By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dave parnham

Here is a list of all the postings dave parnham has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New caption competition
12/07/2018 18:31:30

Hmmm Werthers Originals..... But only Two toffees from the Bomb Drop!!

Thread: Wings & Wheels at North Weald Essex
24/06/2018 19:22:11

Enjoyed the flying on Sunday ,great display from the Stampe and Tiger Team.

Excellent show we had a good day today......and somebody saved me 200 quid by Buying the very smart Balsa Usa Fokker DV11 that was for sale round near the boat pool. I went back to have a closer look and would have made a cheeky offer but it had gone! Well done that mansmiley

Thread: Rudder trim backwards on SG14 (only on one model)
22/06/2018 17:19:31

Ha Ha so simple yet so damn annoying Thank You finally fixed it.

You don't know how infuriating that was for me.

Again Thanks

22/06/2018 14:33:39

companion I haven't got to grips with at all yet to be honest, not sure where to start, have been trying not to rely on my brother for help, and was doing ok.

I setup my seagull 3d funfly as Model 1 and test flew the Tx on it and only a few issues popped up like the Throttle trim was backwards to the Throttle....I know where I went wrong on that one. Also the engine wasn't set up perfectly so broke a prop on landing, good job too really because i had put in far too much rate throws.

Model Two is my new Grand Tundra and all is okay with this one its just been too windy to test fly it.

Edited By dave parnham on 22/06/2018 14:33:54

22/06/2018 14:22:28

Switch warnings on start up Yes

22/06/2018 11:07:23

Ok thanks I too thought it would be that easy.....but.

So Model 2 on switch on with all switches in the down position all okay

But on Model 1 all switches down and it still reports E and G backwards on screen.

So there must be a companion fix there somewhere?

Yes I have turned them round as suggested.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

21/06/2018 19:01:32

Sorry windymiller I don't want to hijack the thread but as this is similar? to my problem and BeB seems to know his Taranis I hope you don't mind.

im new to the x9d plus and all was going well...…..I took the case apart to change to hall sensor Gimbals and now when I switch on Switches E and G are Backwards? ie all switches point backwards on start up but the on screen arrows indicates these two point forward?

Beb or anyone familiar with x9dplus Please Help

Edited By dave parnham on 21/06/2018 19:01:53

Thread: Parcel Force GRRR!!
23/05/2018 18:00:00

My Grand Tundra has arrived finally having gone from Ipswich to Coventry to Swansea to Coventry to Hatfield and at least the box seems whole and undamaged.

Relief laugh

22/05/2018 18:41:31

What really grates with me is the so called Tracking....ok so it left Swansea yesterday at 15.40 so why has it not been scanned as arrived at hub in Coventry? or indeed by now left Coventry on way to local delivery depot.(which is what it did say Saturday morning when it was sent in error to Swansea)

Maybe some poor bloke is walking up the Mway with a rucksack on his back.

Getting more concerned now as getting support from HK is equally appalling usually.

22/05/2018 16:28:22

Firstly I must say I work for Royal Mail so I know what a thankless task delivering endless *bay Chinese rubbish can be.

And Secondly My Parcel Force local drivers are Brilliant and go out of there way to help.

But here it comes.....My HK parcel (Grand Tundra) was passed from the Suffolk depot to PF in Ipswich and driven all the way via Coventry to SWANSEA!!

I live in Hertfordshire angry 2

Tracking the thing is totally useless! Having complained on the phone on Monday she guaranteed delivery today, and pigs may fly.

Ringing them today suggests it left Swansea at 15.38 yesterday afternoon but there the tracking ends like its vanished....however it has apparently gone back to Coventry to be send to my local depot for delivery Maybe Thursday?

Why have tracking info advertised when its totally useless in the first place.

Still fuming.....will I ever see my Grand Tundra?

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 22/05/2018 17:43:44

Thread: NEW POLL! The 2018 Transmitter Survey!
10/04/2018 14:34:14

Never ever had a problem with my Futaba Gear....Still have a FF9 FF10 and 14 and whilst I'm very happy and don't need to change. I still have an interest in a multiplex sx9 or12?

And right now I'm hankering after a Jeti 16 or dc24 (cant afford it !!) but I want one wink

dave

Thread: Durafly Tundra
29/03/2018 17:20:09

Good luck with it these were very popular planes apparently, so much so I pre ordered the Grand Tundra and cant wait for delivery angel

Thread: Building Jim Newberrys Puddleduck
02/03/2018 18:17:59

Is it a Seagull Jumper? (Right now we all need Jumpers devil) Trainer kit?

cheers enjoying as always Dave.

Thread: Powered by Laser, a gallery thread
17/12/2017 09:18:55

Laser 180 powered Flair TigerMoth doesn't get out much coz its a pain to rig but flys well on this Lovely Engine.

17/12/2017 09:17:18

img_0224.jpg

Thread: Build logs - a dying art?
21/10/2017 19:09:05

I can see what your getting at Steve, you've had 4500 viewings on your Stuka project and 89 replies.

I for one love your builds, and have been silently watching like a favourite tv show, perhaps that is the problem and we should ask more questions?

I just had to go through 7 pages of the latest posts to find your thread, last reply 1/10/17 and I had missed at least the last page of building. It proves that the forum is alive with lots of chat out there.

I'm loving dibleys 110 build and will be glued to the 109 builds too....would love one but I have a BT plan pack in the shed somewhere.

Can we Bookmark these threads? I have never looked to see if that's possible.

Any way Don't give up posting build threads anyone, I'm certainly back in my shed after a long layoff thanks to many blogs on here, and I have to admit other forums too.

cheers dave p

Thread: Caption competition!
19/09/2017 17:28:27

Field repairs went well until they superglued themselves to the Transmitter!

Thread: Southern Model Air Show at headcorn
09/09/2017 18:26:18

Oh how i wanted to go....but the weather and the 2 hr plus trip put me off, i know thats not a lot of travelling time,but only got back from a short break last weekend and that two hour trip turned into 4 and a half.

Anyway i stayed in the shed and continued building the long list of "must finish this er's"

dp

Thread: What fuel (FS)
09/09/2017 18:19:51

Contest 10 for all engines......OS Fourstrokes Saito 82fs and Lasers no problems here.

dp

Thread: what is? Isopropyl Alcohol
14/08/2017 16:36:31

Been to my local Maplins and they have spray cans and 500ml tins of IPA so I'm going to test it before glueing my lovely new Biplanes hinges in the slots. No matter how hard I try I always dribble glue everywhere!!

cheers interesting topic in the end

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues