By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john stones 1

Here is a list of all the postings john stones 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Latest CAA Update
02/09/2019 11:48:47
Posted by Cuban8 on 02/09/2019 11:44:38:

Personally, I'd like to see all BMFA members refuse to register and take a break from flying until the new year at least. Brits don't like bullies and to show up the dft to the public might do some good. If it doesn't work at least we can say that we've tried.

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/09/2019 11:46:16

And how do you suggest clubs survive C8, why would folk pay club fees during a layoff ?

02/09/2019 11:42:39

Bit fed up of folk saying thinks like rolled over, accepted without a fight, meek, faint hearted, yous keep talking about fight it ?

Show me what you've got to get behind, other than sound bites and rhetoric, what's your plan ?

Yes it's a rip off, yes it's not fit for purpose and I'm a ticked off as everyone.

I care about our clubs future, I'm sick of the doom and gloom, I want to read the final update from the BMFA, then get on with it.

For the record again I believe the BMFA did their best and very much doubt anyone else would've done better.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
01/09/2019 13:27:11

Not a "pre- flounce" at all, it's a full flounce, my gruntles dissed. wink

01/09/2019 12:38:58

You know zilch about what our clubs done, nor most.

As to your "Rant" about the BMFA, get yourself an event run, put years into a site, maintain it, secure membership, then you can decide the way you go, for the record our club require no A for it's events, but we do respect other clubs right to decide their policy. Given your vast experience and many many hours of training, go take your A, you'll find many Clubs/Examiners who'll go out their way to assist you, even at their own expense, or don't, choice is yours.

01/09/2019 12:19:32
Posted by Paul Vincent 8 on 01/09/2019 02:20:49:

Very intresting read Jeremy and most of it I agree with but the laws that are coming are going to be hard to police at any time as we all know with a drone not so long back and airports caused massive problems and said people was never caught

As a PFCO Drone pilot I have to stick to the rules of the drone code 110% and many more rules and caps that most of the time make no sence at all.

I really dont think the CAA know what they are going to do as I can list and show pictures of emails between me and the CAA that clearly states I should not fly my drone in my area as Im 14miles away from a airport?

Hang on a moment they say not to fly within 5miles of a airport and Im 14 miles away and they still advise me not to fly as Im in a high risk area so clearly CAA dont have a clue about the rules and laws that are coming

Now a rant about the BMFA, As a PFCO drone pilot with full insurance to cover many millions if anything is going to go wrong I have no chance to fly at any events that are with BMFA and thats about 99% of all events that happen in the UK, So even though I have done many hundreds of hours training and fully licenced the BMFA will not allow me to fly at any events.

Some members of the model world really dont have a clue about the laws that are coming and I just think the clubs should really be telling members more facts that are well known about.

And we can all just wait for the CAA to let us all know whats going on

You decided through what research that clubs/members are not being informed what's coming ? spoke to a few strangers, read a few posts and you've concluded we're all uniformed and not spreading the word ? Meh. You sound like the very people you reckon to be complaining about, Uniformed. You know nothing about what steps most clubs have taken, nor the work they have put in and will continue to do. 99% of all events ? wrong again, uniformed assumption.

Edited By john stones 1 on 01/09/2019 12:25:35

01/09/2019 12:15:19

Leaves a bad taste I've been deducted 10pts, fair enough if you hadn't made predictions, otherwise, meh.

31/08/2019 21:44:03

So I predicted it correctly and gained nothing, magic.

31/08/2019 19:32:29

Le Clerc for his first win then ? lads due a bit of luck ?

I'm guessing we all got a prediction correct. wink

31/08/2019 18:14:35

If it's "The principle not the money" can someone explain the block registering to me ? block registering seems fraught with consequences to me, why should I bare any responsibility for others flying, you got a legal position to guarantee I wouldn't be at risk ?

31/08/2019 17:39:28
Posted by Jason-I on 31/08/2019 15:35:46:
Posted by Cuban8 on 30/08/2019 21:16:14:

How about a poll on guessing registration take-up figures on the first week (let's be generous and give the punters a week). Fewer than 100? 500? 1000? laugh

Edited By Cuban8 on 30/08/2019 21:17:02

Tens of thousands - Based on the numbers of people on this site who seem to be chomping at the bit to register......

Must be reading a different forum to me then, maybe the numbers will match those marching on Downing street, demanding freedom from tyranny. We shall never surrender and I blame the BMFA. wink

30/08/2019 21:39:09

170,000. wink

30/08/2019 21:34:58

All done, took Shergar to beat Red Rum.

30/08/2019 16:25:27
Posted by Wingman on 30/08/2019 15:32:11:

What I'm really disappointed with are the collected model flying associations who, having taken our money, totalling a sum of seven figures annually, for a large number of years have proved to be completely inept at protecting the interests of their members, the basic tenet of an association. At the very least they should have insisted that UK modellers should be charged the minimum European standard payment - zero (France) - and should have enforced the point that they already, collectively, register model flyers in the UK.

I do wonder if they had any knowledgeable legal representation present with them at any of the meetings?

I'm with the SAA all of whose council members are volunteers - oh dear!

You got the evidence to show our associations didn't mention that, maybe the French/European governments acted in better faith than ours did, maybe your disappointment should be aimed at others ?

30/08/2019 00:24:12

Whether the A test existed or not, clubs that have been around a while, would have developed a method, the test being there just gave them a well known tool to use, and a good and proven one at that, it's voluntary as is visiting a club, not barriers, choices.

We are in South Yorkshire, numerous people have contacted us to take them for tests, no ones ever been refused, I would imagine most clubs are the same.

Thread: OS 40 FP Mixture problem
29/08/2019 20:42:59

Yep used em when I was a nipper, put a 10x6 on see it's any happier ?

29/08/2019 12:47:52

Not sure why achievement scheme is being discussed, no clubs ever put barriers in my way, some have rules you need to abide by, the choice is yours, ours you need to demonstrate you're safe to be let loose, pretty similar to the A test, barrier ? nope just sensible precaution to protect the site and its membership, not much to ask after the years of work people have put into their clubs, your barriers learning to fly, have fun. wink

Thread: August Nationals 2019
26/08/2019 14:15:35

To all who help to stage and make the event happen, Deep Respect and Thank You All. and to all who participate or just attend and watch, may you never grow old.

+1 yes

Thread: Petrol Newbie
26/08/2019 14:00:21

Put a photo of installation on, could be anything, might be ignition unit too close and causing interference.

Thread: Broken servo arm screw
24/08/2019 20:42:01

rosewink

24/08/2019 20:38:16

Clear as mud so far, I would expect those flying at the NFC to have to register and show proof, where clubs stand I've no idea, wouldn't like something to happen at ours involving an unregistered flyer, who'll cop the flak ? AGM looks like being fun. crook

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us