By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Banks 1

Here is a list of all the postings David Banks 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BMFA Website down...?
24/09/2018 19:18:52

I havent been able to access the site for several days.

Windows 10 pro, BT Hub 6, tried Chrome and Edge, also tried on my phone and wifes iPad - no good.

Have cleared cache etc and flushed DNS settings etc and still get the same error message even with open DNS

Joke!

This site can’t provide a secure connection

bmfa.org sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Thread: Dual elevator servos and flap mix - AAARRGGGHHH !
18/04/2017 22:17:18

Thanks guys - looks like I cant do what's suggested.

Only aux2 and aux3 show as available channels to use a slaves for elevator and I have used those for the two flap servos and two aileron servos leaving no options. Aux 4 doesnt show as an option anywhere? I need all 3 aux channels to show as options for that to work.

I think I have found a workaround - I have mixed ele and aux4 - that got the two elevators working.

Then I mixed left flap with left ele and right flap with right ele and playing with the % I now get down ele with flaps.

It's a very old DSX9 - maybe thats the problem? Must be 10 years old !!

Thanks for all your help. Maybe time for an upgrade.

18/04/2017 20:50:38

Aux 4 switch is inhibited

I tried to mate in the high level menu but the only option to mate with Ele channel is Rudder ?

I havent tried the Flaperon option yet

Thanks for your suggestions

18/04/2017 20:07:42

DSX9 - I am using 2 servos - one on each elevator - by having a mix between ELE & AUX4. Works great!

I want to add 5% down elevator at half flap and 10% down at full flap.

I have activated the FLAP SYS in the menus but when I add the 5% and 10% and lower the flaps it only gives the down elevator trim to one elevator! The one on the ELE channel - the AUX4 side doesnt move.

I have tried all sorts inc threats about F#T#B# and swearing at it

Am I missing something or is there a better way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

Thread: New Ripmax Jive
20/09/2013 17:36:56

I know this is a pretty old thread but I have just finished putting together a Jive - electric version with the biggest lipo I can physically squeeze in and I am going to have to add 200 grammes of dead weight to the nose to get the CofG in the correct place!!!

Is that normal ?? I havent added anything to the tail and everything is as far forwards as it physically can be.

It seems a shame to have a nice light model then add half the church roof to the nose ??

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!