By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dave parnham

Here is a list of all the postings dave parnham has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New Laser engines. What do you want?
17/11/2015 17:48:52

I'm currently installing my 180 laser in a Balsa USA Fokker D7, it should be enough power but a 200 single cylinder would have been better, or 38cc to match the Zenoah that everybody else uses.

cheers dp

Thread: Rugby Union World Cup 2015
10/10/2015 19:34:49

Wales have only beaten S.Africa Twice and drawn once in 30 matches....12-6 win last year.

Thread: As the Winter building Season Begins.........
10/10/2015 19:29:51

As its time to get in the shed and start building I was wondering who is planning on starting a new project from scratch, be it plan or kit build....Or is it mostly ARTF builds for the new season?

Or again is it rekindling old unfinished scale projects that have been gathering Dust at the back of the shed.

Personally ive a 1/4 D7 that's still unfinished and a DB 77inch Pup......perhaps I shouldn't have started the Albatros either.

Thread: Mystery Cub to identify
08/10/2015 09:03:01

Have you got the wing struts? They cant be seen in the photo, but from memory I never used them much anyway.

Its a great flyer I had a 52four stroke in mine OS I think. I used to happily fly it inverted and flat spins too.

Sadly long gone now.

Thread: Southern Model Airshow 2015
12/09/2015 16:44:01

I thought I glimpsed George Clooney....pushing a claude butler push bike, but I turned round to double check and he was gone!!. Bit of a cross wind but did enjoy the Panic Team and the Steve Holland Lancaster, warbirds, and Best for me was the Decathlon duo slot amazingly tight syncro flight. But maybe that's my last one.Not as good as Hop Farm and never will be.Shame.

Dave p

Thread: Workshop space
15/08/2015 14:27:45

Monz,

ive had a word with Michael who runs C and M Upholstery near Lords farm, those units are full, but he can give you the contact details of the lady that owns/runs them and she has more units elsewhere that may be of use to you. Cheers dave.

13/08/2015 15:30:03

Aha ! ive just realised who you are wink

Not that we see much of each other, but I'm your postie!!.

Never had you down as a free flight enthusiast smiley

I know Williams has a Unit for rent, but it might be a bit much.

Another long long shot could be opposite Lords Farm, its a bit of a mess down there, but C and M Upholstery .​are in there and there are some empty units. worth chatting to him to find out more.

dave

12/08/2015 20:20:50

try going to Mr Williams at Astonbury Farm , Aston near to Stevenage Golf course, he may be able to help out. Its a small industrial park.

Thread: Flair Tiger Moth
24/05/2015 17:06:30

Any ideas what these Airframes fetch price wise these days......I have one which im seriously thinking about selling.

Minus the Laser180 and rx and no servos. That's Airframe only. £350??

Thread: Acrowot mods....retracts??
23/05/2015 21:17:33

**LINK** the only clip I could find blush

23/05/2015 21:00:24

well im seriously thinking about stripping the covering off and having a look at what can be done.

Problem no1 my HK electric retracts are 80 degrees coz I got them for the BT plan bf109 but they are too short in the leg and only 2.75" wheels.

So problem 2 means mounting them retract units in the middle .....wheels pointing to wingtips, but then the Aileron servos need to be moved....not a big job I know but hey ho.

Thread: Greenacres 2015 Mass launch Radjet
23/05/2015 19:53:04

excellent looks like loads of fun smiley

Thread: Acrowot mods....retracts??
23/05/2015 19:48:04

Has anybody ever fitted electric retracts to the foam wings of a trad. kit Acrowot.

im currently madly in love with mess.BF109e and suddenly realised that I can re-cover and paint my beloved Acrowot to look very similar, enough to satisfy me anyway.

And I currently have some cheap HK electric retracts.

Any pointers? separate batteries....... or just plug into rx in ch5 and go?

Thread: LMA Rougham 2015
16/05/2015 20:41:08

I had to look that up as well......Your mileage May Vary????

Thread: Saturday night entertainment
15/03/2015 16:36:19

Enjoying the Rugby and F1 cant fly as its a bit drizzly.....still nearly finished my Limbo Dancer.

Also just the CofG check and rates throws and expo to set up on my Spot On 50L so very Happy.

Im turning off the TV at 8 coz im an avid Top Gear Fan

14/03/2015 20:48:05

Get in the Shedsmiley

Thread: Covering iron cleaning
12/03/2015 15:56:58

I put some white spirit on a tissue only yesterday and the warm iron rubbed on the tissue cleans itself...easy.

Thread: Nieuport 17 Balsa USA plan
17/02/2015 17:36:17

Was it your choice to build the cowl like that? I like that!!

Do they not supply a metal cowl in the kit?

Watching with interest john I still have a D7 to finish 3years since I last touched it. DOH!!!

Thread: Dave Hurrell Be2c Scale project
14/02/2015 21:17:08

**LINK**

stevo have you seen this?

How do you fancy flying in your grandfathers steed.....assuming your bad back can take it smiley

Thread: Airsail Chippie discussion
08/02/2015 15:05:51

yes you must have one.......Sorry couldn't resist.

I must bookmark this as its an interesting thread although I am not building one.

Stevo have you started building yet? would love to see some progress.

I will go back to my shed and keep quite now.

albatros werks dept.

dave p

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us