By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Kenney

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Kenney has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: WOT4 foam e V Riot or other?
01/07/2013 23:21:54

In response to Paul's post - Haven't flown a wotty, but I do fly a Riot, and in my experience is a good hack to build your experience on. Slightly bigger (and heavier) than a wotty, so copes well in windy conditions. On a 2250 lipo and 12x6 prop, I get a good climb rate and around 8 mins duration. I've had no problems at all in 18 months of flying it. I don't think there's much to choose between them.....

Thread: Hurrah! Spring's finally here, how much flying are you getting in?
30/04/2013 20:28:38

After taking rc flying up again last year, and thoroughly enjoying the challenge and now electric flying, I've managed to get a few flights under my belt this year after the very cold winter.

Last time I flew was February this year, which felt like ages ago now. Went down to the club site today - had a chat with other members - fascinating what you can learn from others when joining a club. A bit blustery (8mph forecast, but more like 15-20mph!). I thought, yeah, let's go for it! - Had 4 great flights with my Riot (good model to relearn on) and landings getting better - at least they're on the strip now (!)

Hoping to pass my A cert this year and practising my figure of 8s - a question - as I said it was blustery today and my 8s were a bit oval-shaped - how strict is the examiner on these circles - it's obviously more challenging to fly great circles when it's blowing a bit wink

Also had a few flights with my JP Skysurfer (electric glider) which is also a good starter and relearning model - a bit light for the conditions, but good practice in coping with the blustery wind.

Thread: Max Thrust Riot review
30/07/2012 16:47:43

Hi all - just started flying again after a 12-year layoff with an electric glider (JP Sky Surfer) - got on well with that, so bought a Riot a few months ago.

Thought I'd post my thoughts here (hope it's the right place!). Generally, very good quality kit - only issues were the elevators being fixed out of alignment (one side was hinged off-centre), so I cut out the hinge on the underside of the tailplane and inserted a replacement so all lined up. The spinner and 'engine cowl' had the paint flaking off in various places, but nothing serious - it's now got more than a bit flaking off after a few 'bouncy' landings!wink

Flies very well, with plenty of power (for me) on 2250 3S and standard prop (about 8-9 mins flight time - not all at full power). With increased throws and a better prop, it will suit me very well to further my experience.

I can understand some of the comments about the model and the name: Riot - if you are looking for a 3D-type machine and want a missile, then this is perhaps not the model for you - a more experienced pilot would be looking for more power.

As a returner to his wonderful hobby, and needing to build up my 'stick time' again, it's great! (good value, too)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us