By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Banks 1

Here is a list of all the postings David Banks 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BMFA Website down...?
24/09/2018 19:18:52

I havent been able to access the site for several days.

Windows 10 pro, BT Hub 6, tried Chrome and Edge, also tried on my phone and wifes iPad - no good.

Have cleared cache etc and flushed DNS settings etc and still get the same error message even with open DNS

Joke!

This site can’t provide a secure connection

bmfa.org sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Thread: Dual elevator servos and flap mix - AAARRGGGHHH !
18/04/2017 22:17:18

Thanks guys - looks like I cant do what's suggested.

Only aux2 and aux3 show as available channels to use a slaves for elevator and I have used those for the two flap servos and two aileron servos leaving no options. Aux 4 doesnt show as an option anywhere? I need all 3 aux channels to show as options for that to work.

I think I have found a workaround - I have mixed ele and aux4 - that got the two elevators working.

Then I mixed left flap with left ele and right flap with right ele and playing with the % I now get down ele with flaps.

It's a very old DSX9 - maybe thats the problem? Must be 10 years old !!

Thanks for all your help. Maybe time for an upgrade.

18/04/2017 20:50:38

Aux 4 switch is inhibited

I tried to mate in the high level menu but the only option to mate with Ele channel is Rudder ?

I havent tried the Flaperon option yet

Thanks for your suggestions

18/04/2017 20:07:42

DSX9 - I am using 2 servos - one on each elevator - by having a mix between ELE & AUX4. Works great!

I want to add 5% down elevator at half flap and 10% down at full flap.

I have activated the FLAP SYS in the menus but when I add the 5% and 10% and lower the flaps it only gives the down elevator trim to one elevator! The one on the ELE channel - the AUX4 side doesnt move.

I have tried all sorts inc threats about F#T#B# and swearing at it

Am I missing something or is there a better way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

Thread: New Ripmax Jive
20/09/2013 17:36:56

I know this is a pretty old thread but I have just finished putting together a Jive - electric version with the biggest lipo I can physically squeeze in and I am going to have to add 200 grammes of dead weight to the nose to get the CofG in the correct place!!!

Is that normal ?? I havent added anything to the tail and everything is as far forwards as it physically can be.

It seems a shame to have a nice light model then add half the church roof to the nose ??

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us