By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Penderyn Flyer

Here is a list of all the postings Penderyn Flyer has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: SAS Viper Build info needed.
10/12/2019 22:56:11

Thank you Piers for taking to time to reply.

Some very usefull info there.

Ive just had a look at Nick Chittys SAS Mamba Build video and its very similar to the Viper just a lot smaller ive got a pre owned Super Ronik Blitz wing that needs a repair and a recover so i,ll practice on that 1st. ;0)

09/12/2019 22:55:00

Hi Guys

Im new to Soaring but its something ive wanted to get into for a while since moving here to the Brecon Beacons it seem a waste not to use the slopes and wind around me.

Ive got an incomplete boxed "SAS VIPER" kit, thats missing all Hardware except spar,s , im not a novice builder but being my 1st Soaring wing i want to get it right.

Ive done a lot of searching for info on the interweb but can only find its CofG and control surface deflection, its a start i guess,

If anyone could give me build info or pictures of the Viper or something similar i would be very grateful

Thanks

Thread: another noobie to site
09/12/2019 22:03:08

Welcome Philip ;0)

Thread: Not a new newbie
09/12/2019 22:01:20

Welcome mark ;0)

Thread: Hello from Guildford
02/08/2019 16:52:27

Welcome to the forum Neil, ;0)

Thread: Hi from Penderyn, South Wales
01/08/2019 21:45:25
Posted by eflightray on 01/08/2019 19:47:31:

Penderyn, I'm not too far away down the A465 in Neath, fly electric.

There is a model shop across the A465 in Skewen, Neath Abbey, called Fish 'N' Things.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the head up, i didnt know there was a model shop anywhere near these day, was a time every town had one. my fav,s were Mill street Models in Pontypridd, The Wishing Wall in Tonypandy. Ive just googled Fish n Things, got the address, i,ll have to call in maybe tomorrow, thanks again,

Regards

Phil

01/08/2019 21:45:23
Posted by eflightray on 01/08/2019 19:47:31:

Penderyn, I'm not too far away down the A465 in Neath, fly electric.

There is a model shop across the A465 in Skewen, Neath Abbey, called Fish 'N' Things.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the head up, i didnt know there was a model shop anywhere near these day, was a time every town had one. my fav,s were Mill street Models in Pontypridd, The Wishing Wall in Tonypandy. Ive just googled Fish n Things, got the address, i,ll have to call in maybe tomorrow, thanks again,

Regards

Phil

01/08/2019 21:37:54
Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 01/08/2019 17:18:55:

I'm a member of the Valley Fliers club based in Treharris. I thought there was a model flying club near Hirwaun, but having just looked, I can't find it on the BMFA club finder page.

Living in Penderyn, you're not that far from one of the best slope soaring sites in the Country, the Bwlch mountain overlooking Treorchy.

Very interesting Dai, id no idea there was a club in Treharris, where do they fly ? I havnt heard of a Hirwaun club, I can see why there would be one tho with Cwm Cadlan on the Rhigos on the door step, I fly my Drones, and planes almost exclusively around Cadlan, I know the Bwlch being born and bought up in The Rhondda. thats defo on my To-do list ;0)

01/08/2019 21:25:06
Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 01/08/2019 09:47:11:

Hi Penderyn Flyer - I live in Newport and fly nothing but slope, and of course we have the best slope flying in Wales, if not the UK. Check out my BLOG which has on Page 2 (Flying Sites), all of the popular slopes between Cardiff and Hirwaen. If you are a Facebook user then we also have a group page, Slope Soaring in Wales, check us out and come flying with us.

Steve

Edited By Steve Houghton 1 on 01/08/2019 10:03:46

Thanks for the info Steve, im already on Slope Soaring Wales, Name is Philip Jones on there, Im loving what you guys are doing, ;0)

01/08/2019 09:13:21

Thank you Piers.

Im flying a converted Lidl glider are present but i keep lookng at 2,3,4 metre soarers on the net with envious eyes, like a dog looking at someone eating a pork chop lol.

Love the Sabre build, i dont think i could build in balsa again, The 2nd Mrs Jones already thinks i spend to much time on my own with my drones and foamies. she dont need another excuse to up and leave me lol

01/08/2019 08:55:47

Hi

J D 8 I spend as much time i can your way, where abouts are you ? The West is the jewel in the Welsh Crown.

Lucky for me Penderyn Distillery is within crawling distance from my Bungalow ;0)

31/07/2019 23:25:20

Hi all, Im returning to the hobby after years in the wilderness, life stuff just kept getting in the way,

Like some of us i started modelling as a kid with KeilKraft and Guillows free flight balsa planes, then i progressed into control line and then stick and tissues Rc, I dont think ive got the head to scratch build anymore so been sticking with foamies, recently ive been have fun with converting Lidl gliders and trying my hand at slope soaring for the first time,

Anyway, Happy landings ! ;0)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
CADMA
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us