By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Colin Carpenter

Here is a list of all the postings Colin Carpenter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hospitalised, my own fault - but ?
08/08/2019 14:18:58

Sympathies Colin ! That's a huge bandage. ! Saw something similar few years ago and he lacerated his wrist too ! Amazingly , that's the only time SWMBO has been at the patch , and having been the top St John's cadet centuries ago !! she took control and bandaged him up and drove to A and E !! Then , last year I had to do similar to chap who put his fingers through four stroke prop ! He's got bent finger now !!! Touch wood I've been ok last 50 years ! Colin

Thread: CofG
04/07/2019 17:17:46

Peter. I take it it's a 30 E if you are using 4S ? I have 4 Sebbie 30 planes and usually get 5 minutes whatever I fly like. My SBach uses 3000 4S and don't push it much beyond 5 ! Not a Hacker motor though ! Have just purchased a mint secondhand Angel flown with a 13/6-5 prop and expected a longer flighttime ! Nope ! Just enjoy a superb plane and land safely !!😍😍😍 Colin

Thread: Switching Brand
20/06/2019 11:55:10

One for Spectrum ! Use orange and lemon Rx no problems ! Dx9 most used radio in 51 years ! Off to the Anderson in the garden now ! Tin hats everyone ! Colin

Thread: Foam2Foam glue
19/06/2019 18:11:17

George. I and other club members use F2F for repairs , construction ! Leave to dry for 24 hrs ! Highly recommended ! Colin

Thread: DX9 Owners thread
18/06/2019 13:11:22

Don. Mines nearly as old as yours and works perfectly ! No sign of pot wear in use. If it ain't broke don't fix it ! It's has as much use as all other brands of tx over last 50 years ( retirement ! ) ! Love it ! Colin

Thread: CofG
14/06/2019 14:02:43

My Sebbie SBach 30 e flies absolutely neutral with the CG close to the manual indication ! No nasties whatsoever as do my Angel , Mytho and recently sold , Shark ! Colin

Thread: Electric Motor 'clunk' When Opening Throttle
04/06/2019 16:15:18

Got the same set up in a Wots Wot and I have noticed something similar . Got 70 flights on it and nothings happened yet ! Carry on regardless !! 😀😀

Thread: Indoors Today!
02/05/2019 19:07:03

Love the Jav ! Can just see the Sabrina's !!!!! 😋😋

Thread: Motor pulsing
30/04/2019 16:38:00

Could be cogging .Seen this several times recently and was dodgy connectors on motor or ESC ! Colin

Thread: Century Evolution 180
19/04/2019 16:45:06

There have been quite a few of these in use in my Friday Heli club over the years. Differing brand names. Cannot remember the bind process now . All flew the same in the village hall . Controllable in small tx movements . Not enough authority outside in any breeze . Responsive enough to learn on and then go CP ! Colin

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
16/04/2019 16:03:32

Thanks JD 8. Don't think it's tip stalling. Probably just a function of too steep an approach from flaps ! Only one landing with flaps / no flaps so far so early days ! Real problem is that crap colour !😥 I have a Freewing Mosquito which tip stalled in under a circuit when power pulled back so that's getting reflex plus stabilization ! Must stop being attracted to planes that fly on US model runways with large airspace .I fly on a postage stamp surrounded by hedges and trees !😣😣 Colin

11/04/2019 13:48:33

Maidened this Arrows Bearcat today. Bit of a handful despite adding 2oz lead upfront. Needs more! Had already taken the precaution of using small control movements but they needed further reduction. Still ! 3 flights and still in one piece. Flaps bring it down nearly vertical but it still stalls last 18 inches despite throttle management. Real problem is I can’t tell what it’s doing despite adding more orange on tail and wingtips! Invasion stripes next ! 😳Colin

11/04/2019 13:44:02

0bf53553-a471-45ab-9529-a71457079134.jpeg

Thread: WLTOYS V912 tail rotor problems
02/04/2019 21:01:57

I have flown one of these and was impressed for the £50 the owner paid . If everything passes a visual inspection and the tail rotor hasn't pushed down the motor shaft stopping it rotating , then pop in a spare parts motor. Seem to be about a £5 !! Colin

Thread: Lipos ?
28/03/2019 11:25:31

Got a few in use in my club. So far so good for normal flying . Colin

Thread: Does your club prohibit the use of after-market receivers?
20/03/2019 14:43:35

Certainly not. Lots of Lemon / Orange in use and no problems ! All receivers suffer from breakage of the insulation where they exit the Rx box ! As we are predominantly Spekkie , that's what we see. A bit of hot glue helps a lot I find plus straws for the long co-ax leads in Lemons ! Frequent examination helps too . Colin

Thread: Spektrum Radio repairs ?
19/03/2019 20:37:29

I sent a Hitec Rx back to Perkins for the same problem . Beyond economic repair was the answer ! Colin

Thread: Acrowot Foam -E thrustline
15/03/2019 16:46:18

Agreed ! Watch when you replace the wood in the foam as it compresses over time and thrust line changes and it feels like radio failure ! Mine eventually went in about 290 flights in despite reglueing ! Colin

Thread: Gone,but not forgotten kit mfg
15/03/2019 14:17:27

Ah yes ! Morley Helicopters ! Maurice Tait and I formed Bath Heli Club on 84/5 and I last saw him a few years ago living in Sherborne , Dorset . I flew (badly ) for Morley at shows in the 80's ! The Hughes flew well when set up , no doubt the weight helped ! They seemed easy in comparison to today's 3D choppers 😂😂 Colin

Thread: Winters Here Who's Been Flying ?
24/02/2019 15:40:23

Well ! 24th February and summers arrived ! Fog early but by 11 am it's gone and it's shirtsleeve order and it feels very warm. A good turnout of 8 members and no crashes ! Long may it last ! At least till Wednesday 😁😁😁😉 Colin

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us