By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john stones 1

Here is a list of all the postings john stones 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
20/11/2019 20:08:52

I dislike you attaching labels to me and other people on here, cowards, rolling over, etc etc, now you've added unprincipled ?

Try this one ADULTS.

You've bellyached from the first thread that ran, predicting the end is nigh, it is not.

Edited By john stones 1 on 20/11/2019 20:25:13

20/11/2019 19:46:01
Posted by GONZO on 20/11/2019 19:12:17:

Well, I had a long chat with my friend this afternoon. Amongst many topics the nonsense that is DRES and the 'criminalisation' of flying toy planes when not compliant with the registration etc. He said it was the final straw and was giving up entirely, that's everything including mag subs etc. So that those who barrack those giving up please understand it's not the £9, it's not the stupid test, it's the principle. He's the chap who lives at the end of a single track lane up in the hills of North Wales with his own 1,000ft field at the bottom of his bungalows garden.

So, to all those 'sheeple' who are falling over themselves to join this pathetic charade, ITS THE PRINCIPLE that's the crux of the matter.

Pathetic, this malarkey may be the straw that broke your back and the fellas down the single track lane with his own 1,000 ft field.

Take a look around you sometime, have a butchers at folk who're ill, being harassed and denied their money, pensioners wrapping up coz they can't afford to run the heating, people struggling with real problems, whilst on here you's are bleating about £9 and some mickey mouse test you'll need whilst flying your toy aerowatsits costing who knows what. Sheeple ? grow up.

19/11/2019 20:20:00

Don Valley mfc's AGM last night, Andy Symons came and gave a very good talk on the registration scheme and some insight into the talks, we had a rundown on the new online test the BMFA have rolled out and some members took it on the night, all passed.

There also a new plastic membership card coming in, comes with a discount option at some stores.

Thanks Andy. yes

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
18/11/2019 13:46:38

Some good scores outa that carnage, well done John et al.

Been a while since I had a disaster that qualifies as one. wink

Seb ? You know my feelings, should've been gone long since, get another hungry young driver in.

Pressure off Chris you have Carlos ?

18/11/2019 13:01:50

Stick with the BMFA, don't throw away something that could benefit us in the long run.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
18/11/2019 12:41:21

Pleased for Honda, they've had some tough years.

Me, I can't grumble, my back up drivers have scored well again, Seb destroyed me and Valteri DNFd.

17/11/2019 23:09:07

Ouch...

17/11/2019 14:57:13
Posted by john stones 1 on 17/11/2019 13:49:40:

Quali not good, predictions looking to be dire as usual, Flyers in touch, don't write him off.

Wrong again, that should be Roos Racer is still in there. blush

17/11/2019 13:49:40

Quali not good, predictions looking to be dire as usual, Flyers in touch, don't write him off.

15/11/2019 23:33:52

Well I figure if I have same driver as Chris, we'll score same points, ain't going to catch him that way, so stuck with my team, and why not, it's my predicting that's the problem. Some rain would be good. wink

15/11/2019 21:14:49

Penalty for Le Clerc, be bonus points for Chris there crook

What to do eh. dont know

15/11/2019 15:53:44
Posted by MattyB on 15/11/2019 15:24:47:

Looks like the buddy box question has been answered in our favour - from Andy Symons on FB...

"Productive CAA meeting yesterday. No exemption required for buddy box flights. The CAA fully accept the BMFA position that the person holding the slave TX is neither the operator or remote pilot.

Of course the aircraft will need a valid Op Id on it and the person on the master TX must hold a competency."

Great news, well done folks.

14/11/2019 17:57:40
Posted by Nigel Heather on 14/11/2019 17:44:32:

Plenty were telling us to wait until the 14th as there was some big meeting between the BMFA and the CAA - did it happen, has anything be heard yet?

Cheers,

Nigel

Meeting was set for today, we'll get an update asap I would think.

Thread: Autumn is here...you been flying ?
14/11/2019 16:40:04

Wet rain, lots of it, quack.

King of the World been to see us, that went well. face 1

Thread: BMFA numbers. Is this true, or a gross exaggeration?
13/11/2019 21:38:45

I don't have the answer.

Fishing, you need a car, there's rules aplenty, it ain't on your doorstep, club fishings a big thing, it's expensive, trust me, you're out in all weathers, more traveling than modelling, you have to work at it to be successful.

Our hobbies not unique in having drawbacks, so what are our positives ?

12/11/2019 22:22:36

We've had a few of the 40 something ish members, join over the last few years, would be interested in how you think they can be targeted.

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
12/11/2019 20:29:31

Tidy work as always Chris, any slopes to fly from near your abode ?

Thread: BMFA numbers. Is this true, or a gross exaggeration?
12/11/2019 20:02:29

I remember being one of the young pups in the hobby, now one of the old fellas. They used to say "Don't give him a go, he'll pull the wings off) surprise

Never happened, ever, honest.

Thread: Canadair F4 Sabre XB812
11/11/2019 17:24:51

Good read Chris. yes
your pins are differing colours, it cause you any distress ? wink

Thread: Cremation, or Composting ?
11/11/2019 16:14:39

Yep, it not like the "Developed/Civilised" Countries ever polluted is it.

Cremate I think and a few solemn words.sad

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us