By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dale Gibson

Here is a list of all the postings Dale Gibson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Newbie would like to say hello....
24/06/2012 19:21:01

Hi again,

does anybody know if the BMFA fee reduces at all as there year goes on?

I'm not being tight here ( well maybe just a little bit) but thought I'd ask before I send off my cheque!!

Thanks.....Dale

24/06/2012 12:12:50

Hi guys,

Just like to thank everyone for their welcome messages and advice, it's very much appreciated.

I'm really enjoying researching things at the moment.....there are some great kits out there!!! and so much to look at on line.

As a longer term project, I fancy building a wooden kit like a traditional Cub but I'm also looking at either a ready to fly or artf to get me started flying asap.

Thanks again

Dale.

23/06/2012 18:20:50

Hi i to you all,

I have in my earlier days built balsa gliders from KK but that was a long time ago now. Around 20yrs ago I did have some instruction on flying a balsa Cub type aircraft but only basic circuits and figure of eights, no take off or landings!! I have also dabbled with RC cars and more recently boats.

Well, the thing is, I think the timing is right for me now to have a serious go at learning to fly RC aircraft. I have been using the Phoenix sim and recently visited my local club and introduced myself but I am getting a bit confused as to which route to take...ie should I purchase something such as the HZ Super Cub to get started or go for a full on Trainer like the Irvine Tutor 2 and then should that be Ic or Electric?

Sorry for rambling on a bit but it's all a bit daunting and would love to hear your thoughts.

PS......great forum!!

Thanks.....Dale

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us