By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Levanter

Here is a list of all the postings Levanter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What engine will be big enough?
19/05/2013 18:11:29

As a second time around newbie I have a lot to learn. I am building a 20" wingspan Beechcraft Musketeer from the Guillows kit and originally I was going to stick with the rubber power supplied with the kit. This plane has a power option suggesting a Cox 020. In the last couple of days I found a very nice 020 and a really cute - I mean really! Cox 010. I held the engines up against the fuselage and the 020 seem enormous and the 010 nearly perfect for scale. I have built the plane superlight by thinning down the formers and drilling an unbelievably large number of tiny lightening holes (it is amazing how they mount up) On this basis can anyone tell me if the 010 will provide enough power for a decent free flight? There will be no radio or undercarriage, just a small wear plate on the bottom of the fuselage

Thread: Forty Five years abstinence
19/05/2013 17:41:03

Children grown up and independent - great. Two months to go before one of them makes me a grandad - even better. A fantastic time to get back into modelling after a very long break. My profession is totally tied up with boats and I have a second-hand IOM (International One Metre) radio yacht that I race from time to time, a small glow powerboat and one or two boaty odds and ends. My main hobby interest is in model aircraft however and one day I would like to be a competent pilot. In my teens I had a control line aircraft (Champ?) A free flight aircraft that my Dad built that may well still be out there somewhere on Dartmoor and we started building a glow trainer which would have been a very good model had it ever got finished. So there we are, I have never flown an RC plane before! I have just bought a Horizon Hobby Supercub and done all the modifications that are helpfully available on the web and there are three model flying clubs in Mallorca that I plan to check out in the next couple of weeks. I am building a Guillows Beechcraft Musketeer for fun and I have started to build a Jemima. I have already decided that my follow on plane will be the Oodalally. My ambition is to one day fly (and land) my own design. This will probably be a seaplane in tribute to my great grandfather who worked for Curtiss at the time they were developing efficient floats. I am fascinated by anything mechanical, taken over by four stroke engines and this time totally addicted to my refound hobby. I can alrady feel my first question coming on.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!