By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Beckett

Here is a list of all the postings David Beckett has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Urgent and important petition - Please sign
28/08/2015 00:53:43

Signed

Thread: Hobbyking on eBay
10/11/2014 10:54:48

Colin, definitely a UK warehouse.

Thread: PDF file for club newsletter
06/07/2014 14:06:05

Hi Spice Cat, my work laptop has primo PDF on it. Very easy to use as it installs like a printer so just print, select primo PDF as your printer and a box pops up with a few options and where to save.

www.primopdf.com

Edited By David Beckett on 06/07/2014 14:07:54

Thread: Flitetest FT Cruiser build
23/06/2014 21:25:19

Has anyone used the foam board from the London Graphic Centre, 5 sheets of A1 5mm economy foam board for £24.95 plus £4.99 delivery. I am interested in building the FT flyer from the Flite Test plans.

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
22/12/2013 22:02:46

Count me in! Thanks

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
30/11/2013 22:53:37
Posted by Rob Jones 2 on 16/11/2013 10:13:00:
Posted by Andrew Russell 2 on 30/08/2013 18:32:50:

Built last night and the most fun I've had flying in a while! Only cost £4 in materials as well ttt.jpg

What is this and can you post plans or diagram Andrew?

Looks like the Flite Test swappable FT Flyer Rob. You can download the plans from their site. **LINK**

Thread: Free stuff weekend
04/10/2013 20:28:26

Ooooooh balsa, count me in please.

Thread: Charger question
09/08/2013 23:13:56

Hi BEB, thanks for your reply. Both really, the charger has a Lipo setting but no option for balance charging or connection for the balance plug.

09/08/2013 17:51:10

Hi all, I have an Ansmann charger that's a few years old now that I use to charge my rc car NiMh batteries, spec here. It is capable of LiPo charging but has no balance function. Can anyone recommend a separate gadget that will work with the charger to balance during charging. Thanks.

Thread: First "real" plane - Bixler 2 - advice please
10/05/2013 20:46:02

I started out on a similar route, my first plane was a silverlit 'toy' 2 channel jobbie that got me hooked. I then invested in an Axion Alpha 3x RTF (very similar to the Bixler) and realised after a few repairs that maybe I needed something slower and floatier to begin with. I am now flying a Mountain Models Dusk Stick from electric-planes.co.uk. Not everyones cup of tea as it requires building and covering. Built with the poly dihedral wing it is a great slow flyer but like the Hobbyzone really needs a dead calm day.

As far as Tx goes, if you are considering joining a local club and getting help, a buddy connection will be easier with the same model/manufacturer.

I have a Spektrum DX7i that I bought second hand off eBay and can highly recommend it.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us