By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Cliff Bastow

Here is a list of all the postings Cliff Bastow has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Help please with Thunder Tiger GP42
02/08/2020 11:47:49

That's them thanks Kevin, order placed, many thanks.

Cliff

02/08/2020 10:27:47

Any details please Denis?

Thread: What was at your field today
02/08/2020 10:15:09

Brian,

We had a similar incident at our club a couple of years ago, lots disappeared including tools and grass cutting equipment. we installed dummy security cameras and guess what, last week they were pinched!

Thread: Help please with Thunder Tiger GP42
02/08/2020 09:56:38

Hi all,

A long shot I know but I don't suppose anyone has a a head gasket set for one of these available or knows where I could get one from?

Thanks in advance, Cliff.

Thread: OS 48fs problem
22/07/2020 21:06:49

Thanks for all the help guys, I will look into all these suggestions. I have found online that OS do a special prop nut locking system especially for this problem so I have ordered one to try.

21/07/2020 18:25:14

Hi Jim,

It is running an OS F plug,

What plug you use please?

21/07/2020 18:15:23

Hi, Ihave a problem with my OS 48 engine FS, it is constantly throwing the prop loose on start up. I have fitted an extra locknut on top of the prop retaining nut but to no effect.

One of my clubmates said that they had a bit of a reputation for this?

Any ideas welcome.

Cliff

Thread: Using Carbon Fibre on Models
19/07/2020 18:06:35

If you take a look at Ramy Rc on you tube he has started building whole air-frames in carbon fiber, and very nice they look too.

Thread: T N Avro York
18/07/2020 18:10:14

Having had another look at my homemade undercarriage I have decided that it is far to stiff. There is no flex in it at all and I am worried that landing shocks will be placed on the mounting structure. I will replace the legs with ones with coiled springs in them so they are on order. Maiden will have to wait a little longer now.

11/07/2020 09:43:08

I took her to the club yesterday but decided not to fly her as it was too windy! I did try some taxi tests which went ok but I did find the tail wheel was not very effective as she had her tail up pretty quickly.

She accelerates well so all looks good for the power set up.

Family duties for the next few days so wont be up the field for a while. You watch the weather be glorious now!

09/07/2020 21:43:39

The red cheat line has been applied using Model Technics lining tapes. A bit fiddley to get straight but I am pleased with the results.

img_0313.jpg

img_0315.jpg

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 09/07/2020 21:48:09

06/07/2020 10:51:28

Hi Ray,

I am in Cambridgeshire and I am a member of the Ramsay Model Aero Club.

We fly of a piece of land we rent at Warbouys which was an old Pathfinder base during the war. Mostly just farm land now.

Cheers Cliff

05/07/2020 19:12:16

Thanks Ray,

I was hoping to have test flown it by now but work and weather have had other ideas!

I normally test fly my electric models in the bare balsa in case any modifications or alterations prove necessary but as I have not been able to I have done some of the fuselage. Fingers crossed for the maiden!

04/07/2020 17:50:55

Painting and detailing of the fuselage is progressing well.

img_0311.jpg

img_0309.jpg

17/06/2020 20:57:43

Here she is after a taxi around my garden tonight. I have cut a hatch in the top and made and fitted a battery tray inside so that the cg is as shown on the plan.

She certainly does not seem lacking in power, giving a real pull at full throttle.

img_0286.jpg

img_0289.jpg

As can be seen I have made a start on covering the fuselage.

12/06/2020 21:55:19

And this evening she has moved under her own power! with a battery sat on top as I have yet to work out the battery position to make the CG correct so no hatch has been cut yet.

12/06/2020 21:52:39

A big day today in progress of the York, the power set arrived from 4 Max and very nice it is to.

I was unsure about hoe to get the cruciform mounts fitted located on the firewalls correctly, I should have known that Tony would have for-seen this issue. The holes in the firewalls is exactly the same as the ones in the mounts so it was simplicity itself to locate them with a drill bit.

img_0283.jpg

img_0284.jpg

04/06/2020 16:51:40

I have spent a couple of evenings getting all the fins and rudders fitted and blended in.

I have also fitted up the linkages for the working outer rudders. I have managed to get quite a straight drive with very short linkages. Quite pleased how it operates. Apologies again for the sideways pictures!

img_0280.jpg

img_0281.jpg

Thread: Unrecognisable ARTFs - new paint jobs!
24/05/2020 21:43:07

This is my Blackhorse HE111,

After its second crash and having smashed the plastic nose for a second time I decided not to fork out another 50 quid just for a bit of Perspex, so I carved a solid nose from foam and grafted it on. Repainted in a Mediterranean scheme with painted windows I think it looks ok .It still flies nicely.

img_0241.jpg

img_0242.jpg

Thread: The Lockdown Restrictions Have Been Relaxed. Who's Been Flying?
21/05/2020 17:32:43

Yesterday I woke up really early at 6 o'clock and the sun was shining so I thought I would risk it. Loaded a couple of electric models into car and off I went. I arrived at the field at 7 and was all on my own. It was really lovely with the sun shining , not a breath of wind and the birds singing. I had 5 great flights. First one was a bit rusty but soon came back. A couple of other People turned up at about 8.15 but we kept our distance . I was packed up and back home by 9.15.

It was really nice to get out at last and I don't think I took any unnecessary risks.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!