By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bearair

Here is a list of all the postings Bearair has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Does this model exist - Backback portable park flyer
07/01/2013 13:29:56

Multiplex Merlin, can be thermalled on a good day or happy for nice big acros, wings clip off and tail comes off so easy to carry in a backpack, multiplex also do there own bag. Ive also owned one of the chineese clones and it was no-where near as strong, well made or accurate in flight.

Roger

Thread: Hello, guidance required
31/12/2012 10:00:08

Second vote for the Speed Air a much underated aircraft, as are all the Air family. At the riske of being lynched I would say the Speed Air will fly  easier in a wider wind speed and is capable of smoother more precise flight than the Wot 4.

Edited By Bearair on 31/12/2012 10:05:37

Thread: Losing new people to this hobby
31/12/2012 09:49:32

There have always been RTF model aircraft in toy shops like the Cox049 controliners and CO2 free flight. They were bought by the same people who today buy the RTF RC models. Most will never progress any further but a few will get bitten by the bug and progress to parkflyers or clubs.

What I do find interesting is with the advances in "autopilot" or stabilisation systems it wont be long before cheap "steer it around the sky "aircraft will be available. How the hobby will react to a begineer flying models that take all the skill out of the piloting will be interesting. Just as many free flight modellers felt that RC took all the skill out of model flying so I imagine will "pure" RCers feel that computer flight controlled models are not "real" flying.

Thread: Another local shop bites the dust.
27/12/2012 18:31:00

I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that LMS on which I rely are becoming very undervalued. If someone turns up at my local slope or flying site with a model, radio gear, motor and all accesories and then requires or expects my assistance because they do not understand the operation of the kit they have then i will ask where they bought it from. If it was from the internet I will politely suggest they seek advice from the supplier. If its from a LMS I am delighted to assist them. The reason is simple, I have a vested interest in my LMS, ie he has given advice and help to me for years and I want him to be there to assist me for years to come. I do not mind paying a resonable amount extra for the assistance I have and continue to recieve. I am aware of some clubs whos members are increasingly taking this attitude. And towards free training aswell.

I understand the business model of the international cheap wharehouses but it seems to rely on the good nature of the local modeler. Sorry I will not subsidise their business model. If only more experienced modelers took this attitude maybe people would see the benefit of the LMS.

Harsh it may be, but I am just subscribing to there cost is everything attitude. Of course if the internet buyer wants to pay me for my services then fair enough. But often they then find that the money they "saved" was a false economy.

Roger

Thread: What do you fly when little wind?
22/12/2012 11:28:15

I fly my much loved and 30 year old Aquila, theres a lot to be said for an old fashioned "floater" design they fly a lot slower than the more efficent modern designs. Normally if Easygliders and stuff are struggling the Aquila will be just floating around gently!. Often the tx gets passed around even though i fly mode 1 and most others at St Agnes fly mode2 , in a gentle breeze you really only have to steer her around.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!