By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gordon Whitehead 1

Here is a list of all the postings Gordon Whitehead 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Biplane Thread
07/08/2013 14:36:38
Posted by mal brewer on 06/08/2013 15:03:25:

Hello Gordon,

I don't know if you remember,but many years ago,when you wrote a scale column in,I think, Radio Modeller,I sent you a picture of my Krier Kraft,built to 1/4 scale,based on the Don Stothers plan.You sent me a very interesting letter by return,explaining your model and its data.All this was pre-computer days,to give some idea,probably early '80's?Any way,there are a couple of pictures of this model on an earlier date in this thread(page 5).I have almost completed another Krier Kraft to 1/4 scale,based on your plan,so hopefully it will be a little more to scale than the earlier model.Incidentally,ther are also a couple of pictures of this model somewhere on this thread(page 8).It is now covered,and awaiting paint.Hopefully,it will be ready soon,as I am now working on this model once again,after a bit of distraction with other models and classic cars.....................regards,Mal.

Edited By mal brewer on 06/08/2013 15:09:01

Hello Mal.

It's great to hear from you again. I read all the posts on this thread before posting my pics, and I did read your post about your lovely new Krier back there. Also, now you mention it I do remember you sending me a pic and description of your earlier model for the column, thanks. I looked back and found your details in the July 1991 column. I chuckled when I read that you were then in the Cheshire Falcons club, as we’re trying to sell our house to move to Cheshire to be close to our daughter who lives there. We’re looking in Sandbach, so we may bump into each other eventually if you still live in the Wirral area. Glad to see that you’re still a Krier Kraft fan. I bent mine badly when I tried to fly it with the ailerons reversed because the pre-computer Tx was set up for a different model. Thank goodness for Spektrum’s “Model Match” these days!

Best regards

Gordon

06/08/2013 14:29:02

And here are a couple of oldies which I made years ago.  I'm still a great fan of Harold Krier's planes smile d and there used to be a decent amount of info on the web about him, but it's all gone.

kk2.jpg

The 55in span Krier Kraft N5400E had a ST .90 for power. It only weighed about 7lb so was well over-powered, and was the first plane I had that would do a knife-edge loop.

The 47in span Krier Great Lakes had an Enya .46 4-stroke for power and was also a lovely little flier.

Both are now long gone, and I'm thinking of making one or both again, at 55in or so span, for 6S electric power.

Edited By Gordon Whitehead 1 on 06/08/2013 14:31:50

06/08/2013 14:24:22

Some pics of my most recent bipe. It's my second Jungmeister, and this one is about 2 years old. It's built to a scale of 27.5%, making it 71.5in span and construction is all wood, including the balsa cowl. It weighs in at around 17lb, and power is a Saito 36FG petrol turning an 18x8 APC-W. It flies and aerobats very realistically.jungie 1.jpg

It looks and sounds great in the air.

jungie 2.jpg

The Saito is quite well hidden inside the cowl.

jungie 3.jpg

The wire bracing is functional and the wings detach as pairs. The u/c is sprung in scale fashion. Covering is polyester Solarfilm trimmed with Solartrim, and the cowl is painted with white and yellow Solarlac, the red stripes being Solartrim again.

Thread: Can not access Subscriber Only content
06/08/2013 13:37:38

Thanks David.

I'm just awaiting my avatar pic to show up now wink

Gordon

06/08/2013 11:08:34

Hi Pete

I must have made a typo (one of my many frequent ones I'm afraid) and failed to check the message properly as the 10-digit number in my post above is the one in my details. The archive is working properly now despite supposedly being down for hardware update!

I'm new to this forum and am having some difficulty navigating round it at present (but I'll get better at it), so I apologise for not seeing your reply mentioned above.

All seems to be working at present, however, and I can now catch up with finishing reading the last two issues!

Thanks to all who have fixed the problem and i hope the hardware maintenance goes smoothly smiley

BTW, when I signed up for the £19.99 offer I think I remember seeing that the price would rise the following year. Quite honestly I'd rather have the software version as modern paper mags are huge and have to be thrown away within a year to free up space. I've just given away about 30 years of scale mags which were rarely being researched, and were simply cluttering up bookcases. So I've given away much valuable info. However, with access to a free software archive, back number info will always be available.

i note that ADH digital back numbers are charged for, so a big thumbs up for RCME!

Gordon

06/08/2013 08:12:31

Funny. I just clicked on the "Magazines" button at the top of the page Martin linked to and it worked. There's this message:

" Service Update: We apologise, but the Digital Issues system will be unavailable for several hours during 8/9th August due to essential hardware maintenance work.

Please choose a title: "

It looks as if some progress is about to be made!

Gordon

05/08/2013 22:31:59

Well the whole thing looks as if its not being managed very well. Click on the Digital Editions pic at top right of this page. There's an immediate self-contradiction on the top left of the resulting page.

Under the "Subscribers Extra" heading, it says that if you'r a digital or print +digital subscriber, then you have exclusive access to the online archive of back-issues.

Below that, under the "Online Archive" heading, it says that the online archive of RCME is available exclusively to print and print+digital subscribers.

Both can't be correct.

Gordon

05/08/2013 22:11:04

I'm a digital subscriber, my subscriber number is a 10-digit one, and my subscription doesn't expire until 30/11/2013. I haven't been able to access the RCME digital archive content for two months and raised the problem in another thread earlier this evening.

It seems to me that the confusion has been caused by the initiation of the Pocketmags option. Who provides the digital issues now? RCME or Pocketmags? I tried using my RCME subs details on the pocketmags website and got nowhere - as I expected. I received an email asking me for my original invoice. What invoice?

I'm relieved to find that others are having the same problem as me. If enough complain, maybe something will get done about it.

Gordon

Thread: How do digital subscribers access the RCME digital archive?
05/08/2013 19:44:54

Further to my previous email, I've just read the last email from Mytimemedia which announced digital apps. I hadn't paid much attention to it as I don't have an iphone and don't want to read mags on my mobile anyway. However, buried in there was a reference to downloading digital editions from Pocketmags onto a PC.

Hooray, I thought. So I registered with Pocketmags, entered my subscription number, clicked the Activate Subscription button ..... and received a bright red message telling me that my subscription is not active.

I've been trying for a couple of hours to sort this out and am giving up as I want to do something productive instead.

So now it's over to you guys to sort this out for me, please.

I look forward to someone telling me that my subscription, which expires in November, is not only active, but provides info on how to access the archive.

Kind regards

Gordon

05/08/2013 19:22:33

Hi Pete

When I click on the Magazines button, the system tells me that the content is for subscribers only and has no record of my subscriber number. My subscriber number is detailed in my personal details, so there is a disconnect along the line somewhere. This problem arose a couple of months ago. I can access the latest edition from the email which announces it, but cannot access that same edition on a later occasion via the archive.

Kind regards

Gordon

05/08/2013 18:41:53

My digital subscription is current, but I can find no way of accessing the digital archive from the home page.

I'd be very grateful if someone would point me to the required link.

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
05/08/2013 18:32:27

Well here I am, digital subscriber number xxxxxxxxx , but I can't find a link to the digital editions on the home page. I used to be able to access the back number archive with no problems. In fact access to this archive was the main attraction to be me becoming a digital subscriber.

Will someone kindly advise me how I can access the archive these days?

Gordon Whitehead

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/08/2013 18:41:10

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us