By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Kenney

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Kenney has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: WOT4 foam e V Riot or other?
01/07/2013 23:21:54

In response to Paul's post - Haven't flown a wotty, but I do fly a Riot, and in my experience is a good hack to build your experience on. Slightly bigger (and heavier) than a wotty, so copes well in windy conditions. On a 2250 lipo and 12x6 prop, I get a good climb rate and around 8 mins duration. I've had no problems at all in 18 months of flying it. I don't think there's much to choose between them.....

Thread: Hurrah! Spring's finally here, how much flying are you getting in?
30/04/2013 20:28:38

After taking rc flying up again last year, and thoroughly enjoying the challenge and now electric flying, I've managed to get a few flights under my belt this year after the very cold winter.

Last time I flew was February this year, which felt like ages ago now. Went down to the club site today - had a chat with other members - fascinating what you can learn from others when joining a club. A bit blustery (8mph forecast, but more like 15-20mph!). I thought, yeah, let's go for it! - Had 4 great flights with my Riot (good model to relearn on) and landings getting better - at least they're on the strip now (!)

Hoping to pass my A cert this year and practising my figure of 8s - a question - as I said it was blustery today and my 8s were a bit oval-shaped - how strict is the examiner on these circles - it's obviously more challenging to fly great circles when it's blowing a bit wink

Also had a few flights with my JP Skysurfer (electric glider) which is also a good starter and relearning model - a bit light for the conditions, but good practice in coping with the blustery wind.

Thread: Max Thrust Riot review
30/07/2012 16:47:43

Hi all - just started flying again after a 12-year layoff with an electric glider (JP Sky Surfer) - got on well with that, so bought a Riot a few months ago.

Thought I'd post my thoughts here (hope it's the right place!). Generally, very good quality kit - only issues were the elevators being fixed out of alignment (one side was hinged off-centre), so I cut out the hinge on the underside of the tailplane and inserted a replacement so all lined up. The spinner and 'engine cowl' had the paint flaking off in various places, but nothing serious - it's now got more than a bit flaking off after a few 'bouncy' landings!wink

Flies very well, with plenty of power (for me) on 2250 3S and standard prop (about 8-9 mins flight time - not all at full power). With increased throws and a better prop, it will suit me very well to further my experience.

I can understand some of the comments about the model and the name: Riot - if you are looking for a 3D-type machine and want a missile, then this is perhaps not the model for you - a more experienced pilot would be looking for more power.

As a returner to his wonderful hobby, and needing to build up my 'stick time' again, it's great! (good value, too)

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!