By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Colin Carpenter

Here is a list of all the postings Colin Carpenter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Repairing a 3D Angel "Jigsaw"
04/12/2019 18:17:23

Phil ! How’s it progressing ? Colin

Thread: Max Thrust Riot - Upgrades
04/12/2019 08:36:38

Thanks for that Denis ! Amongst my group of fliers I’m the only one that seems to have no reliability problems. Club mate had his third crash yesterday after an earlier glitch. Flew straight and level into the bushes 😩Tx back to service agent twice and they can find nowt wrong. 🍋Rx in all planes going in ! I use them and have had no problems on oo’s of flights ! Dunno ! I’m aware that all foamies gear is basically rubbish but how do you explain some people always having trouble and others don’t ? Dunno ! In boating you could look inside a model and see who would have trouble but all foamies are pre installed ! Colin

03/12/2019 17:45:13

My original Riot is still flying on all original hardware ! A clubmate got a V2 spare fus and we had the pushrod problem but easily rectified ! Today the ESC failed completely on its second flight and wallop ! That was a Mk 1 ESC but it's only done less than 100 trips ! Because he's a learner and flies on a fixed throttle setting I wonder if it helps it fry  ! My throttle use is up and down like a yo yo flying aerobatics and no problems ??? Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 03/12/2019 17:46:04

Thread: Arrows T28
03/12/2019 15:27:28

John ! I've got the Bearcat and that needs lead right up front . It flies beautifully like that but take off and landings need short ,dry grass ! With flaps deployed it descends like an elevator , but always tip stalls a foot from the ground ! I roll it on flapless. Colin

03/12/2019 08:31:08

R C Groups I’m sure have a thread on this plane ! Colin

Thread: Winter is here....who's been flying?
02/12/2019 17:13:02

Out at 9 am in zero degrees , brilliant sunshine, no wind. Lovely flying weather !🌞🌞4 out by 9-30 and no crashes. A new Roc Edge flies well enough but there’s a glitch which occurred 3 times on 4 flight so I got it down for its owner ! No damage but no idea as to what’s wrong from quick inspection ! He’s got a bit of detective work ! My new EFlite Mig 15 is a little beauty ! Colin

Thread: Easy Street 2
29/11/2019 16:41:55

We put u/c on his ! He found it stalled for a pastime ! Removed it and he can manage quick greasers now !😂😂😂 Colin

29/11/2019 15:40:10

Club mates got one. Front bulkhead is very weak. Flies ok but quickly. Not his favourite ! Colin

Thread: Dynham Corsair
27/11/2019 19:58:44

Over 200 pages on RC Groups ! Colin

Thread: Foam Model Repair
14/11/2019 14:29:12

I have just rebuilt a front end of a Visionaire where a burning esc melted the nose left side completely! If the missing foam is non structural then lightweight filler from a diy store will do. Then just sand and paint. Otherwise scrounge bits of foam from fellow flyers to shape and glue in. Colin

13/11/2019 19:59:32

Cracking job ! I would have purchased a new one !😂😂

Thread: Flight Controllers
10/11/2019 18:19:47

Agreed. Lemon Rx stabs/Rx in use amongst my fellow flyers with excellent results and no fuss setting up ! Colin

Thread: Autumn is here...you been flying ?
07/11/2019 15:09:03

It might have to come to that , Brian ! I’ll wait till I have to get a dinghy to get from the car to the flightline !🤪🤪🤪😂😂Colin

07/11/2019 14:24:16

Monday and Wednesday! Field saturated but to my surprise my Sebart SBach took off and landed no prob !!!💦💦😂😂👍

07/11/2019 10:09:21

Canopy is only an acetate material. Get some sheet and bend it with heat and glue and shape. Look ok I’m sure. Keep up good work. Colin

07/11/2019 08:16:01

Well Phil , that cowl doesn't look too bad from pic ! You've got half of it ! How come it's not in pieces if the woodworks that smashed ? Colin

05/11/2019 08:20:26

Excellent work . I take it there's nothing left of the cowl ? Dumfries models may keep them ??? Colin

03/11/2019 17:29:05

With 3 Sebart 30’s in the hangar and 1 foamie , I think the secret of longevity is to stick to Sebs power train , and to keep the speed down in the dive ! Not only did my Shark disintegrate in mid air , a club mates Angel 50 had the mount disintegrate on landing as it touched down ! A bit of mount reinforcement doesn’t go amiss ! But they are beautiful flyers ! Colin

03/11/2019 09:08:26

All credit to you for attempting this ! Looking forward to the reconstruction ! Reminds me of my Sebart Shark where the motor mount delaminated in mid air 😨 . I thought the spinner had come adrift , cut the throttle immediately and started a deadstick. As it got nearer we could see the motor hanging out the front of the fuselage . All the bits were in the bottom of the cowl so I was able to reconstruct it for a pattern. It was an early version bought secondhand . Never flown ! There were no gussets behind the mount and I rebuilt it adding some. The cowl had bits broken , but as a boat racer used to rebuilding grp hulls , this didn't present a problem. Flew perfectly when rebuilt. Colin

Thread: How far do you travel to fly at your club?
20/10/2019 12:20:02

5 miles , about 8 minutes . Next nearest is 25 miles , three quarters of an hour travel ! I can get to my field and fly a couple of helis and be back home before I get to the other patch. 😁😁

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us