By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Marc Osbourne

Here is a list of all the postings Marc Osbourne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Best Heating Option For Your Hobby Shed
12/01/2019 12:02:05

Hi Martin, we are still waiting for ours to arrive, I ordered two heaters, one for grumps, (my father) and one for myself. I also ordered two of those mufflers as linked to by Gary, it seems they have run out of UK stock now as they had 3 left in stock yesterday and none today! I too will be reporting back on how good these heaters are, it seems that a friend of ours is now interested in one now that my dad has told him about it! This link is to the heater which I have bought:

https://www.banggood.com/12V-5KW-Diesel-Air-Heater-4-Holes-All-In-1-LCD-Thermostat-for-Trailer-Truck-Car-p-1368620.html?p=6J161816237002201711&custlinkid=117256

I know theyre on ebay, but they seem to all come from china anyway!

05/01/2019 23:35:50

Gary, Peter, thanks! They were very similar to what I was looking at, I will get one ordered!

04/01/2019 18:13:54

Hi guys, we have got one of the 5kw heaters coming for our own workshop, what is everyone using as a 12v power supply other than a 12v battery of course, any ideas for a 240v to 12v transformer etc that could be used instead?

Thread: PITTS SPECIAL S-2A
16/02/2016 00:22:13

Did you ever get this pitts finished Pyro?

Thread: NGH GT17cc petrol engine starting issues
11/02/2016 23:48:49

Did you ever get this running??

Thread: What certification do you intend to try and obtain in the next 12 months?
13/01/2016 00:56:24

Voted for my fixed wing 'B' on this, really need to get it done this year. Gary rawlings and another examiner did my test back in about 2001 but despite my many phone calls at the time after i waited over a month, gary never sent off my paperwork and so i never got my 'b' certificate!

Due to life I came out of r/c flying from between about 2002-2012 so hopefully this year if i can, I will get the opportunity to do it at some point!

Edited By Marc Osbourne on 13/01/2016 00:57:01

Thread: WANTED - Plans or ARTF 90-100" span Gee Bee model Y senior sportster
05/01/2016 23:18:00

Good evening all.

I am looking for either an ARTF JP (or similar) 97" span gee bee model y senior sportster OR, plans of the model Y of around the 90-100" span size.

Not afraid to build if the right plans come up!

Thanks,

Marc

Thread: Sebart Sukhoi 29 30e right hand wing required
04/10/2015 18:17:41

Hi All,

Trying to help out a friend here:

Right hand wing panel wanted for 30e sebart sukhoi. Its the yellow one with red and black with silver stripes on top.

Preferably new but would consider good used. W.H.Y?

Thanks,

Marc

Thread: Hitec HS-311 servo failure
23/09/2015 14:30:59

Hi,

Thanks guys, I did think that maybe it may be a duff one, I do seem to be a Lemon magnet I'm afraid, what with a out of the box duff Hitec 5085mg and two duff 7955tg's out of the box I am beginning to wonder about the quality of hitec servos! Wonder if the standard savox ones are any good? I wouldnt mind but i used to use futaba 148's and 3001's many moons ago and didnt have a problem with them but the modern ones seem to be varying quality all the time, or maybe its just me getting older and wiser!?

Marc

23/09/2015 12:51:50

Hello all,

Just curious to know on here if anyone else has had a standard hitec hs-311 servo fail on them?

I have bought about 30 of these as a standard servo to use in several models and the latest model i have equiped with these is a 80" piper cub with an SC 52FS in the front (not exactly a rocket ship). Anyhow, fitted one of these servos to each of the aileron servos and after just half an hours use the servo had stopped in the centre (half way through a flight!) and didnt move under power! The servo moves fine when moved by hand but not anything else! Tried disconnecting the extention lead for it... still nothing, then tried it on my hitec servo tester... and once again, absolutely nothing, no noise, no movement, no nothing!

We are not exactly inexperienced in model aircraft and the servo should easily be rated for the job, its just running off of a standard 6v battery pack and the aileron itself moves freely and there is no binding of any kind.

I just thought it was strange for a 30 minute old servo to do this? If anyone else has had problems with these servos i would rather know know as next time, if the servo is on an elevator or rudder etc the outcome could be far worse!

Thanks,

Marc

Thread: Cap 21 Centre of Gravity
03/08/2015 22:45:47

Hiya,

Thanks for that but i think thats the 59" version and not the 72". sad

Marc

03/08/2015 19:28:10

Evening all,

Just finished overhauling a used 72" Cap 21.

Does anybody have the centre of gravity measurements of either this, the model tech cap 21 or the great planes version of the same or similar size? This just gives me a rough idea of where to start!

Thanks,

Marc

Thread: Wild Hare 50cc Sukhoi manual wanted
20/07/2015 08:07:00
Still no one with an available manual I could use? 😯
16/07/2015 14:24:23

Cheers adrian, i was thinking along the same lines in regards to the cg point near the wing tube. This isnt from probuild but i have bought several items from probuild in the past (including 3w engine and a kit) and have found them rather helpfull. The reason your wild hare model was older was probably because Wild Hare went under a few years ago didnt they? Shame as i have seen several of their extras i think they were in the past and the build quality looked pretty darn good! I know where your coming from in regards to the covering, just had exactly the same happen to me last weekend whilst flying my little extreme flight i.c. extra 300, I had the red covering on one aileron come off on one flight, repaired that then on the next flight the other aileron underside covering decided to depart! Typical as every artf i ever buy i end up having to re-shrink the covering and every time they are in the sunlight the covering always turns into a lookalike of nora battys stockings!

16/07/2015 10:12:42

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has the instruction manual for the 50cc Wild hare sukhoi 87". If not the whole manual then just the CG location and control throws would be handy.

Thanks,

Marc

Thread: English Irvine 53 engine wanted
15/07/2015 14:58:32

Nobody able to help? indecision

Thread: Bi-plane identification help please!
15/07/2015 14:57:34

Hello again,

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Nigel who has very kindly helped me with locating plans and the magazine feature for this aeroplane. I will post some pictures when she is back together with the SC120fs engine.

Marc

Thread: Fuel tank position
13/07/2015 19:26:40

What about one of those oscillating perry pumps that you can get for 4 Stroke glow engines?

Thread: Signal Loss with Spektrum?
13/07/2015 12:35:45

Ben, I wonder if this has anything to do with the problem you had with your DX18 stealth?

http://em.horizonhobby.com/public/?q=preview_message&fn=Link&t=1&ssid=29004&id=bfmgnlp7mw76l5scquu5z3o4bs4bs&id2=co2sg5z7ktyx5aiuwa30aszv2ju3t&subscriber_id=bjegraargcahylkawpygsrcmeelsbbh&delivery_id=bbvwykigozjwnbcylcsppqdhshygbbf&messageversion_id=aftrrwisfnaklonrmfldyqfsorjfbgo&tid=3.cUw.B18p1Q.FzSn.AT4-6w..AgXFPw.b..s.AjtU.a.VZ8hgQ.VZ8iEQ.nrmvfQ

Thread: Bi-plane identification help please!
03/07/2015 16:30:18
Hi nigel, thanks for your reply! Do you by any chance have the c of g measurement? I presume it's maybe about 2/3rd back from the front of the top wing although a measurement would he handy! I will be powering it with a sc120 for stroke as that's the biggest engine I have to hand. It was originally a super tigre s3000 30cc engine in the front. I have this up for sale as even though it has not had much running, I think it's too much for this model and quite fancy the sound of the four stroke in it anyhow! Watch this space! ☺
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us