By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Scott Edwards 2

Here is a list of all the postings Scott Edwards 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Andy's Partly-Retrospective PSS Jet Provost Build
25/03/2015 20:27:28

Superb repair skills there ! In some ways it's nice when they get beaten up a bit, it removes some of the stress of flying them to an extent. I've had planes that have been flown inside out, and owe me nothing ! On balance they are the most relaxing to fly.

Anyway ... back to the Tonka now ?

Thread: PSS Tornado F.3
09/03/2015 15:39:45
How the Heck do you get those balsa edges so sharp ? Makes me sick

Magnets - I discovered them a while ago and swear by them. Use them for engine pods, hatches, turrets and all sorts. I go for strong-uns though, normally 10mm x 4mm. I get them from first4magnets.com next day delivery and cheaper than Maplins.
05/03/2015 21:46:34

The 'comedy scale' Lanc is all ready to rock - waiting for the right weather to maiden it .... thats assuming I can lug the thing up the hill ... hmmmmm

img_6641.jpg

05/03/2015 20:35:46

Ahhhh Andy, that quest for perfection of yours is a curse isn't it Sadly I'm blessed with nothing more than mediocre, and am more than happy to settle for average on a good day

The Luftwaffe Petrol Lighter !!! It's going well. This is a PSS Heinkel He 177 project that Andy has kindly attributed that moniker to hahaha ! Very nearly finished the fuzz, I treated myself to an Airbrush, don't know how I lived without one for so long ?!

image25524.jpg

01/03/2015 10:52:37
Ouch, I feel your pain I have the same problem with my PSS Heinkel elevators. Tried the damp it/flatten it/dry it approach with no success. Final hope is to tissue & Poly C it whilst forceing it flat. If that doesn't work ..... back to the building board
19/02/2015 22:29:58
Thanks for the pics of the whole airframe, I've got my 'bearings' now ! What is balsa cement like for planking compared with aliphatic ?
16/02/2015 23:05:44
Damn nice building ! I'm having trouble getting my bearings right though - Could you put a pic up of the whole airframe ?
Thread: Cambria models Funfighters
26/01/2015 21:30:08
Hi Daren,

Brilliant thread, and great to see some new blood and enthusiasm in the kit market.

Fabulous idea for the PSS conversion too ! I've tried other kits for PSS and it's always pot luck if they go well off the slope or not. Some basic conversion instructions to build a proven slope model is a great idea.
Thread: PSS Tornado F.3
11/01/2015 23:07:55
Very impressive work, and a very well spent Christmas break ! Looking forward to seeing it come together.
03/01/2015 10:41:41
Very good looking wing. If all else were to fail, you have a nice Zagi there (apologies for the profanity there)

Looking at the scale photo, my (poor) eye is drawn to the wing root fairings. With wings fully extended these are a very noticeable part of the overall planform. On your wing position tests, these roots are not easily visible on the plan, and could possibly make a difference to the overall visual perception ?
24/12/2014 17:38:15

Looking forward to the first build photos ! Crack on Sir !

Thread: Andy's Partly-Retrospective PSS Jet Provost Build
13/09/2014 13:04:41

Damn fine job ! I don't know why I sound surprised, I expected nothing less hahah

Shame about the Ivinghoe comp today, fingers crossed for a maiden on the 27th

09/05/2014 12:33:12

As ever Blackburn, your building skills make my planes look like they've been sanded down by a blind Hippo with arthritis

I forgive you though, as long as you let me have a go with it

Thread: PSS A-10 Thunderbolt II - build blog
27/01/2014 08:52:52

Staggeringly beautiful work !! Watching with HUGE interest

Thread: Flair Fokker D.VII Build
27/01/2014 08:40:22

I'm a recent convert to Robart pin hinges, didnt use them for years as they looked 'orribly fiddly to line up but they are actually OK. I found you can make the hinge lines exactly on the top of the control surface, which I never managed to do with 'fuzzy' mylar hinges, or flat plastic hinges. The look quite cool too, as in Jeffs wing pic above !

Any more thoughts on the Lozenge pattern Andy, or how to achieve it ?

23/10/2013 22:53:10

Relative to my cockups that only scores 1 out of 10 I'm afraid Just build the starboard aileron in exactly the same way. We shall not judge you.

If its any consolation, I've just built two left hand Lancaster ailerons. Thats a 3 out of 10 on the cockup scale and a full 10 on the nitwit range. I just laughed, drank tea, binned the worst one, and made a right hander, Theres always a way

02/09/2013 08:25:53

Holy Bellcranks Batman !! Golly, must have been designed when servos only came in one size. I suspect bellcranks will be a lost art soon. Watching with interest, and looking forward to seeing those Lozenges (rather you than me though mate ...)

Thread: proxxon tools micro band saw
26/08/2013 14:43:56

I have the 240E and utterly love it. Its small enough to fit under the bench, and light enough to lift onto it when needed. I also have the Proxxon Scroll Saw, but I use that far less than the Band Saw.

You can cut surprisingly tight radii, and trim things remarkeably accurately. I couldnt do without it now. Only downside is that the blades are expensive (£15) and it is for MODEL use only. It loves balsa, but its limit is really 1/4 inch plywood. The 'throat' isnt huge, but its enough, I've churned out 240mm wide formers no problem.

So .... as long as you dont want to cut tree trunks, and treat the blades gently ... its great.

Thread: Flair Fokker D.VII Build
24/08/2013 11:28:11

Watching with interest, and very impressed with those trailing edge scallops !

Thinking ahead ..... Colour scheme ?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us