By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Nigel Day

Here is a list of all the postings Nigel Day has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: This Chip-monk will be praying for help
19/08/2015 19:50:54

Thanks Andy.

'Good look' with the move.

Are you taking the micky out of John S and the other Yorkies here? devil

19/08/2015 09:36:07

Thanks Nev.

18/08/2015 18:07:45

Thanks KC. You don't know that I'm still a (VERY) novice flyer and that the Chippie would have been a little way down my path to flying greatness. smiley There's a foam high wing trainer to go first, then my high wing Barnstormer, then some foamie low wing trainer THEN (possibly) the Chippie.

Thanks Geoff. This part of Cornwall is beautiful at any time of the year but especially now. wink

18/08/2015 14:51:42

Many thanks Colin, John and especially Danny.

This move is stressing me and I will have a lot less room when I get the other end. Since I'd lost my mojo a little for this particular model, selling it seemed the most sensible option.

There's a few watching on EBay. Probably just the entertainment factor. wink

I'll keep my peepers open Danny and as Arnie says, I'll be back....

Thread: EBay Ads by Forum Members
18/08/2015 08:22:16

Moving house (and downsizing) next month so my nearly complete Chipmunk is up for sale.

17/08/2015 15:42:21

Well, our house move is imminent - and it's a downsize .....

We're moving to a smaller place so there's much less maintenance required, inside and out.

The downside is that there will be much less space - and that means an interuption to my modelling until we're i some sort of order.

To that end, I'm knocking the Chipmunk project on the head and seeing if I can sell what I've made so far on EBay.

It's been a great learning exercise and although I didn't reach the covering and detailling stage, it still avjeived many of it's objectives. Some of them included picking up new techniques, getting enjoyment and taking part in Danny's great idea. So thank you Danny for giving me the inspiration and to all of you for your advice and support.

I'll be lurking on here and keeping my peepers open for any further DF-led builds, especially if they involve Spits and Mossies!

Thread: MFs Chipmunk
14/08/2015 10:04:46

Lovely work Martin

Thread: Danny's "poor mans Spitty"
23/07/2015 17:41:27

Have a good holiday Danny. No doubt well-earned!

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
16/07/2015 12:13:09

Jack goes to his friend Mike and says, "I'm sleeping with the priest's wife. Can you hold him in church for an hour after mass for me?"
The friend doesn't like it but being a friend, he agrees.
After mass, he starts talking to the priest, asking him all sorts of stupid questions, just to keep him occupied.
Finally the priest gets annoyed and asks Mike what he's really up to.
Mike, feeling guilty, finally confesses to the priest, "My friend is sleeping with your wife right now, so he asked me to keep you occupied."
The priest smiles, puts a brotherly hand on Mike's shoulder and says, "You'd better hurry home now. My wife died a year ago."

15/07/2015 11:13:53

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! surprise

13/07/2015 11:46:45

My son wanted to know what it was like to live in Greece, so I took his pocket money off him.

09/07/2015 20:26:41

Lovely work Martin.

08/07/2015 08:11:18

Fantastic Danny. I can see the value of all the effort you've put in on the finish.

02/07/2015 14:40:21

Hi Danny.

Thanks for checking up on me.

I'm still alive, still working on the Chippie, albeit a little slowly and half-heartedly. frown

We're still trying to sell our house and I feel a bit in limbo until we've done that. Couple that with my aversion to work and anything which requires real application and you've much of the explanation. I think that I'm destined to be a builder rather than a scale & detail person Master - but that might be affected by the subject I think.

I've no connection to, or special fondness for, the Chipmunk so I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm to do all the faffing jobs now. If it were a Spit, Mossie or similar I suspect that I would be more motivated.

Still, I do want to finish it and have made some progress over the last couple of months.

The tapes are on the rear control surfaces

wp_20150702_14_09_37_pro.jpg

They've taken all my first pack so I won't go on to do the wing tapes as well.

The cowling has been fitted but I need to recess the screws. This afternoon's job is to cut a working hatch in it so the battery can be accessed.

wp_20150702_14_10_10_pro.jpg

After that it's fill in the join between the fin and horizontal stabiliser, fit the wing mounts and move onto the (non-sliding) canopy. That reminds me, I need to find a suitable pilot.

Then it'll be fill and sand everything prior to having a go at glassing. Then it's just the painting and the markings.

I did sort the slop in the aileron operation and flapss now work OK too. Both with only the one servo each.

I've been following your progress (and mag articles) with great interest - and admiration. If/when I do want to go further with some of my detailing for future models, your blog and articles will be a great resource,yes

Nigel

11/06/2015 17:20:20

Very good Ken. You're going to get me into trouble 'cos I can't resist telling SWMBO. laugh

04/06/2015 16:06:22

Lovely work Danny. I won't be going this far for the Chippe but I suspect the technique(s) will come in useful for some of the other models I have in mind. wink

19/05/2015 15:35:30

During my physical examination, my doctor asked me about my physical activity level.
I described a typical day this way:

"Well, yesterday afternoon, I took a five hour walk about 7km through some pretty rough terrain.
I waded along the edge of a lake.
I pushed my way through brambles.
I got sand in my shoes and my eyes.
I avoided standing on a snake.
I climbed several rocky hills.
I took a few 'leaks' behind some big trees.
The mental stress of it all left me shattered.
At the end of it all I drank eight beers"

Inspired by the story, the doctor said, "You must be one hell of an outdoors man!"

"No," I replied, "I'm just a rubbish golfer".

18/05/2015 18:30:53

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 60

1. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

2. With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

3. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

4. Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

18/05/2015 17:26:27

Nice bit of finshing and shaping there Martin.

18/05/2015 11:32:32

Many thanks Danny.

Who's the funny-looking guy in the cockpit? devil

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us