By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john stones 1

Here is a list of all the postings john stones 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
06/06/2019 19:27:01

Thick skin Gonzo, you'll need better than that. "cosy warm feeling of complying" dear me.

I intend to follow what the BMFA says about the way forward, and help where I can.

Moneys tight for me, still will carry on though, jump through hoops, yep will do that as well, nothing new.

Enhance the BMFAs negotiating position, well I'll not flatter myself there, I reckon they did the best they could, can't have been much fun posting the last update, I appreciate their efforts myself.

You lads thinking of having a slogan ? "Take back control" maybe.

06/06/2019 18:24:36
Posted by Jason-I on 06/06/2019 18:15:21:

If all BMFA members paid £5 into a pot as a bursary for any member that gets fined, then I'm sure that pot would last an awfully long time, and work out far, far cheaper that the fee for the gold plated registration scheme......

Will your flying stuff be confiscated, at the scene of the crime, will it be returned after payment of fine ?

Asking for a friend.

06/06/2019 18:08:25
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 06/06/2019 18:01:11:
Posted by john stones 1 on 06/06/2019 17:40:59:
Posted by Gary Manuel on 06/06/2019 13:03:41:
Posted by Jason-I on 06/06/2019 12:13:46:
Posted by john stones 1 on 06/06/2019 11:17:06:

If we withhold payement, we can't fly, if we can't fly, we get no members, what happens to our club ? who pays for the grass cuts, and maintenance. Show me "The plan".

Register as a pilot (free): Check

Take the stupid test (free) to 'prove' you are safe: Check

Put your contact details on all your models so plod can track you down: Check

Insurance through BMFA: Check

Fly at a permitted location: Check

Then go fly. You are registered and you can be tracked down by the details on your model. That's compliant enough with the law for me. Anything else is just an unfair tax that should not be entertained.

Edited By Jason-I on 06/06/2019 12:14:02

Sounds like a plan to me.

Is there a risk of me getting my collar felt, for not stumping up the money ?

Flying a UAV not carrying the marking of a valid, registered operator?

Cheers Bob, so are we crowd funding, to pay any fines some one may get lumbered with ?

06/06/2019 18:04:49
Posted by GONZO on 06/06/2019 12:39:39:

John, we all know your position. You will pay the fee and be a good order follower. That's your choice. Others here are of a different mind and I have been trying to make suggestions, like others, of ways to circumvent and not break the rules/laws at least initially. I know you think it is a meaningless gesture to not pay but if they don't get the income for the first couple of years then they will have to reconsider.

Doc, absolutely. In any conflict it's the good guys who are the first to die.

Gonzo we know you intend not to pay, and will slip the odd little snipe in "Be a good order follower" would it be O.K if I ask questions about your suggestions ? You lads come up with something other than "If we don't pay they will have to reconsider" offer something thought through, and explain how we protect our infrastructure in the meantime, If not, all I see is toys being chucked out the pram.

06/06/2019 17:40:59
Posted by Gary Manuel on 06/06/2019 13:03:41:
Posted by Jason-I on 06/06/2019 12:13:46:
Posted by john stones 1 on 06/06/2019 11:17:06:

If we withhold payement, we can't fly, if we can't fly, we get no members, what happens to our club ? who pays for the grass cuts, and maintenance. Show me "The plan".

Register as a pilot (free): Check

Take the stupid test (free) to 'prove' you are safe: Check

Put your contact details on all your models so plod can track you down: Check

Insurance through BMFA: Check

Fly at a permitted location: Check

Then go fly. You are registered and you can be tracked down by the details on your model. That's compliant enough with the law for me. Anything else is just an unfair tax that should not be entertained.

Edited By Jason-I on 06/06/2019 12:14:02

Sounds like a plan to me.

Is there a risk of me getting my collar felt, for not stumping up the money ?

06/06/2019 12:14:24

All go sub 250g ? meh.

Free flight ? against our lease, our free flight lads have lost most of the venues they used.

Owt else ?

06/06/2019 11:33:24

Selective vision ? answer the simple questions asked of you.

Will you still be paying your BMFA/club fee, you're arguing about weight limits and if buts and maybe's. Give us something to work with, I see nothing.

06/06/2019 11:17:06

Still saying the same things, but not explaining how we deal with the consequences.

06/06/2019 11:09:31
Posted by ken anderson. on 06/06/2019 10:31:30:

whatever comes in we'll have to obey and stick to it...pay up,and participate, there's no alternative, apart from ceasing to fly RC models.

not obeying, paying or registering is all breaking the laws as they will be..... and so clubs who have members doing so will be allowing and putting themselves in a risky situation. Our club BVRMC has a licence from our council and in it, it states that to be allowed to fly at the site we must obey/comply to the current rules and regs in force, as well as be a member of the BMFA.

we also fly in controlled airspace, so breaking any rules will make us a prime candidate for getting thrown off the site(we've only been there since the 60's)last century.

the thread is getting tedious again with the don't pay, register lads.....I would say that would be a definite no,no..at the end of the day, common sense has to prevail as we go in to a new era of RC flying...

ken anderson...me..1...no no dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 06/06/2019 10:32:46

Common sense from Ken as always. "As we go into a new era of RC flying" Yep, pretty much how I see things.

06/06/2019 10:20:31

C'mon then let's have some answers.

It's all well and good saying you don't like the cold, so you'll withhold your money till it warms up, or the powers that be give in.

Will you be paying your club fees ? Will you be paying your BMFA ? Will you be organising so 40,000 join in ?

Which is the party at the ballot box, I can vote for that'll bin all this ?

I'll be honest with you, I think your way writes our own obituary, modellers will not band together and take action, they are apathetic for the most part, they will not finance clubs whilst not flying, nor the BMFA, I think your way hastens our demise, I think It's time to face up to reality and get on and deal with it.

05/06/2019 23:14:44

Against our lease, fed up with going round in circles anyway. face 1

05/06/2019 22:50:10

Some would give up their Winter flying, I don't doubt it, some don't even fly in winter.

How do we fit this into the club structure ? How do the bills get paid ? How do you keep the membership ? They gonna pay and not fly ? What about the BMFA come January 1st ?

I appreciate you have the hump, but what will it gain us? read the numbers who emailed/wrote in support of the BMFA. The powers that be don't give a monkeys about us, the money is peanuts to them.

05/06/2019 22:32:07

I have a problem with the registration and the fee. I differ in how I'll respond to it.

05/06/2019 22:23:04

I don't know how to cut and paste posts, there have been comments stating they will break the law.

So apologies to Gonzo, my comment on that issue is unfair.

We will not be refraining for a year either, we may as well hand in the club lease. In my opinion.

05/06/2019 22:11:41
Posted by GONZO on 05/06/2019 20:05:24:

I've read the BMFA report and as it says the government is prepared to ride rough shod over us and ignore its previous undertakings. I know that there are those that just cant bear to miss flying, even in the depths of a UK winter, but we have only one option of protest left. That option is to do neither the test or register and pay the fee until March/April 2020. A nation wide unobtrusive organised withholding of our compliance seemingly is the only form of protest left to us.

Further to the fees now and in the future. A contributor to another forum I visit was requested to attend a trial of the registration and test system. Whilst there in London he reports that he got the distinct impression that the fee would soon go up to £50/y.

My answer to you is NO.

There may be some jack in, it will put our club/associations/businesses under pressure, I have no intention of adding to it, there'll be no illegal flying at our club, and certainly none by myself, I can't take the risk of a big fine I wouldn't be able to pay.

If the BMFA asks for support it'll be considered, acting like those we've been condemning for the last X number of years is a NO.

Thread: Don Valley open weekend 1/2 june
05/06/2019 19:54:41

Cheers Chris. smiley

Some good shots there. yes

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
05/06/2019 19:51:13

I've got nothing to add, all been said many times over.

Many thanks to the BMFA and others who've been fighting our corner.

05/06/2019 14:38:26

Why is it you believe it a cock up ?

Moneys going into pockets, it's what they do, just your/our pockets this time, interesting that other Countries haven't added a fee.

05/06/2019 12:37:27

11 pages and still open, you're doing well lads. yes

Thread: Don Valley open weekend 1/2 june
03/06/2019 21:29:49

Be others days Stephen.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us