By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark a

Here is a list of all the postings Mark a has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fuel syphoning into carb
02/11/2014 17:57:11

You could try a longer fuel feed pipe and loop it above carb level it may help.

Mark.

Thread: Building Tony's Beaufighter
19/10/2014 18:31:11

Should one of your main gears not fully retract the motor may well drain the flight battery in no time. If its got its own power supply you won't loose the model. Just a thought.

Thread: Apache treat
17/10/2014 14:22:33

Nice vid just let down by in my opinion by the over used OMG saying, if it was filmed in the states I could understand it as that's all they seem to say.

Thread: TSR2 in Depron
12/10/2014 18:23:02

What will you be using for the main gear the real ones look complicated especially the retract sequence. A friend of mine was going to be one of the technical authors on TSR 2 for the RAF shame it was cancelled I reckon we would of only recently stopped using it had it made it into service.

Mark.

Edited By Mark a on 12/10/2014 18:23:43

Thread: SC52 nitro won't slow down
12/10/2014 18:13:21

Well done Craig your getting there its all a learning curve.

Mark.

11/10/2014 14:22:14

If you can put everything back to factory settings and try again. If I recall I didn't adjust the lsn on my 52 only the hsn when tuning. After about 18 months of running I have never needed to re-adjust mine just run it slightly rich and it should be fine. If your still having problems after resetting the needles there must be an air leak some where, check all bolts are tight even the bolts that hold the carb in place as these will leak if loose. Check the o ring round the main needle for cracks, splits or distortion.

Mark.

28/09/2014 19:33:33

Loose main needle valves are a problem on SC engines try rocking it if it moves it will leak. I have an SC 52 in my Wot 4 and its run for well over 20hrs without any problems so just try tuning the engine once you have it air tight.

Mark.

Thread: What did you learn with?
21/09/2014 13:15:03

I bought a ARTF Wot 4 before I had flown joined my local club my instructor set the model up turned down all the throws and after a dozen flights I went solo. 2 years on I still have the Wot 4 and I've set it up for maximum performance and its a hoot to fly.

Mark.

Thread: Hawk attack
19/09/2014 20:45:15

Had a buzzard have a go at my wot 4 foam e last week quite funny no damage done.

Mark.

Thread: Wot 4 xl so it's a OS 91 surpass or DLE 20 petrol......Thoughts and advice needed
13/09/2014 16:31:57

I have a ASP120fs in mine and its brill a 91 would be ok but you may get bored with its lack of performance plus you can't beat the sound of a four stroke.

Mark.

Thread: Learning to fly in Cornwall, please help!
06/09/2014 17:00:38
Posted by Simon Hall 2 on 06/09/2014 16:22:58:
Thanks Mark, that looks like a great site. Just the standing water and runway looks like it might be a problem for me at first until I get my bearings. I will take a ride up there soon and check it out. I was looking on Bodmin Moor recently and found nothing, but this looks very promising for the future.

There were some guys flying in one area and another couple flying some distance away so I would only fly on 2.4 so as not to interfere with other modellers. There is loads of room away from the reservoirs and trees to fly safely and the place has real atmosphere you can almost hear the old aero engines from the war.

Mark.

06/09/2014 16:09:26

I've just got back from a cracking holiday in Cornwall weather for a change was perfect. I was staying just outside Camelford and on Thursday last week I had a look around ex RAF Davidstow which is a derelict WW2 airfield. The airfield is on the Moor and is open to public as it has common land status from what I was told by a local and from what I saw use it for all manor of things including r/c flying it is a huge site of at least 500 acres. If I go there again I will take along one of my leccy models to fly as you can go off and fly without disturbing anybody except a few sheep. The airfield itself is well worth a look as its runways are intact as are some of its original buildings including the tower.

Mark.

Thread: New Spektrum DX6 Owners' Thread
29/08/2014 18:43:36

Well that's progress for you, make things more difficult so you have to spend more money on a charger and have to remove the battery to charge it.

29/08/2014 17:32:33
Posted by Alan Randall on 29/08/2014 17:26:17:

My neighbour who is new to modelling has just bought a DX6 along with the Spektrum Lipo, but no charger came with the Lipo or information on charging. Information on the net seems very sparse, as is the DX6 handbook that appears to only cover installing the Lipo. Has anyone come up with any answers to this. The new battery includes a charging jack but we do not know if it requires a Lipo Charger or an ordinary generic charger as per DX8 and 7s.

If the tranny has a charging jack use that with the lipo installed in the tranny, my DX8 is the same.

Thread: Your best vacuum cleaner?
28/08/2014 16:57:06

We have tried various vacuums but the best so far by a mile is the good old Henry.

Thread: Wot 4 xl maiden
28/08/2014 16:21:15

Hi all

Took my new Wot 4 xl for its maiden today. Got to the field about 10 and set up and checked over the model one last time. First flight was easy with only a couple of clicks of trim needed for level flight, flew for 10 minutes checked the stall etc and all good after all its a Wot 4. On the second flight I opened up the ASP 120fs and the Wotty would go vertical from take off and would keep going until I decided otherwise all in all a good day did another four flights and brought it home in one piece.

Mark.

Thread: JET FLAME OUT
26/08/2014 15:48:01

Nice flying.

Thread: Brand new sc52 2 stroke sticking at TDC
26/08/2014 15:41:13
Posted by Craig thomas 1 on 26/08/2014 15:00:02:

Thanks guys, one last question.

What glow plug do you recommend? I'm planning on using os 8s.

Are they ok to use with this engine?

I use OS no8s in all my two stroke engines had no problems its a good medium heat plug.

Mark.

Thread: A little help needed
25/08/2014 15:32:55

Thanks for the help guys will fit it tomorrow.

Mark.

25/08/2014 13:00:54

Hi Stevo

I'm using the mounts supplied with the kit. The engine will be mounted 90 degrees from vertical, the firewall is marked up with 2 lines one vertical one horizontal where they meet I presume is centre. Do I mount the engine mount central to these lines ?

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!