By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark a

Here is a list of all the postings Mark a has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Two stroke oil
21/05/2013 15:20:41

I use fully synthetic oil in my JC 28 motor in my Sbach i buy it from machine mart and mix it 40:1 and the engine runs as sweat as a nut.

Thread: Seagull pc 9
21/05/2013 15:13:25

Finally got round to giving my PC9 its maiden on Sunday. Only needed a touch of trim and flew really well. Pulling it is a Irvine 53 with a 12x6 APC prop so have bags of power and it will go almost unlimited vertical. Stalls are predictable slowly drops a wing then snaps into the stall but is totally controllable and it looks good on the ground aswell as in the air.

Thread: Weston uk
20/05/2013 09:37:44

Hi all. Spent the whole day flying yesterday using Weston's uk liquid gold. Used it in both my Wot 4 (SC52) and my Seagull PC9 (Irvine 53) with no problems at all in fact i would say that both engines ran really well better than usual.

Thread: Loss of control
17/05/2013 20:43:03

Hi all. It was indeed a dodgy receiver a cheap copy of the real thing, the receiver came with the plane second hand so a lesson to be lerned there me thinks.

Thread: To camouflage or not to camouflage. That is the question
17/05/2013 17:19:25

The main reason U.S aircraft were not camouflaged was due to speed of production they saved many thousands of production hours by not painting most of their aircraft and built more of them in the time saved.

Thread: Seagull pc 9
13/05/2013 19:13:34

Just finished mine today had it taxing around the garden, will fly it the weekend weather permitting.

Thread: newbie
12/05/2013 12:08:48

Hi John. I fly at Nuneaton aeromodllers club not far from Nuneaton, the club has its own website with advice and membership contact details. As for local modelshops Kits and Bits in Coventry has a few trainer planes in at the moment or you could try the interweb.

Thread: Too Windy For A Beginner
12/05/2013 11:59:54

Follow Kens advice if you can Greg i attempted to fly alone on private land and ended up crashing first flight and destroying my Super Cub. I am not saying it can't be done but i would join your local club, i did and ended up going solo only after a dozen flights and haven't looked back since. As for the wind if in doubt don't fly always better to fly another day.

Thread: Long Marston Show
11/05/2013 17:11:57

Just got back from Long Marston. A good show with plenty of flying despite the windy wet weather bought a DX8 for a good price and a few bits and bobs. Loads of stuff for sale well worth a visit.

Thread: Too Windy To Fly
10/05/2013 21:05:20

When i was being taught to fly my instructor phoned me up one windy day and right see you at the field in a couple of hours. It was the first time i had flown in any strong wind i think it was 10mph gusting to 16mph down the strip. First flight on a buddy lead then on my own and my instructor said if you can fly in this you can fly in anything. Had a couple of brown trouser moments but it did focus the mind on the job in hand.

Thread: Ripmax WOT4 Mk2 ARTF chat
08/05/2013 09:04:33

I have a SC 52 in mine fitted as per instructions and it fly's very well indeed.

08/05/2013 09:00:57

Bring your water proofs, showers forecast for both days.

Thread: Slipstream sbach 30cc
04/05/2013 16:31:39
Posted by woody on 04/05/2013 13:53:36:

I have the goldwing sbach with a jc 30 evo and it flys really well plenty of power,

make sure you get the cg right because they are short you may need some weight up front!

Cheers woody.

Hi Woody as i didn't get a manual with the sbach i'll set it up with c of g at the wing tube and go from there. The plane i bought has only been flown a handful of times and not at all in the last year and the engine still needs running in a bit. I think i got a good buy at £280 all in.

04/05/2013 09:55:26

Nearest thing i've flown to it is a Hanger 9 Katana 50. It is my first petrol model and hope to test fly it soon.

03/05/2013 22:30:20

Hi all. Just bought one off of e-bay, included in the sale price was the engine petrol jc 28cc and all servos this is my first petrol model just wondering who else fly's one of these ?.

26/04/2013 15:52:27

Yep i'll be there, it will be my first show since i got into this hobby. I'll try not to spend to much at least that's what of told the wife !!!.yes

Thread: Weston uk
22/04/2013 18:51:28
Posted by Solly on 22/04/2013 13:37:58:

Mark,- take no notice of the doom-merchants. I've used Weston's fuel for years and all my engines are in A1 condition. And most of them run in tightly cowled scale aircraft.

Other club members use Westons fuel and they recommended them to me. I have been using Model Technics formula irvine 5% but at over £20 a gallon it is getting a bit pricey. I will let you know how it goes.

21/04/2013 16:21:50

Hi all. Bought some 5% liquid gold fuel from Weston uk last week a first class service and only £50 for four gallons.

Edited By Mark a on 21/04/2013 16:24:51

Thread: Enthusiastic newbie
17/04/2013 21:00:03

Hi Paul.

Welcome to the hobby. I joined my local club and trained on my WOT 4 artf on a buddy lead with an instructor for about 10 flights. The WOT 4 can be set up to be a fairly docile trainer and as you gain confidence to can turn the control throws up a bit and go a bit wild. The WOT 4 is i think one of the best all round models you can buy its tough easy to build and repair and its a whole lot of fun in aerobatic mode.

Thread: Should I go i.c. ?
11/04/2013 09:41:01

Out of the 10 models i own 8 are ic, ic is great fun and most modern engines require very little tuning once they are run in. My leccy models are great you can just put them in the car, a couple of lipo's in your pocket and go fly without dragging out your starting gear and flight box.

Mark.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us