By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john stones 1

Here is a list of all the postings john stones 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Canadair F4 Sabre XB812
11/11/2019 17:24:51

Good read Chris. yes
your pins are differing colours, it cause you any distress ? wink

Thread: Cremation, or Composting ?
11/11/2019 16:14:39

Yep, it not like the "Developed/Civilised" Countries ever polluted is it.

Cremate I think and a few solemn words.sad

Thread: Lest We Forget.
11/11/2019 15:59:06

When I wor a lad.... There was always the parade through our village, people just stood there quietly and respectfully as it passed, your Dad might go for a pint as you went home, I miss those days.

Today it seems to me to have been hijacked, and not for the better.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
10/11/2019 21:43:46
Posted by ken anderson. on 10/11/2019 21:21:58:

wonder what's happening in the real world, how its all been interpreted,since my earlier post seems i'm not the only one slightly confused?...……. my sympathy go's out to all committees of clubs who are BMFA affiliated, they need to have 100% clarification.....how to proceed on sub's night's...….

ken anderson...ne...1..clarification dept.

I'm on a committee Ken, this is no big deal, life will go on.

10/11/2019 21:41:46
Posted by funflyerColin on 10/11/2019 21:09:49:

Hello John, tbh i deffinatly agree with you there.

i think i will stay away from these new reg threads, what with family matters and health i haven't flown this year club and BMFA fees paid, am itching to test fly some large aircraft. I think i will stop watching an follow more productive threads instead of all this to put it politely rubbish.

Wise move Colin, soon be Spring, take care. yes

10/11/2019 20:45:04

Keep calm and carry on Colin.

These threads do more harm than good, but that's just my opinion.

No matter how many times the BMFA offer reassurance, ever little iota gets picked over endlessly, in a negative manner, how many people will have given up in despair, by the time we've finished ?

Talk your hobby up for a change.

10/11/2019 20:05:10

Will the BMFA be offering councelling for the trauma suffered ?

09/11/2019 19:07:49

May be other boats along in the future.

Thread: Autumn is here...you been flying ?
09/11/2019 17:07:46

**LINK**

09/11/2019 14:25:11
Posted by Peter Christy on 09/11/2019 14:22:41:

Well, there's the stated purpose and the intended purpose, and as with most government schemes, its often difficult to distinguish if the two are the same!

My point is that if the vast bulk of registrations come from the associations, it will raise the question of why the DfT / CAAis bothering at all, as it will just be a duplication of effort.

I believe we may be in danger of undermining the negotiating power of our associations if too many members register directly with the CAA.

--

Pete

yes

09/11/2019 14:22:12

You need a hobby lads. crook

Thread: CAA BMFA
09/11/2019 14:13:21

Comments a general one Gary, not a personal one.

There'll be those who don't have an A, so your learning the ropes is no bad thing.

09/11/2019 13:45:41

Feels a bit like a missed opportunity to me, some have been asking for distance between "Us n Them" you've been decrying the numbers the authorities predict, you where asking for your record and achievement scheme to be recognised in your favour, now you're not using that route yourself, patience is not a virtue then ?

What might happen next year ? I dunno, but promote our strengths, stick together, brag about our achievement scheme for being more rigorous than the online test, use it, get it's foot in the door for the future. When the BMFA fights your corner after 4 years of being told they're doing it wrong, what do we do, ignore what they won for us, and ask why they bothered ?

08/11/2019 22:22:12
Posted by Jason-I on 08/11/2019 22:16:23:
Posted by john stones 1 on 08/11/2019 21:54:25:

What if someone who knows you, goes rogue and uses your details on the INSIDE of their drone to commit a crime ? it's a jungle out there, can't be too careful you know. wink

Your right. Nothing for it but to jack it all in and flog all my models.....

Nah, carry on doing something you enjoy.

08/11/2019 21:54:25
Posted by Jason-I on 08/11/2019 21:37:30:
Posted by john stones 1 on 08/11/2019 21:30:46:
Posted by Jason-I on 08/11/2019 21:24:41:

The registration number is so they can track us down if we carry out criminal activities with our model aircraft. Why would anybody want to put that number anywhere on constant view such that real criminals can copy the number and then use it on their own gatwick attack drones?

Anyway, I've already cut out the middle man. Instead of using a dumb number that the police have to look up on a database to find out who it belong to, I've just written my name and phone number on the inside of all my models.. Who would have thought such a simple solution exists.

If someone knows you and your address/phone number, they could use your details when committing a crime. kulou

Hence the reason it's on the INSIDE!

What if someone who knows you, goes rogue and uses your details on the INSIDE of their drone to commit a crime ? it's a jungle out there, can't be too careful you know. wink

08/11/2019 21:30:46
Posted by Jason-I on 08/11/2019 21:24:41:

The registration number is so they can track us down if we carry out criminal activities with our model aircraft. Why would anybody want to put that number anywhere on constant view such that real criminals can copy the number and then use it on their own gatwick attack drones?

Anyway, I've already cut out the middle man. Instead of using a dumb number that the police have to look up on a database to find out who it belong to, I've just written my name and phone number on the inside of all my models.. Who would have thought such a simple solution exists.

If someone knows you and your address/phone number, they could use your details when committing a crime. kulou

08/11/2019 20:19:40
Posted by tigerman on 08/11/2019 20:06:04:

If you are worried about putting your reg number on the outside of the model ( I am not going to bother ,who is going to go around and check )Do what my mates do in the USA and put your number on the back of the prop !!!!!!

If your numbers 12 6 it may already be on the front. wink

Thread: Good news thread.
08/11/2019 20:02:38

Spotted the fault Devcon.

Bad photo. wink

08/11/2019 20:01:26
Posted by Don Fry on 08/11/2019 19:53:36:

Short, excess solder, bottom right?

John, sorry about your lad. Strange Autumn. In a statistically impossible set of strange seasons. I'm watching my river. Am I right, it's the second time in three? years that area has been done by fast flows off the hills.

10 years ago, he tells me, not as bad this time and not as many affected, insurance was more difficult after the last time, so that could be fun for him, not. It's only stuff and can be replaced, and my dogs got someone to play with now. cat

08/11/2019 19:41:32

Nah, can't see the problem, but glad your sorted.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us