By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Garbo

Here is a list of all the postings Garbo has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Durafly EDF Vampire
08/12/2012 07:38:41

Tomtom I never heard of a Futaba locking out!

Thread: Durafly 'Autogyro G' PNP
08/12/2012 07:36:46

Scott on the how long does delivery take? Well it depends on what method you choose, EMS you should get before Christmas, any of the other choices based on the time of year were in you'll be very lucky to have it for Big Ben ringing in the new year.

Thread: Change in law on RC camera use?
07/12/2012 09:03:49

Will you be still allowed to video from full size planes?

Will I be allowed if I get a letter from my mammy?

Thread: Hobbyking Foamie Hurricane
06/12/2012 19:21:39

Mine arrived yesterday and initial view is its really nice but not sure about the navigation lights.

It was double boxed and even though the wing tips are close to the edges there was no damage. My pilot appears to have been shot or drunk as he was slumped forward, a little tricky to get at but a bad of hot glue should perk him up a bit.

P.S. Hobby king any chance of the pilots as a standalone product they are quiet good?

Thread: Contacting Hobby King
06/12/2012 19:16:06
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 06/12/2012 19:07:53:

Well I know a lot are on order - so flying views should start coming in soon! Bit off topic for here - you could always starts a thread and folks will contribute as they gain experience!

BEB

Agree HERE might be a good place

Thread: James May's Toy Stories: Flight Club
04/12/2012 17:11:21

Oh thats a birthday threat for me

04/12/2012 16:57:07
Posted by Tony Read 2 on 04/12/2012 13:19:18:

Hummm, the Hurri is only listed as being available from the UK warehouse (at a nice price indeed teeth 2).

BUT when you go to order you get stuffed for £32 shipping from China!!!! Plus you do not get the option to pick up (its a long way to China!). What gives???

Reckon for 'UK' you should read 'International'. sad

Tony dont know what your doing wrong but let me give you a tip.

On the lefthand side there is a serch box, type in Hawker Hurricane and two listings will appear one of the choices will be the UK warehouse stock, try it it works.

But to help here is the direct link

Thread: James May's Toy Stories: Flight Club
03/12/2012 22:38:29

I picked up the following off the BBC website (no timings yet)

James May's Toy Stories: Flight Club

In this epic Toy Stories Christmas Special, James May gets to the heart of the nation’s childhood love-affair with the model plane, and sets out to achieve what seems an impossible dream: the first cross channel flight ever achieved by an engineless, homemade supersized toy. If it survives the perilous 22-mile journey, James’s classic toy glider lovingly built from over 1,000 pieces of balsa will smash the British distance record.

Underpinned throughout by James’s own infectious passion for flight, his mission is dedicated to making the dream of flight come true for the generations of children who, like James himself, slaved for hours over balsa and glue only to see their fragile and much-loved planes smash tragically onto the unyielding concrete of reality.

During his quest, James turns Indiana Jones to unearth surprising new evidence that identifies children as the true pioneers of flight, and wrestles with an underperforming glider that threatens to barely leave the ground. From a visit to a mysterious and barely inhabited island to helicopters lost in the fog and missing speedboats, Flight Club is an epic journey into the unexpected, culminating in a thrilling and visually stunning last throw of the

Thread: Nexus Modelling Supplies
03/12/2012 20:53:41

Good luck with the venture Paul.

03/12/2012 19:18:10

Just got the an email from BRC who also have the E-Flite Hurri on promo still not sure if I want to pay nearly 3 times the price.

Thread: Multiplex Easystar or Bixler 2?
02/12/2012 21:57:37

They come in stock regularly you can add it to your wish list and await an email alert

Thread: Hobbyking postage
02/12/2012 20:45:28

Postage has gone down to 90p for small items from the UK warehouse

Thread: Contacting Hobby King
02/12/2012 20:33:55
Posted by kc on 02/12/2012 15:27:14:

I agree with BEB it's a poor site. In particular it wont work properly with older computers with little memory - so many graphics that overload the memory and freezes the computer. So I have never ordered but there is always Giant Shark!

I think the use of photos is generally a good thing on an internet shop site

02/12/2012 20:30:32
Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 02/12/2012 19:11:01:

I hate that flippin video, it bursts into sound as soon as you enter the site. I've been on there a lot less since that appeared.

I also find it a real pain to stay in the UK warehouse area... But that might just be me.

I set my location as UK and the UK warehouse tab is permanently available in the top left corner, and I have my account page as the bookmarked page so no annoying videos. By the way there is an option to turn off autoplay but that has the added complication of ticking an option.

02/12/2012 14:37:57

David its simple you click on the link "Buddy Code" and it takes you straight to the site and you add a Hurri to your cart.

Ian I am sure you found it difficult to learn to fly until you built up experience, websites are the same.

02/12/2012 10:56:58

Dave I posted elswhere the Hurricane is in the Uk warehouse hurri they are selling quick.

Here is my Bubby Code for a couple of quid off.

Bubby Code

Thread: Hobby King UK Small Item Postage
02/12/2012 10:47:34

Heads up for those who were looking for cheaper postage

HKUK are now 90p for 100g ie a couple of servos or a esc

Thread: Hobbyking postage
02/12/2012 10:43:36

What happened?

Thread: 808 #16 key cam first attempt - not good !!!
02/12/2012 10:37:33

Some times its nice to get a bit of the plane in shot

01/12/2012 10:52:44

David its in UK warehouse stock (-1 for mesmiley) now about £68 PNP with retracts

UK warehouse Hurricane

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us