By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark a

Here is a list of all the postings Mark a has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A little help needed
25/08/2014 12:33:40

Hi all

I'm in the process of finishing off the build of my Ripmax Wot 4 xl. I'm fitting an ASP 1.20fs but the firewall is not predrilled for the engine mounts. I have e-mailed Ripmax for a template but so far not received anything. Any help or advice you can give on drilling the firewall so I can crack on and finish the model would be greatly appreciated.

Mark.

Edited By Mark a on 25/08/2014 12:35:20

Thread: Brand new sc52 2 stroke sticking at TDC
24/08/2014 16:37:31

The cylinder liners are tapered so they are always tight at TDC. I have the same engine in my Wot 4 must have run for 20hrs so far with no problems.

Thread: Have a Rant
24/08/2014 11:41:08

People at work who are always off sick on a regular basis who are taking the p.

Bad drivers

Rubbish tv

the list goes on and on must be the world we now live in.

Thread: Wot 4 XL Mk 2 - Build
23/08/2014 17:30:51

Hi all

Have been building my Wot 4 xl today and have found that the firewall has not been drilled, do any of you have a template I could use I have e-mailed Ripmax and asked them for one but I'm not hopeful due their lack of customer service.

Mark.

Thread: National Model Flying Centre
10/08/2014 18:28:20

I think your spot on there BEB, at my club there's not many young flyer's most of us are middle aged or over and nearly all new members are of that age group.

Mark.

Thread: Avro Vulcan B2
08/08/2014 11:00:12
Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 06/08/2014 18:35:05:

It's nice you can see a difference 'Mark a' - and educated me on those, but I set out on my Vulcan journey the main part just really to work hard on getting the wing shape and body engineered from epp foam so it looked reasonable. I will need a awful lot of educating to build in those differences to a particle model. But do tell I'm all ears.

For the engine / jet pipe, when I do the next one instead of 30 mm round foam I will use 25 mm I think it would suit the scale better.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 06/08/2014 18:36:15

Hi Mark.

Spent 15 years working on the real ones and the only main differences are the exhaust jet pipe covers 201 series Vulcans such as 558 have small pointy end caps and the 301 powered aircraft like XM655 have shorter larger end caps fitted to the jet pipes and 4000lbs of extra thrust. Your models look great keep up the good work.

Mark.

06/08/2014 18:22:13

With the size of your jet pipes it can only be a 301 powered Vulcan and with the wrap round camouflage it could be XM657 the last Vulcan built. To many models of 558 (Yawn) around.

05/08/2014 19:20:37

Nearly half of the Vulcan B2 fleet were built to carry Skybolt, they had hard points built into the wings to carry the Skybolt pylon and extra conduit in the wings for the wiring (which were used during the Falklands war). All were fitted with the more powerful Olympus 301 series engines and would have been a potent weapon had Skybolt gone ahead. Funny thing is on the day Skybolt was cancelled it did manage a successful launch and worked perfectly.

Mark.

Thread: Catastrophic Crash
27/07/2014 18:45:54

I don't spend £30 on a battery I get 3 for £30, I have 12 planes all have rx packs so just keep an on them and change them as required.

Mark.

27/07/2014 13:23:28

For the sake of 20 or 30 quid I tend to change my RX packs on regular basis. I bin mine once they start to show a bit of fatigue and is money well spent for continued safe flying.

Mark.

Thread: LMA Cosford
20/07/2014 17:36:50

Just got back from another good show put on by the LMA well done all involved. Didn't buy much for a change just sat and watched some great flying.

Mark.

19/07/2014 13:31:40
Posted by Brett Jones on 19/07/2014 13:14:17:

Really gutted about the weather today, I imagine it was a washout, was really looking forward to going today. I just can not believe the weather we had yesterday compared to today. I know its on tomorrow to but its the grass is properly a mud path.

If anybody is there or has been today can he post of how the grass is, did anybody fly?

I have it from good authority that there is no parking allowed on the grass this year, parking will be on the airfields taxiways so there may be a bit of a walk to get to the show itself. I'm going tomorrow as the weather looks ok at the moment.

Mark.

Thread: Help to set up throws on Wot4 FOAMIE
19/07/2014 12:57:40

I flew mine straight out of the box with all my throws set at 100% and expo at 25%, this model is one of the best out there in my view it will do just about anything you want it to. If your new to the hobby turn your throws down on your tx and the wotty will fly around as gently as you want so you can get the feel for it. Not had any issues with the landing gear yet.

Mark.

Edited By Mark a on 19/07/2014 12:58:56

Thread: LMA Cosford
16/07/2014 14:45:05

Any of you fine people going this weekend. Weather looks a bit iffy Saturday at the moment but Sunday looks ok according to the forecast.

Mark.

Thread: Best trainer plane for total beginner?
08/07/2014 19:48:05

Hi Dan

I'm a big Wot 4 fan I learnt to fly with one at a club on a buddy lead with an instructor. Joining a club is in my view the best way to learn to fly you will have all the advice and help you will ever need which can only be a good thing. The Wot 4 foam e is a great model it will do anything you ask of it and you could train on it with help and once you go solo and have a few hours under your belt turn the throws up and you can have a blast.

Mark.

07/07/2014 19:28:21
Posted by Daniel Katz on 07/07/2014 19:06:06:

Hi there - no I don't have a TX - I have seen the Supercub for £125 with TX and all ready to fly. I think, therefore that my budget would be around £125. thanks for responding.

Can I get the seagull RTF?

The super cub will get you in the air but if your a quick learner you will soon be bored with it and wishing you had spent a bit more on something more capable with ailerons and a bit more grunt.

Mark.

Thread: workbench
27/06/2014 18:24:33

I made one of mine up out of an old internal door (plain flat type) and knocked up a frame and legs out of some 3'x3' timber. Fits in the shed a treat and is very sturdy for building on. My other bench is solid wood and is fitted with a vice, grinding wheel etc.

Mark.

Thread: Westonuk Fuel ?
01/06/2014 09:50:58

Been using liquid gold now for a year in all my engines with no trouble at all.

Thread: Long Marston anyone
27/05/2014 09:37:13

Any of you fine people going to Long Marston this weekend ?.

Mark.

Thread: Hats Off To Kings Lynn Models For Honesty
21/05/2014 09:08:23
I was there yesterday bought a AJ Slick 42 all staff very helpful and only to happy to take the time to advise.
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!