By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Depron Daz

Here is a list of all the postings Depron Daz has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Rx's just won't bind
28/03/2016 23:57:33

I've swapped the positive and negative as described in drone chaps YouTube video, but when I download the firmware file from FrSky, it saves as a RAR file and not a FRK file (like I know the difference!)

I then downloaded a RAR opener but that is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe. This radio is seriously doing my nut in, knew I should've stayed with Spektrum, Argh!!!!

28/03/2016 21:38:09

Thanks guys, sorry I didn't respond earlier but felt quite ill shortly after posting, so had to have a rest.

Ok, from what I read, my Tx needs to be OpenTX 2.1.x, that's ok mine is 2.1.6. I got a small 4 wired jumper cable in the Rx packet so that plugs into the SB Port on the Rx and the rear of the Tx, I then have to do some wizardry to get the necessary onto the Rx.

I think I've got it, thank you.

28/03/2016 17:13:51

I bought two X4R Rx's from BRC Hobbies last week, and before I get on the phone to them I thought I'd ask here first.

I cannot get either to bind with my X9D Plus. The Tx is on LBT, and according to the advert on BRC for the X4R Rx they too are LBT. However, I understand LBT is a 2016 thing, bit on the rear of the Rx both have 2015 labels. Have I got EU versions possibly? There is also a "B" sticker on there too, whatever that means. Can anyone shed any light please?

Thread: Tiled plans help
27/03/2016 19:41:44

Well I found out what the problem was, it was ME! Told you I don't do computers.

I was doing it right but what threw me was the fact that in the bottom right corner it was saying "Page 1 of 1" when above the image it was saying that there were 270 pages. Also I scaled it down to 100% which meant I only printed off 20 pages, and will have to redraw the whole plan on lining paper multiplying up by 2.88.

Thanks Martin for trying to sort it out though, I did appreciate it.

27/03/2016 13:01:10

Hi Martin. Yes that looks exactly the same. I'll try again.

27/03/2016 00:38:53

Thanks ever so much Martin, I thought I was right but was only getting 1 sheet out the printer? Do you think it'll be cheaper just getting a print firm to stick it on A0 sheets?

27/03/2016 00:17:48

Sorry I took so long, didn't change the file type from a PNG to a JPG. I HATE THESE THINGS!!!!!

capture.jpg

26/03/2016 23:56:39

Ok I'll try that

26/03/2016 23:47:33

Right, I told you I was flippin' useless with these things, it seems I downloaded version 11's multi lingual help!

I'm re-installing 10 now. Where is the snipping tool then? Is that another download or will it be buried in the computer somewhere? You'll wish you never bothered to answer this thread Martin

26/03/2016 23:35:51

I don't think I have a screen shot button, even asked my son (who normally helps me with these sort of things) and he couldn't find one because I thought that would help me explain things. I'm using a 10" Windows pad thing with attached keyboard.

LOL, it does make a dam fine door stop!

I'll try the same in the new 11 version, and let you know. Thanks Martin

26/03/2016 23:28:51

Just downloading 11.

26/03/2016 23:26:01

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2015.010.20060

26/03/2016 23:22:21

Thanks for hanging around Martin.

Yes I am doing exactly what that page says, so I bet i'm using the wrong version, even though I only downloaded it last night???

26/03/2016 23:08:02

It shows "Pages to print" and I have selected "All" but still only shows 1 page. Went into printer properties and chose poster printing but now I think of it I don't think that's what I need anyhow. That's not the same as tiled is it.

may just be easier sending the file to a USB stick and going to the printers lol.

26/03/2016 22:17:18

Guys, those that know me will know that I don't do computers. I can do ebay and paypal, send an email and google search, but making tiled plans IS rocket science to me.

I have a PDF that I have blown up to 383% to fit the scale that I want (yes a big build) and I have imported it into Adobe Acrobat Reader. On the print age I press the poster button and it shows an image of the whole PDF tiled with 247 pages, but there is only 1 page available to print, and that is the one that is showing in the main pane behind the print page that I'm working on. Does that make sense?

What am I doing? I cannot see any way to get what I want, I've changed every button, got a pile of the same damn sheet printed out, and I'm getting very tired of it! Can anyone advise please? I'm using Windows 10.

Thread: Spektrum DX7S
25/03/2016 19:58:25

There you go, sorted!

25/03/2016 12:15:34

^^^ What Pete says Sorry but not having my Tx anymore (and not flying for over a year) it's a little hard to remember. Hope it works for you.

25/03/2016 11:59:11

Check the dual rate on the rudder isn't zero'd as this will still give you a monitor reading but no servo movement. The monitor only shows your stick movement,

25/03/2016 11:56:54

I've literally just sold my DX7s this morning so have nothing to look at, but is your rudder switch on the top all the way back? If that fails, reset your handset to factory default and start again. Save any prestored models (if you have any) to the SD card first and remove it before resetting.

25/03/2016 11:53:31

I guessing you've got the servo plug in the right slot and the right way round on the Rx?

Try putting another servo (aileron0 IN THE RUDDER slot and try that. Could be a faulty servo so try and eliminate the easy bits first before sending your radio off.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us