By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john melia 1

Here is a list of all the postings john melia 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: no wonder the model shop is a dying breed
29/01/2015 22:37:11

the msx-r is also on backorder in the european warehouse

29/01/2015 22:36:03
Posted by Sam Wragg on 29/01/2015 19:46:47:

Before you slate model shops take a step back open your eyes and ask yourself this.

How much does it cost to fill the shelves? 10's of thousands

Who can give you good advice.

Are you prepared to work for nothing? No doubt the answer is no........ well don't expect others too.

Nothing wrong with buying off the Web but don't expect your local hobby shop to sort you out when it all goes wrong.

You make you your chioce and pays your money

Support your Hobby shop

Sam

theres nothing to go wrong sam , its an airframe , the exact same one as tjs is selling , i've had numerous airframes from hk and all have been as good as most airframes costing way more , i'm still flying my sbach and its had a pretty hard life upto now .

as regarding advice , i dont need any for an airframe , i also find hk's return system pretty good now , i sent a few servos back last year , and got replacements in a week !!

and i aint supporting any model shop that sells the same airframe , with the same info copied from the hk site , which is £68 dearer

29/01/2015 20:04:57

does anyone know if the hobbyking uk warehouse was trading four years ago

29/01/2015 19:52:17

just been chatting to hk , they said it maybe 30 days before its back in stock , i can wait , got plenty to fly in the meantime

29/01/2015 19:43:44

yeah pretty shocking really , i'll aait until its back in stock

29/01/2015 19:37:16

wouldnt mind paying a little bit more but £68 more , no chance

29/01/2015 19:36:34

i beleive they bought it from hk uk warehouse and marked it up to sell , like i say they have even used hk's info word for word

29/01/2015 19:22:43

just been to hobbyking to buy their 30cc msx-r for £132 but unfortunately as usual its on backorder , so thought i'd have a look around and see if i could source one here ,

well i found the exact same model with exactly the same blurb at tjshobbies.co.uk but the price is £200 !!!

**LINK**

no wonder people complain about our model shops

Thread: overglasses- sunglasses
26/01/2015 13:53:59

Anyone got any of these , what are they like , how much were they

Thread: Ever wanted to get into or improve your aerobatics?
19/01/2015 11:07:27

Whats the consensus on the wire undercarriage , and has anyone flown one of these with either a petrol or nitro motor

Thread: SC 46 Or OS 46?
11/01/2015 19:01:29

Never had a problem with any of the glow engines I've bought off hk

11/01/2015 18:35:41

You can get an sc/asp 46 a lot cheaper than that dai , hobbyking do a asp46 same as sc just rebadged for £42, personally I'd rsther go for the 52 its not much dearer and instock at hk

Thread: Ever wanted to get into or improve your aerobatics?
11/01/2015 18:30:53

Haha I dont envy your job peter , but I really hope you manage it , it would make an excellent book imo , I'll be bringing either my sbach or yak , only problem at the minute is I'm not a member of any club just now and I'm not getting any practise in other than phoenix , but that has also packed up

11/01/2015 18:17:31

Only problem now with this thread peter is its so big , and having to trawl through for info becomes pretty tedious after a while

I'm still awaiting the book which is going to be produced from this thread lol

Thread: Oleos
11/01/2015 16:27:31

So would there be anyway to fit these on my 30cc sbach and get rid of the aluminium u/c , bynthe way inordered a carbon set from carbon copy , and they are actually heaviertand thicker than the ally set that Iis on !

Thread: phoenix flight sim dongle
11/01/2015 13:18:08

Thanks john , I'll await their reply , and send mine off to them , still seems a bit expensive though by the time I've payed for postage to grt it there , the £15.95 plus postage for a replacement

Thinking of now getting one of those all in one jobbies from ebay

11/01/2015 13:03:02

I've sent an email off to phoenix support , hopefully if I'm lucky I'll get a reply

11/01/2015 13:02:21

I have the dongle here in front of me and it looks in perfect condition , certainly my dogs have not chewed it , like I say it was fine last night

11/01/2015 12:44:40

I have the official pheonix dongle which up until last night was perfectly fine , until today when I switched on the computer opened pheonix and plugged the dongle into both the usb port and my tx

A message then appeared indicating it wasnt recognised , I switched everything off and tried again , only to be presented with the same error message

In the device manager it says usb not recognised and a yellow asterix , imtried a mouse in the usb port and that works fine , so it seems the problem is with the dongle itself

Just seems strange how it was working perfect the night before . Does anyone know if phoenix would replace the dongle , or would I have to basically pay for another phoenix

Thread: Futaba P-Hal2100 Autopilot
10/01/2015 17:31:08

Ok thanks frank , as I say I got it given and didnt know anything about , maybe best if I file 13 it lol

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!