By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Cliff 1959

Here is a list of all the postings Cliff 1959 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Is traditional building a disappearing art?
24/12/2017 21:54:07

Those who do not have the desire to make something are to be pitied

That's so true Peter, I pity people all the time lol

Thread: Christmas Caption Competition!
22/12/2017 23:24:28

2.4 kids

Thread: Passenger lands a plane...
21/12/2017 09:10:26
That took a lot of bottle, interesting end result as well.
When I was P1 flying with my other half we use to practice approaches on an abandoned strip... Just in case!!
Thread: IDENTIFICATION please
20/12/2017 11:04:07

picture?

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
18/12/2017 19:20:45
Wifey sent me out for a bag of spuds this morning saying I could take a plane and have a fly when I passed the club field, guess what I'd forgotten when I got home? '!!!
Thread: BMFA NEWS
12/12/2017 16:58:41

When I've read it through I use the magazine as an advert for the hobby and our club, I just write 'Google Torbay Flying Club' on the front and leave it in a local waiting room, any bloke worth his salt will dive for it over all the female beauty mags!

Thread: Winters Here Who's Been Flying ?
08/12/2017 10:57:48

Wow, that's lovely, I think it's forecast to hit us this afternoon in Devon, I think I would be tempted to throw something into the air though smiley

Thread: Veron Big Impala build instructions
19/11/2017 21:59:59

If there are any collectors on here that may be missing a set of build instructions for the Veron Big Impala 74in I have a set you could have, pm me if interested.

Edited By Cliff 1959 on 19/11/2017 22:00:37

Thread: Foamy Indoor Spitfire from E-flight Yak
27/10/2017 22:40:19
Thread: Turning off AS3X from Eflite
20/10/2017 21:13:59

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn off the AS3X flight assistance on the Eflite receiver/esc/servo combo?

The reason I ask is because I've fitted the board from my defunct Eflite Yak into my Microace's SE5a and it simply won't fly properly.

The board is sitting horizontally in the SE5 and sat vertically in the Yak, the result is the AS3X adjusts the rudder when the plane is moved in the pitch and the elevator when the plane is moved in the yaw, the result is a plane that is virtually uncontrollable, hence my original question!

Thread: Banggood Tiger Moth and Micro Aces SE5a
14/10/2017 22:22:05

Here's a couple of pictures of my indoor planes ready for the new season which starts next week.

The Micro Ace's SE5a has been test flown out of doors and is ready for the still air of the gym but the Banggood Tiger Moth is unflown. I've added a few scale details to the Moth, the windscreens, dash boards and pilots are printed paper as are the roundels, the spooked wheels are also covered in printed paper with the 'DH' logo on the hubs.

I think it improves the appearance quite a bit, the black on the fuselage is permanent marker and the yellow on the wings is food dye, the finished model with battery is 41g (1.5oz) so it should fly reasonably well.

Both kits went together beautifully, but I think overall I still prefer balsa!

se5a.jpg

tiger moth.jpg

Thread: DX6i Rudder to Elevator Swap
13/10/2017 23:09:11

Sorted mechanically!

13/10/2017 22:29:21

I know this transmitter is getting a bit old now so it may not be possible to do a channel swap. I can't see a way to assign channels in the menus, and can see no reference in the handbook.

So, is there a way anyone knows of?

Thread: Wayfarer Biplane with wing tip Mobius
16/09/2017 20:59:43

I've put a Mobius on a 450mm stick forward of the leading edge and an SJ4000 rotatable in the cockpit.

Thread: Newbie/returner from Devon
09/09/2017 23:55:16

Hi Graham, welcome to the forum, I've just sent you a private message (pm) with some info.

As Pier's mentioned the Super 60 here's a picture of mine:

super 60.jpg

Thread: Identifying Vintage Diesel
03/09/2017 22:19:03

Is there a good resource anywhere to help me identify a vintage diesel engine, I can't upload a picture at the moment?

Thread: Low Flying Aircraft Signage?
29/08/2017 23:10:28

The BMFA mention the wording of notices to put up where public access is possible but our field is private with a single track lane (often used) running down one side. I was wondering in the council would be the place to go?

29/08/2017 22:58:53
Posted by Denis Watkins on 29/08/2017 22:13:37:

Signage is already recommended by the BMFA Cliff, on the approach to our flying fields

But inevitably these often get vandlised

So your signs are made by yourselves? They're not council?

Thread: Repotage of Westland Lysander
29/08/2017 22:00:21

Lots of Google images here:

**LINK**

Thread: Low Flying Aircraft Signage?
29/08/2017 21:18:22

Whilst reviewing a recent airborne video taken over our strip at the weekend I was slightly alarmed to see three horse riders coming along the lane, I had no idea they were there.

They were probably local riders and knew to expect low flying aircraft but what of drivers who didn't know we flew in the area?

A large aircraft (or an any size) on final approach appearing over the hedge could be enough to cause an accident!

Does any club have the warning triangle sign (in the UK) with an aircraft silhouette on it?

Is it something that we should be thinking about do you think?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us