By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Jetmen with The Patrouille de France
23/02/2017 11:31:35

Mark, should there be a link? only its not showing for me

You must have been editing as I typed.

Thanks

Edited By Ace on 23/02/2017 11:33:03

Thread: Mirus Build Blog
22/02/2017 09:17:37

Looks fantastic. thumbs up

First cut to vinyl decals in just 10 days - mine will take 10 weeks if I am lucky.

18/02/2017 22:38:16

If you lift the small tabs on the male plug you can pull the three pins out, pass them through and then re-insert them into the plug.

Thread: Battery connection to receiver
17/02/2017 19:26:34

Gangster, true and I included failsafe in the advice. And as the AR800 has failsafe you are obliged by law to have it active.

Horizon Hobby advice direct from the manual:- After you set up your model, always rebind the transmitter and receiver to set the desired failsafe positions. See FAILSAFE on the next page.

Thread: David Boddington Raider Combat RCM&E Febr 2017
17/02/2017 13:42:03

Ton, I have proposed to our club (Tadcaster & District MFC) members that we have a Raider club build for Easter and those that fancy it a go at combat. Thanks for the effort, pm sent.

Thread: Battery connection to receiver
17/02/2017 11:02:14

Keith, Just remember once everything is set up, direction, travel, fail safe choices etc. that you rebind to lock them in.

Thread: SCEN Puma 3
17/01/2017 18:42:49

SN,

Steve at Vortex would be a good place to start..

**LINK**

David

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
22/12/2016 14:40:56

Jon, yep that's the one - thumbs up only I just want 1 smiley

David

22/12/2016 10:30:38

Richard,

I was one of the original 6 and am ecstatic that you are wiling to put in the effort to produce a 110 kit. It's VERY VERY much appreciated. So publicly I nail my colours to the mast - I still want one please.

Jon will be happy as i also have a leaning towards IC (60/40) although electric does have its plus points. Will certainly be desert camouflage.

David

12/12/2016 13:33:57

Richard,

Did enough people put their hand up to purchase a Bf110 kit for it to be worthwhile producing?

Hopefully a few more PM'd you directly joining those above.

Ace

PM sent

Thread: Brit on tour in Australia
12/12/2016 12:39:13

When back home (Mandurah) in October I visited Whiteman Park and its a huge Model flying site. As JP mentioned they have at least three fenced control -line circles, permanent 1/6 off-road track and a huge RC field with two hard runways and a club room to die for - well you get the gist i was jealous.

Just outside Rockingham on the south side is another large RC field and mini stock car track, with another two clubs with very large fields slightly inland between Rockingham and Perth. One IIRC has a pop up irrigation system to keep the grass alive. Won't be hard to find the locations. Sorry can't comment on the northside. David

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
03/12/2016 21:17:25

Hi Richard,

I appreciate the openness and I am in for a bf110 if you do decide and sincerely hope you do but would also understand if not practical.

David

Thread: 2017 Mass Build Voting Thread
18/11/2016 20:24:58

1 Grumpy Tigercub

2 Super Kaos

3 Baron 1914

Thread: Fall In The Value Of The Pound
07/10/2016 20:31:21

True however once existing stocks have been sold any new goods entering the country will be costed at the exchange rates applicable at the time. Currently approx 15% worse than 12 months ago. So yes existing stock prices should remain the same but any new imported goods will have to be dearer. That's assuming people aren't smart enough to raise prices now to cover the extra outlay required to replace future stock. So business will have to borrow more to cover the increased priced stock which will in turn impact balance sheets.Therefore higher debt ratios can only result in more bankruptcies. One major common purchase for most is fuel and you can't not have noticed that is already creeping up even though there is a relative oil glut worldwide, which is solely due to the fact all oil is bought in US $. However if Jon can get his finger out the extra business worldwide may mean he has more funds to get the 7 new petrol engines out pronto Ace

Thread: Canister exhaust mounting and 2 stroke cans on a 4 stroke
20/09/2016 19:27:45

Interesting Bob, do you recall the readings Front , Left, Rear, Right? only I am also looking to do something similar. David

Thread: Phoenix versus Realflight
11/08/2016 13:11:39

+ 1 for Phoenix into tele using a HDMI cable from a laptop.thumbs up

My copy is 10+ yrs old but with free life updates is bang up to date. Used with Futaba, JR and now Spektrum Tx's.

David

Thread: Fuel tank filling pipe
02/08/2016 14:31:41

What has worked reliable (for me anyway) is to add a short length of fuel tubing to the upturned breather so it just reaches the top, DON'T forget cut a V in the end so it can't vacuum stick as you draw off fuel. Bonus is you get a full tank every time. Do the same for the down turned fill pipe to the bottom and by tipping your plane slightly forward on its wheels all fuel will be pumped out. Ace

Edited By Ace on 02/08/2016 14:32:37

Edited By Ace on 02/08/2016 14:33:59

Thread: Saito rocker pivot removal
23/07/2016 09:48:14

Thanks Guys - "Success"

Freezing then local super heat (protecting valves with ally plate) shifted one then the other after a second freeze/heat with the bonus of no damage to the pivot slots thumbs up Ace

22/07/2016 16:53:15

Cheers guys,

To be honest the head/barrel only had a small piece of exhaust thread casting flicked out on a heavy nose landing and I was going to try a little JB Weld liquid metal repair and keep it for spares (tight adopted Yorkshireman). At £85 inc P&P for a bare unit its worth trying to save.

DW -Unit now in the freezer to be followed by a very quick blast of serious heat on the ally before the steel has time to expand. If that fails and all but melting the posts also fails its butchering time. Ace

22/07/2016 08:43:29

Cheers ED, OK more heat required, so will use some ally sheet to protect the valves then try being super aggressive with the heat. If that fails its post butchering time. Ace

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!