By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark a

Here is a list of all the postings Mark a has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: wot4 or acro wot
13/10/2013 16:24:26

I have both the Wot 4 and the Acro and I prefer the Wot 4, it will do almost anything and is more forgiving than the Acro in my view. What ever you choose enjoy.

Mark.

Thread: Hanger 9 P47
18/09/2013 16:54:52

My only issue was the fin as well fitted square into fuselage ok but the extension along the top of the fuse was not straight.

Mark

Thread: Fraught start to the day courtesy of my Devo 12S transmitter
15/09/2013 15:51:31

I would say this is a lesson for us all always check your switches before turning on your transmitter and indeed flying.

Thread: St Austell and District Modelling Club
15/09/2013 15:42:37

I'm on holiday in Cornwall that week so i may drop in and have a look.

Thread: Which fuel are u using for Irvines or 2 stroke glow?
15/09/2013 12:17:23

I use Westons liquid gold 5% in all my engines both 2 and 4 stroke. OS #8 plugs in my 2 strokes and OS type F in my 4 strokes. Since changing to Westons fuel i have not changed a plug or had a dead stick in the last 9 months coincidence i hear you say might be, we will see how we go during the winter.

Mark.

08/09/2013 19:11:13
Posted by Justin K on 08/09/2013 17:54:11:

Yes that's the chap Mark, have you had the chance to fly it again yet ?

No not yet, stuck the decals on today and refitted the cowl after i re-enforced it with fibreglass. Will recheck the CofG and have a go next weekend if the weather plays ball.

Mark.

08/09/2013 11:43:23
Posted by Justin K on 07/09/2013 07:42:58:

Yes well done Mark, I've made a start on my Thunderbolt this week and bought a few bits for it including a lovely pilot from Petes Pilots.

My Hangar 9 Hellcat is a joy to fly so I'm looking forward to this one, Isn't the chequered cowl a great lookind thig.

Hope to hear about some more flights soon.

Hi Justin.

I to have a pilot from Petes Pilots its the 1/7 scale US WW2 head turned slightly and mask to one side, i wonder if you have the same one.

07/09/2013 20:47:28

A tip about the P47 cowl it cracks very easily so i've used some fibreglass to strengthen it.

Mark.

02/09/2013 13:15:16

Just in from giving the P47 its maiden. Went well despite it being very windy, the model is very floaty in the wind couldn't really trim it due to the conditions but got it back down in one piece.I will have another go when its not so windy.

Mark.

01/09/2013 18:51:23

Well i finally had a spare few hours today to finish off my P47. Everything is working as it should and has been double checked so its maiden time tomorrow. The weather forecast looks ok with a westerly wind around 10mph which suits our strip which is east west, i'll let you know how it goes.

Mark.

Edited By Mark a on 01/09/2013 18:52:08

Thread: Beginners and "flying aids"
29/08/2013 14:06:16
Posted by IanR on 29/08/2013 12:39:27:

Mark, why would you not be in full control of your model? Assuming, of course, that you had a properly working stabilisation unit that didn't glitch or "get between you and the model" I completely fail to see any problem. I agree entirely that it would be better to be able to fly, perfectly well, in any conditions without stabilisation. But say, for instance, I used stabilisation from the very start and never got to grips with not using it - I don't see that there would be a problem in my continuing to use it ad inf.

To be a "proper" pilot, in some peoples' eyes, will no doubt always require the ability to fly without any aids. However, I'd be prepared to stand on the flightline alongside a "proper" pilot and enjoy flying my computer enhanced model just as much as the other chap.

Personally, I'm getting on a bit and have now developed a "back" which has almost stopped me in my tracks. I'm a newbie and haven't flown in over a year. However, I'm still as keen as mustard - this forum is my internet Home Page and I keep having a go on the simulator (when will Phoenix give us a few more models) I expect to get out and about eventually but am becoming increasingly aware that I haven't got all the time in the world. Therefore, I keep a lookout for news in the forum that the latest stabilisation unit is the dog's doodas because I reckon I'm going to need all the help I can get whenever I do finally manage to get out and about again.

Hi Ian.

I do see your point of view don't get me wrong and if it helps people fly then fine but as i said these aids are not for me. If people have only flown with these devices and the device fails what will they do if they can't fly without them. Anyway hope the back is on the mend and you get flying soon.

29/08/2013 11:35:01

My view is this if your flying with these aids then your not really flying and in full control of your model. I think you need to almost feel how your model fly's to fly it well so these aids are a no no in my book.

Mark.

16/08/2013 22:26:16

Yes first couple of flights will be nice and steady.

16/08/2013 15:32:44
Posted by JC on 16/08/2013 09:28:47:

You will need some tail dragger experience first but in the air mine flies like a trainer. Take off and landing are not so easy. Not an ideal first tail dragger. A Black Horse Travel Air would make a nice model to continue learning on.

The H9 P47 is a lovely model to fly. It has real presence in the air.

I have loads of tail dragger experience wot 4, acro wot, sbach,edge 260 looking forward to flying my first 4 stroke its fitted with an SC 91fs which runs really well.

Thread: Too Windy To Fly
16/08/2013 13:05:24

It all depends on wind direction if its a cross wind then i'll fly with up to 10mph, if its down the strip then around 15mph or so thats what i'm comfortable with and no wind can have its own issues as well as we all know.

Thread: sc 46
16/08/2013 12:51:38

I run all my 2 stroke engines both SC and Irvine with OS no8 plugs and Westons liquid gold 5% fuel.

14/08/2013 14:11:26

Just putting the finishing touches to my p47 hope to maiden it bank holiday weekend wish me luck.

Thread: Airframe suggestions please
14/08/2013 14:03:53

I fly a Slipstream Sbach 73" span jc 28cc petrol engine and it fly's really well, loads of power and it can really tear up the sky if you want it to.

Thread: Seagull Pilatus Porter
10/08/2013 17:52:12

Just picked one of these up from the LMA show at Elvington going to fit a Irvine 46 up front and 11x6 prop again its a bit different looks good and from what i've read fly's well.

Thread: LMA Elvington 2013
10/08/2013 17:11:13

Just got home from Elvington and i must say what a good show it was hats off to the LMA again.Missed the Vulcan display but bought a Seagull models PC6 Porter from Inwood models, got a Irvine 46 to drop in it when i get round to building it.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!