By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robert Putley 1

Here is a list of all the postings Robert Putley 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: gyro behaving oddly!
06/07/2019 05:51:52

Exactly my own thoughts Frank. if the worst came to the worst. Den could install an expensive servo reverser on one of the Y leads

Thread: Radio, servo malfunction
21/04/2019 19:32:56

Doc Martin, that scenario sounds quite feasible. Friday, I ordered four new servos, different brand, different outlet.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback.

20/04/2019 16:03:44

I also purchased my 5 Tower Pro servos from Bangood, I would say around one year ago. Most of these stuff is rubbish so I now longer use them

20/04/2019 14:58:52

Thank you for all your help. Firstly, I hard solder all my extension leads myself using heavy duty servo wire. Also the leads are not that long. Second, the radio is 2.4 Spektrum, six years of faultless service. Thirdly the esc rating is only 2.0 amps. I checked the Individual servos which for a 13gram unit have a very high current draw of 400 mah rising to nearly an amp. It would appear as suggested this was causing the problem.

So now I know the way forward, and thank you all for you input.

19/04/2019 07:38:18

Hi,

I have a new small scale electric areobatic model. All set up and ready to fly about a month ago. Thursday, took it down to the patch to maiden. Switched everything on. Cheched ailerons, next thing full port rudder, and ele moving around. Unoluged te Lipo., reattchedthe lipo, and again, same responce. Put that model aside and flew another.

Back home, same thing again. Tried another rx, no good. Same with a third.

So, next thing, wrote out a second model on the Tranny. Same response.t resort. tried another tx. same problem.

Left it alone to try the following day. Same thing, as expected. Then I disconnected the two aileron servos. Normal service resumed. Next, I connected two..different brand...servos to the aileron leads....NO problem.

The servos were unused,Tower Pro, which I thing I bought from Bangood.

What i do not understand is how when operating the aileron stick, is how these poor servos can affect the other controls.

Anone have any ideas.

Thread: Malta
24/03/2019 10:20:50

Am presently holidaying in Malta. Talking of Rabat, I strongly recommend that on a sunny day you lunch on the large terrace of I'l Vedura, good polite friendly service, good food, lovely pizzas for example and reasonable prices. The view from the terrace is stunning.

Enjoy

Thread: If you only had one engine to use, which one would it be.
10/03/2019 19:06:52

Laser 80. Beautiful motor.. 1st flick starts, runs beautifully, and so quiet. And looks gorgeous.

As a fellow club member remarked, a beautiful motor.

Thread: hobbyking prices
10/03/2019 17:30:16

Me too Ken.

08/03/2019 06:44:55

The low was 1.17

08/03/2019 05:06:07

Dollar Sterling rate is not 1.45, and has not been at that level since the announcement of the Brexit poll. Current level is 1.31.

Thread: DX9 problems
28/02/2019 03:16:53

I purchased my DX9 when they first hit the market.

I have never had an issue with range even wheb flying gliders at a great distance, nor have I experienced any other problems.

in short, I have been delighted with this transmitter and its many features.

Thread: HobbyKing Why did I order from HobbyKing?????
26/02/2019 05:36:03

I must have been using Hobbyking for at least eight years. Many many dozens of orders dring that period, with faultless service.

With the exception of the new website, which is very clunky to say the least, I have nothing but praise for HobbyKing.

Thread: DX9 Owners thread
20/02/2019 19:58:47

Hello Don,

Just checked the alarm setting on my DX9, and it is set at 7.0 volts. Purchased mine when new on the market, so cannot remember wether or not that is the factory setting.

Have to say that with a nominal voltage of 7.4 volts, 6.6 volts seems way to low.

Thread: Carbon spar
19/01/2019 07:19:10

Hello again dennis,

Using my dremel is what I shall do, thank you. With regard to wearing a face mask, that is something that had not crossed my mind, and shall most vertainly follow your advice.

Thank you again.

18/01/2019 21:22:50

Hello,

I have a 12mm carbon rod to be used as a main spar,which I need to cut this to suit. Which type of blade should I use?

Thread: MDS17R/C
15/01/2019 09:49:51

Dennis re the difference between ringed and ABC, that I am well aware.

As I said, I thought that it was an ABC, but I wanted to make sure it wasnt, I believe it is called a lapped piston. as used on smaller engines, and certainly in times past.

Thanks again for your assistance.

15/01/2019 09:25:18

Many thanks for that Dennis. Problem solved. You are undoubtedly a fountain of knowledge.

Will O, I gathered tnat is a powerful little motor. Question, what prop are you running the motor on.

15/01/2019 08:49:24

Hello,

Many years ago, I purchased an MDS17R/C, for future use. This after reading a very good report on this motor by the late Steve Dorling.

I have mislaid the instructions, which I need for running in. To me the motor feels like an ABC setup, which would not require four STROKE breaking in.

Would anyone know wether this motor is fitted with an ABC piston/Liner?

Thread: Hobby King
01/12/2018 13:08:32

Dave Hess,

With reference to H K, having been a customer for the past seven or eight years, I entirely endorse your comments.

Thread: AstroHog tailplane dimensions needed
27/11/2018 18:06:06

HI Marco,

I too have a flair Astro Hogg. Much better than the American kit which deviates in several areas from the original.

Regretfully, I no longer have the plans.

You may already have a motor designated for your model. If not you could do no better than fitting a Laser 80. Makes for a superb combination. With regard to performance, more than enough.

Bon chance.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us