By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Pearce 4

Here is a list of all the postings David Pearce 4 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wiggo
16/12/2016 12:35:03

Harry

If you want the build article and plan, back numbers of the RCM&E come up on the UK Ebay site regularly. You have to check the description to make sure the plan is included but I find Ebay a good source of plans. Of course the RBC plan is rolled and not folded so is probable worth the extra but you have the choice.

I had a Wiggo kit for a recent birthday and look forward to starting it. Good luck with your build.

Thread: EBay Ads by Forum Members
07/12/2016 10:47:44

I am selling 5 Orange receivers on ebay, one 6 channel and four 7 channel.

These are used items but in good condition and I accept returns if the buyer isn't happy.

Please use this link to one of them and click on "See other items" for the others.

**LINK**

Regards
David

Thread: Destiny, My new design.
04/11/2016 22:22:44

I don't doubt its originality Peter, I guess any design will remind someone of another aircraft in some way. It reminds me of the saying "if it looks right , it will fly right".

I look forward to seeing it come together.

You don't do electric versions do you?!

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 04/11/2016 22:23:18

04/11/2016 15:28:52

Yes, looks very stylish. I immediately saw the Howard DGA-3 Pete in the fuselage and Wyvern in the tail. Pity I only fly electric . . .

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 04/11/2016 15:29:30

Thread: How much does your club membership cost on top of your adult 33 pounds BMFA membership?
25/10/2016 16:43:59

Ours is a bargain. £70 for concessions (inc BMFA) and for that we get a perfect flying field with two runways mowed to perfection by the committee plus two free BBQs per anum. The only thing not included is the weather . . .

Thread: Stashed In The Attic
25/10/2016 11:17:26

I must show this blog to my wife. With a build list of: one half finished Magnatilla, an ARTF Waco, a Kyten short kit and a pile of plans it makes me look positively frugal. angel 2

Mind you, a few years ago I was asked by a recently widowed woman to clear out her husband's collection of about 200 plastic aircraft kits. What a nightmare, half made, parts missing and months of Ebay. A lesson learned.

Thread: What to replace a E-Flite Pulse XT 25e with?
09/10/2016 11:56:28

Thanks one and all, plenty of food for thought. I'll check those out. David

06/10/2016 11:03:21

Yes, that's a very nice Miss Lizzy Paul, must build mine this winter.

On the subject of an ARTF one of our club members has converted a Great Planes Stinger II to 4S and it flies very well. Maybe I'll try one. Also the Great Planes F-1 Rocket Evo also suits electric but requires 6s although at £109 is good value. Anyone have experience of these?

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 06/10/2016 11:03:54

05/10/2016 15:34:24

Thank you both.

Yes, I like Peter Miller's designs and have his Miss Lizzy plan to build one day. But for now I'm looking for an ARTF. After no crashes for years my flyable planes have gone from 4 to 2 in a month so restocking is getting urgent.

I hadn't thought about the HK Spacewalker but it looks worth serious consideration.

Cheers

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 05/10/2016 15:34:57

05/10/2016 10:50:00

Back in April 2014 I asked here for recommendations for a sports aircraft to follow on from my Wot4E. The E-Flite XT 25e Pulse was recommended and I bought one. Two and a half years later it's still the best plane I've ever had and, although others have come and gone, it's still flying. No doubt one day I will write it off and I'm thinking of getting something before that happens.

I fitted mine with a 4S setup and it can climb vertically but it's best feature is its big wing that gives it the ability to fly big aerobatics at slow speed. Although E-Flite have a smaller foam version they no longer sell this in the UK.

So any thoughts on a similar sized ARTF low winger, made of balsa with similar flight characteristics?

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
12/08/2016 16:52:54
Posted by David Davis on 12/08/2016 11:11:04:

Superb job David!

Thank you David, nice of you to say that.

(Just spotted an error, she's flown 236 flights not 326.)

Cheers, David

12/08/2016 10:23:10

Not a new model but one that’s been given a makeover. This balsa electric WOT4E MK II got me back into the hobby three years ago. It’s given me 326 flights (yes I log them) on the recommended 3S setup. Like all Wot4s it flies well but this version suffers from needing a lot of nose weight and that gives short flight times on a 2200 3S, in my case 5 minutes max. So having taken advice on this forum I fitted a HK SK3-4240-740Kv and a 4S 3200Mah lipo, it now balances without any additional weight.

I also chose to strip off all the old covering and recover. Not an easy task I discovered. I wanted something that showed up well and was a little different. The red and gray is HK covering and as I needed to paint the cowl I also pained the undercarriage white and gave it some new chrome wheels. White trim lines and my own printed decals complete. I’m lucky in that my last 20 years at work included using graphics software and so I put my knowledge to use and drew the decals in CorelDraw. They are printed on waterslide decal paper and varnished with artist gloss varnish. I'm reasonably pleased and time will tell how durable they are.

The maiden flights proved that throws had to be reduced with the increased speed but duration was doubled to 10 minutes. It’s now flying well so maybe I can get another 326 flights out of it.

dscf2440.jpg

dscf2441.jpg

dscf2442.jpg

dscf2444.jpg

Thread: BREXIT
24/06/2016 09:58:22

As we wait and see what happens next there is at least one bit of silver lining:

As an MEP, Nigel Farage just got voted out of a job!

Thread: Lipo battery brand choice
01/06/2016 14:15:53

In the 3S to 4S range, another vote for Zippy lipos. Quite a few of our club are using them. I also like Dynamic which I've had a lot of use out of with no problems. Standard Turnigy are good value but Nano Tech, in my opinion, are poor as they swell easily.

Thread: the swastika ?
29/05/2016 10:30:05

I think it's totally understandable for the Germans to be sensitive about the swastika and not display it on RC models etc. Although using it in a non political way is fine here in the UK.

Interestingly it's been around for hundreds of years before Hitler grabbed it and is thought to mean good fortune. It was used as a heraldic symbol and in WW1 Verner Voss used it on his Albatros fighter, obviously without any Nazi connection. The Finnish air force also used it.

Thread: How do you keep track of your lipos?
28/05/2016 10:40:48

Put an elestic band around each as it's charged. Remove it as you put it in plane. Simples . . .

Thread: Overheating Lipo on charging
28/05/2016 09:24:22

Thanks again Matty

I was already looking for a dual 80w charger but as a typical flying session is 4 or more flights it would make sense to follow your advice. Time to shop . . .

Cheers

27/05/2016 19:53:37

Thanks Matty

Food for thought. Although I don't think I'll go bigger than 4S going future proof does make sense.

Cheers

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 27/05/2016 19:58:48

27/05/2016 16:52:00
Posted by Eagle 899 on 27/05/2016 16:47:43:

Keep an eye on the BMFA ads....I bought an iCharger 306B for £70 last year; excellent charger with temp sensor.

Thanks, I will.

27/05/2016 16:23:48

Thanks again for all your responses.

I agree with your suggestions and have fully discharged the faulty battery and will put in my local battery bank. I'm going to continue using the charger but keep a very close eye on it. My newer 4S batteries really need an 80w charger so maybe it's time to upgrade.

Cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us