By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Neil67

Here is a list of all the postings Neil67 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What Traders are still offering Mail Order? Services?
30/03/2020 15:48:25

Leeds Model Shop still taking online orders. Placed an order last week arrived next day. Excellent service.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
20/03/2020 13:38:56

We are not fretting just using common sense to remain safe. Do you sterilise your mail before you open it, how many hands have touched it. Probably more dangerous than standing in the middle of a field. The wind comment was meant to be tongue in

cheek

20/03/2020 11:31:43

I have a large box of hospital style blue gloves from Screwfix which I use when using cyno (wonder why) so very useful at the moment for gates padlocks et al.

Our club has cancelled club days and access to clubhouse (big steel box with windows) but advise that members can fly at their own risk. Four of us yesterday morning, light wind, big sun, perfect.

Coffee chat, two metres apart with our backs to the wind. Down wind cows in next field didn't look too happy.

Thread: Replacement Charger?
12/03/2020 20:06:53

I have an Overlander RC 6 Touch charger which has started to reboot every few seconds, making it impossible to charge anything.

Happens with all batteries.

Contacted Overlander but advice was "we won't be able to fix it as it is an old model".

Recommendations for a new charger - do I trust Overlander again?

I have an I max B6 bought from Hobbyking a couple of years back so supposedly not a clone, which works well.

Hobbyking currently showing same charger but now marked as "copy". Are "copies" or ebay Clones safe given the whole risk around charging Lipos?

Any advice welcomed.

Thread: Poorly OS40 repair
17/02/2020 15:52:55

Video would be great!!

Thread: DX6 Battery Drain
16/02/2020 16:11:47

Thanks to all for the advice.

15/02/2020 22:10:31

I think this may have been raised before but I can't find the thread.

Not long after buying my DX6, maybe three years ago now I replaced the dry AA cells with the Spektrum rechargeable pack. When not in use the battery has always lost charge over a relatively short period, say a week if DX6 left unused. It's not a major problem but just puzzled as to why this happens. A fellow club member with a DX8 with same battery claims it retains it's charge over a month or so with very little loss. Is my battery/DX6 faulty, battery tired or is this the norm.

Thread: Max Thrust Riot - Upgrades
05/01/2020 20:03:38

Slightly off topic, but several people have discussed taking the steel weight out of the riot and state that this moves the c of g backwards, ok, however....

With a 3s battery my riot balances almost neutral, marginally nose down, with the 3s fully forward based on the balance point given in the instructions. Am I correct in assuming that a 4s is required, again fully forward to compensate for the removal of the weight, or am I completly missing the point.

I inadvertently flew it one day with the 3s fully back, senior moment, rushing, and it was very tail heavy and almost impossible to fly without loads of extra down trim. With a 4s, Century did advise taking out the weight and fitting a different prop but will the extra weight of 4s compensate, from the thread it appears it does?

My V1 flys well reasonably well although as others have said not exactly riot status. Fine for a lazy summers day with no surprises. A club mate has the Rukus which appears very similar, Riot with low wing but has a lot of fun with it compared to his Riot.

Thread: C.A.A Reg number ,inside or outside ????
29/12/2019 16:39:14

The only reason I have aapplied for an exemption is that our national body, the SAA,has said that our insurance is invalid if we don't have an operator ID.

Thread: Hubsan X4 type connectors
24/12/2019 16:56:25

Two last items at bottom of page

24/12/2019 16:54:12

Component Shop - Micro Molex connectors. They just made me a charging harness with these connectors.

**LINK**

Thread: Max Thrust Riot - Upgrades
03/12/2019 19:29:12

Ditto Shaun's experience. Yes the battery box is an issue but with the right throws it can be fun to fly. Another menber of my club flies with a 4s - didn't change anything including century's advice to take out nose weight, no issues. I have gone down same road and if anything the c of g with the battery forward works better than the 3s. Yes I know there are not all the same - I use an overlander. Quite sensitive to c of g, mistakenly put the battery, 3s, back instead of forward one day and had an interesting tail heavy flight!

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019.
02/11/2019 14:51:28

They were playing for their country in front of the world. Not the time for childish behaviour. They let us all down by being petulant. They were beaten fair and square, so no excuse.

02/11/2019 14:22:16

Very disappointed with our team after the all blacks match. Given rugby players are high on respect, and despite their disappointment, I thought it was unnecessarily disrespectful to the game and the competition to take off their medals, with one player even refusing Bill Beaumont effort to place the medal around his neck. We are better than this.

Thread: IC or Electric for Ripmax DeHavilland Tiger Moth
11/09/2019 15:29:53

Thanks again to everybody for your very useful feedback - much appreciated.

10/09/2019 12:24:10

Trevor and Denis, I agree photo looks as if there is a difference, had to go and check myself! But Denis is correct they are equal. A SC 30 FS sounds good.

09/09/2019 18:59:58

Thanks for the feedback. The wingspan is 50 inches but the model is quite light with a covering that appears a bit plastic. Similarly to Solly's comment "its another Dyson" can be heard at our club. Other makes are available.

09/09/2019 18:55:31

Thanks for the feedback. The wingspan is 50 inches but the model is quite light with a covering that appears a bit plastic.

09/09/2019 14:13:02

I was given a Ripmax DeHavilland Tiger Moth for free from a club member who trying to reduce models he will never fly.

Recommendations on power options would be appreciated. The model seems to be designed for a small IC with a wooden structure protruding from the firewall. Electric looks trickier as need to set up sort of mount in a very small space due to propellor apperture being right at the top of the cowl. Any advice and specs welcomed.

tiger moth 1.jpg

tiger moth 2.jpg

I think I read it suffers from adverse yaw but thought I might fit a rudder gyro.

Thread: Best Dremel Clone
06/08/2019 17:03:44

Thanks for the feedback, I think I will go for a corded Dremel, clones seem a bit of a hit and miss.

Cheers Neil

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us