By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for MAD Dave

Here is a list of all the postings MAD Dave has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Request for assistance with model identification!
06/09/2015 20:40:11

Does anyone have a copy of the original RM July 1977 build article for the Voltair that they could scan and email to me please?

Thread: Brushless motors how to choose the correct size
10/08/2015 17:20:42

Ecalc has worked very well for me......

Thread: Saab Viggen plans search
29/07/2015 17:06:28

Thank you David, every little bit helps..........!

29/07/2015 11:24:57

Doh! ......... )

29/07/2015 11:24:28

Nope.... the smiley is not my addition, was typed as a ""

29/07/2015 11:22:50

Re my last post, something happened on transmission, for (or “visibility&rdquo please read (or "visibility" - hope it works this time.......

29/07/2015 11:19:51

I am now considering having a go at the G. Ghisleri design for the Viggen – but for EDF. I have the plans but have been unable to acquire a copy (or “visibility&rdquo of the magazine write-up and build notes. Can anybody help or offer suggestions please? I believe the original article was published circa 1984. Any thoughts anyone……?

Thread: Anyone had experience of this old one?
10/08/2014 18:56:25

Complete at long last, just a take-off dolly to construct now. Bit unsure about the weight, 1 ounce short of 5 pounds.........!

_dsc3302sm.jpg

Thread: What's the main radio brand you fly?
23/04/2014 17:07:36

I have in regular use two Futaba T6J Tx's and four R2006GS Rx's - never had a problem and they do the job! What else can I add?

Thread: Airframe advice please.
19/02/2014 22:23:20

Ady, interesting collection in the photo. The pair of TSR2's are noted in particular. Ever since seeing the prototype fly in the ~mid 60's as a school lad, I have wanted to model one for R/C. Can you offer any information as to how true to scale they are and what the flying qualities are like? Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
10/02/2014 11:35:12

winkThis pun thread is lacking a bit of spark......

Thread: Futaba T6J or 6EX
09/02/2014 12:08:14

Not up to speed with the technical differences between FHSS & FASST but I do own two T6J Tx's and four R2006GS Rx's. What I am aware of is that I have enjoyed many glitch-free flying hours with this equipment. This includes time spent standing on the flight line alongside up to five other club members operating a variety of other hardware on a variety of frequencies and standards etc.

Thread: Nylon bolt supplier identification assistance please.
08/02/2014 15:52:28

Modelfixings order value exceeded £3 by around 1,300%.................. crying

Thread: Would you....
08/02/2014 09:35:55

This all reminds me of a story told to me by a serving RAF pilot colleague. He was providing ATC members with their first "air experience" rides one weekend. Don't recall the airframe but it was side-by-side seating. One young lad shortly after take-off started shrieking on the intercom, "Cor, wow, gosh, it's just like the PC!" Said pilot nearly lost control with laughter!

Thread: Nylon bolt supplier identification assistance please.
07/02/2014 21:25:01

Thank you everyone, "modelfixings" is clearly the outfit I have been searching for. Having had a brief look at their site, I surely will have a problem limiting my spending to £3........ smiley

07/02/2014 12:04:44

I have a need for some M5 nylon bolts, 50mm in length. I have yet to identify a supplier, can anybody help please?

Thread: Anyone had experience of this old one?
03/02/2014 11:55:46

You are quite correct in that the Spit does have washout on its wings. That said, I checked the amount prior to joining the two halves and found them to have measurably different amounts. For some reason I do not recall, I acquired two examples of the Spit kit/plan at the time. On checking the other two wing halves, I found them to “differ similarly” as the others. I couldn't think of a reason for this other than production error, so de-skinned one and reassembled it with a twist to match its neighbour; seems to have worked. Of course I have no idea whether the two halves have the correct amount but I guess I'll find out soon enough......!

Edited By MAD Dave on 03/02/2014 11:59:55

03/02/2014 11:30:00

Thank you "fly boy3" for those encouraging words!

Edited By MAD Dave on 03/02/2014 11:58:43

02/02/2014 18:01:16

Anyone remember or have experience of the old Skyway Models 48 inch span "Spit"? Back in the ~80's, I was a member of the Boscombe Down club and the model was recommended to me as a good semi-scale flyer. So, I purchased one, including the GRP fuselage option, and then attendance to family needs took precedence; a familiar story to many I'm sure. So, this, along with my old Voltair, were exhumed from the loft last year and action on both has followed! The photos below show the box for reference and the GRP fuselage receiving some of the tail-feathers; the wings are structurally complete. The main reason for posting this is to enquire whether anyone has fond (or otherwise!) memories of building and flying one of these and would be happy to pass on any tips. The engine fitted is an elderly but still quite capable Irvine 40. Any thoughts.......?

box lid.jpg

Spit 48 under construction.jpg

Thread: What model should I acquire?
02/02/2014 08:42:01

Looks like the one; many thanks Phil 9!

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!