:59

Thread: Saito rocker pivot removal
23/07/2016 09:48:14

Thanks Guys - "Success"

Freezing then local super heat (protecting valves with ally plate) shifted one then the other after a second freeze/heat with the bonus of no damage to the pivot slots thumbs up Ace

22/07/2016 16:53:15

Cheers guys,

To be honest the head/barrel only had a small piece of exhaust thread casting flicked out on a heavy nose landing and I was going to try a little JB Weld liquid metal repair and keep it for spares (tight adopted Yorkshireman). At £85 inc P&P for a bare unit its worth trying to save.

DW -Unit now in the freezer to be followed by a very quick blast of serious heat on the ally before the steel has time to expand. If that fails and all but melting the posts also fails its butchering time. Ace

22/07/2016 08:43:29

Cheers ED, OK more heat required, so will use some ally sheet to protect the valves then try being super aggressive with the heat. If that fails its post butchering time. Ace

22/07/2016 07:27:32

I have a Saito 82b which needs the barrel replacing. In order to transfer the valve mechanisms I need to remove the rocker pivot pins/screws. These 3mm slotted screws refuse to budge. I have tried local heat with a gas torch as the pin is steel in an ally post but they still refuse to move. I don't really want to resort to cutting grinding the ally support posts off so looking for ideas as other must have experienced the same problem. Thanks

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
11/05/2016 21:50:32

Richard,

Twin - Sea Hornet

Single - Tempest or P47

IC although I may consider electric for the Hornet.

David

Thread: Tour de Yorkshire ITV 4
29/04/2016 19:10:34

The feeding station in Wetherby at the halfway point (90km ish) was at the end of my road. So watching the coverage on C24 until leading group neared the town, then nipped down to give them support and boy they looked cold although it wasn't raining, then back home. It was also good to see the police outriders really getting into the spirit playing up to the crowd. 10 minutes well spent.

Thread: Vulcan XH558 final flights
10/10/2015 14:34:28

Flying low and just 5 min behind schedule as it passed over Wetherby.

Thread: Four stroke purgatory
15/09/2015 08:20:28

Tightning the head that much will certainly mean the tappet clearance is now way off and could be one reason for loss of power and a relativly simple fix to try first.

Thread: Inserting pictures from album
03/09/2015 22:41:52

Steve thanks, which raised another issue in that even after Phil's tips when I clicked on the skis album it said "sorry no album found", however if i clicked on edit they showed up - very bizarre.

Phil, should have tried one at a time but did all three, compatibility icon, emptied cache and then switched to Chrome. One of those worked.yes

Thanks both, David

Thread: Model Suggestions for OS 30FS
03/09/2015 22:20:10

How about a Sunday Flyer. 48" 3 channel easy to ass/dis - assemble as the cabaine struts spring out from top wing leaving just the 2 wing bolts. Was a free plan in 89? still available from My hobby stores plans. Flys great on a OS/ASP30. Ace

sunday f 1.jpg

Thread: Inserting pictures from album
03/09/2015 20:54:28

dscf0006.jpg

03/09/2015 20:29:27

Yes Steve, I was using that as a guide on "how too" and double checked the picture size at 300kb was was ok.

Please feel free to do anything that may assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks, David

03/09/2015 20:01:33

I have pictures in albums at just 300kb but when clicking on the camera icon to insert a picture into a post the “insert image from album” box opens but is empty as though there is a grey over box ( same colour as the background) covering everything up so I can’t see anything to highlight. The very top of something looks as though it is just sticking out over the top but none identifiable.

A post with just words works fine.

Any ideas please?

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us