By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Colin Carpenter

Here is a list of all the postings Colin Carpenter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Model Retrieval (or not)?
11/10/2019 21:50:24

My club usually pays tree surgeon £20 for shinning up a tree 🌲! Very helpful chaps. Buys em lunch 🥗😂😂

Thread: Found in a field!
03/10/2019 19:07:20

Reminds me of earlier in the year when we heard a Chinook approaching us from behind and much louder then normal . It soon arrived literally at treetop height , sounding a bit rough , and loosing height ! We all expected the worst but it seemed to pull up and dropped several fields away ! No explosion and nothing in the news so I guess all was well ! We were concerned though as all the swear words showed 😫😫😫 Colin

Thread: Model shops, SW England
02/10/2019 19:53:21

AK Rc model shop Teignmouth ! Nr Morrison’s. Going November to stay In Shaldon so will visit it for the first time myself ! Colin

Thread: Hobbyking Voltigeur
22/09/2019 14:08:44

Club mate had one of the first ! I took the maiden and had no problems until after 4 minutes all control was lost and it nosedived and broke into large pieces ! Examination showed no reason - everything worked still. Being a foamie he he repaired it ! Second flight ditto !!😨😨 A lot of discussion and web searching followed ! He changed the original ESC and bingo !! Been ok ever since !😇 So change the speedo straight away ! Colin

Thread: Indoor model anybody?
13/09/2019 16:25:53

MaxG is correct ! Heli flying makes use of rudder especially in a small space ! This skill transfers directly into fixed wing ! The Blade 70 is a fine fixed pitch Heli but is not Spektrum compatible . The Nano is not much more money and if you own a Spekkie tx is a better long term buy. ! The WL Toys are excellent value and although none fly in my group , I have flown one and they are great ! Go for it !!!😁 Colin

13/09/2019 14:25:01

I've run indoor flying in a small village hall in Wiltshire for quite a few years . Too small for fixed wing apart from Vapours . We have all been through the cheap drones and helix and now use Blade products almost exclusively ! They last ! I guess we have Nanos and Inductrix's that have done 200 flights each ! Hope this is useful ! Colin

Thread: Max Thrust Riot - Upgrades
28/08/2019 18:39:07

Mines got 204 recorded flights ! Many others before I started a log ! Motors been replaced but all other electronics are original. Spekkie 4ch Rx fits ok. Lights pulled out - couldn't see them most of the time ! Axles changed for cap head bolts. Screws in uc mount tapped out for 3mm bolts ! Got a few scrapes and weak tail prongs reglued. Excellent value for money in my opinion and you can teach yourself to fly with it !! I did !! Colin

Thread: Hospitalised, my own fault - but ?
08/08/2019 14:18:58

Sympathies Colin ! That's a huge bandage. ! Saw something similar few years ago and he lacerated his wrist too ! Amazingly , that's the only time SWMBO has been at the patch , and having been the top St John's cadet centuries ago !! she took control and bandaged him up and drove to A and E !! Then , last year I had to do similar to chap who put his fingers through four stroke prop ! He's got bent finger now !!! Touch wood I've been ok last 50 years ! Colin

Thread: CofG
04/07/2019 17:17:46

Peter. I take it it's a 30 E if you are using 4S ? I have 4 Sebbie 30 planes and usually get 5 minutes whatever I fly like. My SBach uses 3000 4S and don't push it much beyond 5 ! Not a Hacker motor though ! Have just purchased a mint secondhand Angel flown with a 13/6-5 prop and expected a longer flighttime ! Nope ! Just enjoy a superb plane and land safely !!😍😍😍 Colin

Thread: Switching Brand
20/06/2019 11:55:10

One for Spectrum ! Use orange and lemon Rx no problems ! Dx9 most used radio in 51 years ! Off to the Anderson in the garden now ! Tin hats everyone ! Colin

Thread: Foam2Foam glue
19/06/2019 18:11:17

George. I and other club members use F2F for repairs , construction ! Leave to dry for 24 hrs ! Highly recommended ! Colin

Thread: DX9 Owners thread
18/06/2019 13:11:22

Don. Mines nearly as old as yours and works perfectly ! No sign of pot wear in use. If it ain't broke don't fix it ! It's has as much use as all other brands of tx over last 50 years ( retirement ! ) ! Love it ! Colin

Thread: CofG
14/06/2019 14:02:43

My Sebbie SBach 30 e flies absolutely neutral with the CG close to the manual indication ! No nasties whatsoever as do my Angel , Mytho and recently sold , Shark ! Colin

Thread: Electric Motor 'clunk' When Opening Throttle
04/06/2019 16:15:18

Got the same set up in a Wots Wot and I have noticed something similar . Got 70 flights on it and nothings happened yet ! Carry on regardless !! 😀😀

Thread: Indoors Today!
02/05/2019 19:07:03

Love the Jav ! Can just see the Sabrina's !!!!! 😋😋

Thread: Motor pulsing
30/04/2019 16:38:00

Could be cogging .Seen this several times recently and was dodgy connectors on motor or ESC ! Colin

Thread: Century Evolution 180
19/04/2019 16:45:06

There have been quite a few of these in use in my Friday Heli club over the years. Differing brand names. Cannot remember the bind process now . All flew the same in the village hall . Controllable in small tx movements . Not enough authority outside in any breeze . Responsive enough to learn on and then go CP ! Colin

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
16/04/2019 16:03:32

Thanks JD 8. Don't think it's tip stalling. Probably just a function of too steep an approach from flaps ! Only one landing with flaps / no flaps so far so early days ! Real problem is that crap colour !😥 I have a Freewing Mosquito which tip stalled in under a circuit when power pulled back so that's getting reflex plus stabilization ! Must stop being attracted to planes that fly on US model runways with large airspace .I fly on a postage stamp surrounded by hedges and trees !😣😣 Colin

11/04/2019 13:48:33

Maidened this Arrows Bearcat today. Bit of a handful despite adding 2oz lead upfront. Needs more! Had already taken the precaution of using small control movements but they needed further reduction. Still ! 3 flights and still in one piece. Flaps bring it down nearly vertical but it still stalls last 18 inches despite throttle management. Real problem is I can’t tell what it’s doing despite adding more orange on tail and wingtips! Invasion stripes next ! 😳Colin

11/04/2019 13:44:02

0bf53553-a471-45ab-9529-a71457079134.jpeg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us