By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Colin Carpenter

Here is a list of all the postings Colin Carpenter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: CAA registration take-up?
17/01/2020 10:32:10

We must all be asking the same question? Where have they all come from bearing in mind I thought there were only 40k of us old farts flying!! Colin

Thread: EPO Glue.
16/01/2020 12:11:45

De Lux Materials Foam 2 Foam. Assemble wet , clamp leave 24. Recommended and also great for repairs. Colin

Thread: battery c rating
08/01/2020 17:49:38

I purchased an FMS Avanti EDF for 4s. Try as I might with 4s lipos that gave excellent performance on aerobatic prop planes it wouldn't get off the ground ! 2 new higher C rating lipos later and bingo !!! Success !!Try what you have in stock but dont yank it off if the runway end is approaching ! Keep spending !😨😨😨😨😨😨 Colin

Thread: Max Thrust Riot - Upgrades
06/01/2020 16:11:30

A bit off the Riot topic , but I have a Pelikan Ballet . It’s a ST Models Acrobat in a different colour scheme. About flight 70 the motor gave out ! A direct replacement motor was about £60 ! Wasn’t paying that when it only cost £113 😤. I had an Extreme Flight PA 40 motor hanging around so fitted that ! As far as I can tell it flies the same ! I wouldn’t have paid more than 20 quid to remotor a foamie so I’m happy with how it’s turned out ! ST make the Acrowot Foam E and the Ballet has the same awful battery loading system ! Flys great though ! Foamies are like cheap shoes. You don’t bother getting them repaired 😂😂😂😂. Colin

Thread: Frustrated by the weather then try this....
06/01/2020 10:51:17

Is it a Camel ? 😂😂

Thread: Max Thrust Riot - Upgrades
04/01/2020 18:43:39

Excellent Keith ! Tongue in cheek hence silly emojis !! 🤓🤓I fly from a small patch with obstructions on all sides and a Riot is what we recommend to a newcomer. There a quite a few and I can only think of one on 4s ! I fly Sebarts these days but the Riot is what got me into aerobatics in a F3A smooth style ! It’s still in my storage shed biding it’s time ! An interesting thread ! Colin

04/01/2020 16:23:35

I would just buy an Acrowot Foam E ! Superb performance out of the box ! Off to the bunker now !💀💀💀💀 Colin. 😩😨😨😨

Thread: AS3X RX/SMART
31/12/2019 14:30:14

No from memory 10 complete movements ! Was 3_4 years ago. The owner gave up and fitted a lemon rx !

31/12/2019 14:07:34

Had similar problems with a Sukhoi. Try doubling switch movement ! Colin

Thread: AND finally.....the 'Mini Jet' TSR2
30/12/2019 16:30:46

Well done ! Roly Beamont always said it was a remarkable airframe ! Colin

Thread: Greetings from the land of Oz
24/12/2019 12:05:23

Welcome ! Fascinating stuff !! Used to enjoy the reviews of radio sets back in the 70's ! Keep us up with progress please ! Colin

Thread: DX8e wont menu scroll fully, any ideas.
22/12/2019 15:57:29

Not under guarantee?

Thread: wont start
22/12/2019 15:08:13

Yes ! Those five vertical bars when lit indicate RF is transmiting ! No lights no work ! Simples !!😁😁 Not enough knowledge of JR type tx I'm afraid ! 😟😟. Colin

22/12/2019 14:43:12

Do you have a DX 7 black version or the older JR looking tx ? The newer versions have vertical orange lit bars above neck strap clip indicating RF being transmitted ! Not sure about the older version I'm afraid ! Colin

22/12/2019 14:12:08

Trevor. Are the orange bars on on face lit up ? These indicate the RF board is transmiting . If not , the boards gone west and nowt will work. RF boards were a known Spekkie problem years ago. Colin

Thread: HobbyKing Bixler v2 setup
22/12/2019 13:54:35

Tony. If you think your new rx is at fault , standard procedure is to substitute a known working rx , to ascertain if indeed the new one is not working correctly ! Colin

Thread: Autumn is here...you been flying ?
19/12/2019 12:08:13

My log shows only two days out in December . 2 wasted journeys because of fog coming down in minutes ! It's been rubbish weather since late September ! Yesterday I left her home with ice on the ground and 5 miles /minutes later at the field ice had disappeared and it was blowing hard ! Tried UMX Mig 15 but no fun so went home ! No sign of any highest with sun and no wind 😤😤😤😨😨 . Colin

Thread: The Few Are One Fewer
10/12/2019 14:13:47

Yes ! Condolences to family ! We will never see their like again and I hope we never need to ! Just my opinion , but this was possibly the most important battle fought by our armed forces. It ranks alongside the Armada , Trafalgar , Waterloo !Thankfully our engineers , RAF Commanders , Pilots etc formed a cohesive team that just managed to defend our country ! Other opinions are available !😈😈 Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 10/12/2019 14:14:17

Thread: Intermittent Throttle Mystery on Spektrum 1S Indoor Receiver
08/12/2019 10:19:51

I agree with that Don !😎We fly a lot of Blade Is helis and quads on Fridays and these cells can be quite annoying ! One week they're ok and next week - clapped out. I buy them from HK when on offer and hope I get 6-12 months from them ! Mark them up so they can be identified ! Colin

Thread: Repairing a 3D Angel "Jigsaw"
04/12/2019 18:17:23

Phil ! How’s it progressing ? Colin

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us