By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martin Fraser

Here is a list of all the postings Martin Fraser has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27/02/2020 09:24:21

We don't have wind and rain in Flintshire! OK ok, I took this the last time I got out but missed the squadron of pigs that flew over on 6th Febsmiley Martys6470001.jpg

Thread: Frustrated by the weather then try this....
06/01/2020 14:30:03

Control line, therefore exempt!

Happy landings in 2020,

Marty

Thread: A new caption competition - winner declared!
28/11/2019 10:55:38

If you fail me, I'm going jump on your bobble hat!

Thread: Fairey Gannet
25/10/2019 14:48:02

Nigel - I like the sound of your contra-rotating power plant, any details published? thumbs up

Cheers, Marty

25/10/2019 14:39:57

Posted by fly-navy on 24/10/2019 22:58:13:

On the Aeromodellers forum martin there is a guy RalphR who is building a big AEW3 and would you believe he has stalled a Firefly build to do the Gannet.sadsad

John

Hi John,

I've just been reading Ralph's build blog from start to where he's up to now and feeling a bit daunted! However, I've sent off for the 81" plan and will mull it over during these dark nights.

Many thanks, Marty

Edited By Martin Fraser on 25/10/2019 14:42:17

24/10/2019 19:40:02
Posted by Plummet on 24/10/2019 18:06:38:

Is it useful to know that they have one on display at the Air Museum at Elvington near York?

Plummet

Yes, thanks. If I'm up that way next year I'll pop by with the camera.

Cheers, Marty

24/10/2019 19:35:56
Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 24/10/2019 16:45:52:

This one is 81" span, but I assume that's close enough for you:

Doolittle plans Gannet

Ooh, nice one Alan. I've been googling and come up against a lot of dead links and a YouTube of one that didn't end well.

Many thanks for that link, Marty

P.S. Not going to quibble over an inch.

24/10/2019 16:42:43

Hi folks,

I'm looking way ahead to my next scale build and being ex Navy I do fancy a Fairey Gannet, the 82" version. Has anyone built one and do they know where I can get the plans from?

Cheers, Marty

Thread: Motion RC
08/10/2019 19:11:08

Yeah, top outfit Motion RC.

I had a servo go jittery after about 30 flights on my Sea Fury recently. Emailed Peter and had a replacement within days.

Cheers, Marty

Thread: Found in a field!
03/10/2019 19:31:40

Oho! Looks like a RN Merlin HC 4 with intermediate gear box trouble.

Thread: Hospitalised, my own fault - but ?
07/08/2019 21:29:19

Struth Colin!

I've known people have a peck from pusher models when hand launching but that's shocking and a wake-up call to us all. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Regards, Marty

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
04/07/2019 21:53:59

Hi all,

I don't normally buy foamies but another club member turned up with one of these a few weeks ago and I was very impressed with how it flew, so I had to have one. Slow roll to take-off and you need short grass to land to avoid nose overs.

Sea Fury.jpg

Thread: CAA registration consulation
28/04/2019 11:49:50

Talking of competency tests - how would you rate Westminster's performance these last 3 years? Perhaps we'll have a chance soon to give them their grades.

Marty

26/04/2019 21:36:58

Hi all,

I don't often 'go off on one' but what will this scheme achieve? Has anyone ever been killed by a DRONE?

About 70 people were killed in London last year with knives - are all knife uses registered?

Anyway, this is my online submission -

Why not follow the French and make it free as the BMFA have offered their database of all responsible and insured model pilots in the UK.

I can see how this whole madcap scheme has come about (Gatwick fiasco) and it reminds me of the dangerous dogs act 1991, brought about by a few tragic cases of children mauled to death by their family 'pet,' fuelled on by headlines in the tabloid press and knee-jerk reactions from politicians in the 'silly season'.

The same people who allow a Pitbull terrier to baby sit will not take any notice of this legislation and will do whatever they like, point lasers at aircraft, fly their drones into ATZs, carry knives and drive uninsured/unlicensed cars and kill people for fun.

Meanwhile responsible, proficient and registered BMFA members will be the first to get an armed response unit to kick their front door down at dawn when another moron transgresses the ANO in their local.

The world is going madder!

Thread: Zenoah 38 conundrum
16/04/2019 09:42:54

This is probably a long shot Martin but these symptoms remind me of the same problem I had with a brush cutter a while ago. I went through the carb rebuild and a swap routine but it would only fire and run on a prime through the plug hole.

Suspecting piston/cylinder problems I removed the silencer to find the exhaust port badly restricted with a carbon buildup. I'm wondering if your silencer has become partially restricted after the dead stick landing with crud or a loose baffle. I'm working on the principle that carburation begins at the air intake and ends at the end of the exhaust pipe and any restriction in the gas flow may not operate the carb diaphragm sufficiently.

Good luck, Marty

Thread: Blade Nano S2 Micro
02/04/2019 18:49:50

Hi CK,

Bit of a section here at RC groups -

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3233091-Blade-Nano-S2

Cheers, Marty

Thread: Expensive to crash in Africa
23/01/2019 15:26:36
Posted by Chris Freeman 3 on 23/01/2019 11:11:10:

I found this video on wattsup and thought it might be a good way of explaining why it is expensive to crash in Africa. The cost of hobby related are high due to long travel distances, small market, import taxes and poor rate of exchange. These are the same factors as the UK but we have additional challenges at some of the clubs when you are on the wrong side of the fence!

The colourful language can be forgiven due to the nature of the loss

**LINK**

I wouldn't take that Lion down!

Thread: AR6600T telemetry data?
26/11/2018 14:58:16

s5150002.jpgHi folks,

Had the Yak out yesterday having relocated the main RX and satellite further aft. The number of fades is well down now and the losses on B look OK. Losses on A were improved to 770 after this photo was taken by taping the long antenna at 90 * to the satellite's.

Room for improvement but getting better.

Cheers, Martys5150001.jpg

12/11/2018 16:26:37
Posted by Steve J on 12/11/2018 10:28:48:

What is powering the receiver? If is the BEC circuit in an ESC, then I would suggest fitting a UBEC.

Steve

Hi all,

Steve - yeah it's a BEC off the ESC. For now I think I'll reposition and adjust the orientation of the main and satellite RX, further away from the wing joiner and the lipo flight pack and see if that helps.

Many thanks for the input folks - I'll report back after the next outing.

Cheers, Marty

12/11/2018 09:54:11

DX8 telemetry.jpgAR6600T.jpgHi folks,

I've been using this AR6600T in my Yak this season and am trying to get these telemetry numbers down by repositioning the RX and their antennas. I've not had any holds yet but I'm struggling to improve on these figures. I would have thought that the airframe is pretty transparent but it does have a carbon wing joiner. Should I be worried by what I see on my TX?

Edited By Martin Fraser on 12/11/2018 09:55:13

Edited By Martin Fraser on 12/11/2018 09:56:43

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!