By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martian

Here is a list of all the postings Martian has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: S1581 Hawker Nimrod MkI
05/12/2019 18:30:19

I'm leaning towards leaving them attached to the wings it seems maybe easier to handle and keep tidy outside of assembled plane

05/12/2019 18:22:42

Danny are your rigging wires staying part attached ?

05/12/2019 18:20:57

You know what they about the straw that broke the camel's back oops it's a Fury 😎

04/12/2019 21:50:29

Bored with you Danny perish the thought 😜 seriously they are very helpful thank you ,oh it's good to see you producing faultless modelling again

01/12/2019 19:54:31

looks good Danny painting will show it up well

Thread: XK 450 Fighter
29/11/2019 21:56:36

I am not familiar with plane but have had a search , it would appear you need to disconnect battery in plane switch up transmitter then do the start up procedure in instructions it should work

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
29/11/2019 16:27:32

Hi Stuart I am not aware of a commercially available one but if you look back through this thread you should be able to find where ours were sourced from I am not sure but it may have been Danny Fenton we had the whole set of horns and hinge pieces cut from glass fibre

Thread: What went on today then ?
28/11/2019 09:12:48

Glynn Powell passed away a couple of days ago he is the chap who built the moulds for the mosquito to allow restoration in New Zealand and also for the people's Mosquito

27/11/2019 18:10:30

now that looks the job Danny but maybe still to big for the smaller litho work ... yes a silver solder video would be good particularly in relation to model making

Thread: A new caption competition - winner declared!
27/11/2019 15:15:51

And then this Eagle appeared from nowhere and grabbed it just like this and dashed to the ground , honest

27/11/2019 15:11:08

Hi Danny i tried a few thicknesses but the final results was with the thicker material in fact it may have been K&S materials ,I anealed the Ali over the gas stove and unlike you I made a female mould and hardened the surface and as you rightly say it had to be re-anealed several times i initially formed it with a teaspoon then a combination of rounded balsa stick and hardwood stick i made several at varying degrees of quality as you point out the thin stuff splits the more it's worked foil was useless . As for a small English wheel i searched the tinternet worldwide and could not find such a thing it would have made the whole process of litho plating easier. Me make a video i could not emulate your fine skills. I think only lots of practise will get the best results . Crack on Danny I'm waiting for you to do the rigging 😜

27/11/2019 13:48:02

Looks good to me Danny certainly better than mine, I made blisters to fit over the gf blisters on the cowl .

25/11/2019 21:40:31

I have a feeling less forumites are inclined to comment than in the past but do read/look at the posts. Anyway so much for soapy water any idea why it wouldn't stick do you think the adhesive is partly water soluble .

25/11/2019 18:08:54

looks brilliant Danny no need to paint in my opinion p.s very good videos excellent for reference thanks for taking the trouble to make them

21/11/2019 22:12:20

Yes I've found inconsistent quality with some my latest PLA is from Amazon and is hard work settings have to be precise so I'm going back to Filaprint which was faultless , regards the CAD work it's a huge learning curve that steals time from other things and what you are showing there is impressive

21/11/2019 20:38:20

what cad software do you use Chris and I actually love the colour. I have noticed some colours don't print as well as others have you found this ?

21/11/2019 19:47:01

Lovely shade of purple by the way now you have marked out the rivet spacings you could always cut the heads of dressmaking pins and pop them in cheeky just sayin

21/11/2019 13:29:46

Ahem there is more than one or two rivets there young man and very nice they look to

20/11/2019 13:53:20

On no not loads of metal tape this is as bad as the silk saga will it ever end 😱 lol

20/11/2019 09:40:26

I like it Danny the in service look is what I opted for even fully restored aircraft with polished Ali are not flawless so I feel it is more realistic, and yes Martyn the foil is reasonably tough but will suffer a tear if nicked

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us