By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Who's Brave Enough??
19/01/2013 09:30:12

RP - Brians idea works extremely well.

I have used it for a number of seasons so long as you use a 4mm screw on the axle to get the grip and no need for a keel which hinders ground handling. Next version the width will be increased to 3 1/2" as 3" just works in 8" of fluffy virgin snow. Fine in wet or compacted snow.

Heres how I made them link

Ace

Thread: The ski's the limit!
18/01/2013 10:59:19

Re the icing, some type of wax or furniture polish on the base should cure that as it breaks the surface tension preventing the very very thin layer or water caused by the friction between the ski and snow which freezes and sticks when you stop. Anorak I know I will get my coat.nerd

I also noticed you look to have swept back U/C, Have you considered turning it round to move you skis further forward thus reducing the leverage of the prop trying to pull down over the tips burying the engine ?

Roll on the weekend so I can get out and play as I am extremely envious looking at the video.

Ace

18/01/2013 09:37:01

Nice video Pete and some private airfield you have smiley

If your ski tips are digging in try longer ones which have the tips in front of the prop or these held firmer at a greater AOA on the ground to aid planing.

Great tip on updating the firmware in the key fob camera, always found not being able to edit a real pain - thanks thumbs up

Ace

16/01/2013 09:44:40
Posted by Ian Jones on 16/01/2013 00:44:32:

..including how to bend the tips of the skis up, very interesting.

Thanks Ian.

As you have experienced the snow can disappear within the blink of an eye, or worse still it half melts then freezes leaving a green and white patch which wheels won't turn in. Well the good news is that the skis work great on that to (even on wet grass) and when it finally melts at lunchtime you just drop the wheels back on and continue as normal - Hey presto a full days flying.

15/01/2013 17:18:46

These have lasted two seasons now and am really looking forward to a fresh dump to play in.

How to here.

dscf0011.jpg

dscf0010.jpg

dscf0006.jpg

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us