By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john melia 1

Here is a list of all the postings john melia 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Flair Puppeteer
13/03/2013 18:15:23

any decent reamers then , i've just read a review on some forum about the one giant shark were selling and its horrendous , wouldn't ream a plastic prop apparently

13/03/2013 17:10:48

yeah when i built the kit , it said exactly that .... ie .... 30 - 45 , i used a 35 at the time and because of the amount of weight i had to add to the nose to obtain the correct cg , it was totally underpowered , hence the 61 throttled back a bit , as you can see i'm pretty much out of touch at the minute , so many things have changed -- electronically anyway .

i'll get a 12x6 and 13x6 , will these need reamed , or can i buy a prop that will fit without the reaming .

13/03/2013 16:10:52

got a 11x7 prop today for this irvine 61 , but it doesn't fit , has the engine got something on there it

shouldn't , ie , looks like a pulley on the front , and i can't remember any of my engine way back having pulleys on the front , or is the prop

12/03/2013 12:27:09
Posted by Braddock, VC on 12/03/2013 12:11:54:

I bought a job lot of hitec hs 322 hd at about £60 for 8 very similar is the hs 311 at £50 for 8 these are ideal and do not over-egg the omelet. The former are more robust and resist hangar damage.

There are cheaper servos out there but hey £8 or £7 each respectively is a lot less than you would have paid 25 years ago. HTH.

yep totally agree , i'll go and have a look , where they off the bay ?

12/03/2013 12:25:47

well theres the old girl in need of a bit of TLC lol

12/03/2013 12:01:51
Posted by andy watson on 12/03/2013 11:40:14:

Any standard servos will be fine. If you bought the tx as a set with receiver and servos included, then those included would be perfect.

cheers andy , no just bought the tx , no receiver , or servo,s , i'm looking at a Spektrum R6210 receiver with satellite at the minute , any recommendations on a reasonable standard servo .

thanks again

12/03/2013 09:28:09

hello everyone , its been a long time since i hung up my transmitter , about 25 years ago to be exact , all those years ago i built a flair puppeteer , and since then has been on top of a wardrobe in my mams house for 25 years .

the other day i looked at it and said to myself , thats it , its coming home with me and i'm going to refurbish and recover it , and hopefully get it flying again.

I have a spektrum dx7s tx , which i bought about 4 weeks ago to use with my trex-600 nitro pro heli , and a good friend of mine is tutoring me on getting it to hover , anyway my question is , what servos would i require for the puppeteer , i cant remember what i used all those years ago .

I'll take a few pics of the model shortly and post them up , its got more wrinkles than me in it at the moment .

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!