By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john stones 1

Here is a list of all the postings john stones 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hobby King Yak 73"
31/12/2018 17:37:12

Splice some bits in Rich, that bits for shape more than strength, it'll be o.k.

Thread: Model shops / web sites having sales over Christmas
25/12/2018 22:04:38

Seems a bit harsh, we advertise all the time, engine manufacturers, kits, aldi, lidl, etc etc, apologies if I'm wrong, seemed a well meaning idea.

Thread: Chris's Vicomte 1916
24/12/2018 15:46:37

Happy Christmas Iris/Chris. gift

Have a good un Control.

Thread: Christmas wishes
24/12/2018 11:50:08

Merry Christmas all, especially the mods.

Cymas, give over, the drool is ruining my keyboard. cake

Thread: Gatwick drone incident
24/12/2018 11:40:44

Was there a drone ?

I don't know, do you ? Someone may or may not have seen the first one or not, lots of lives at risk, people won't make the big call unless they feel certain, even then with the possible consequences of getting it wrong it's a big call.

News media are a disgrace ? yep agreed, the tinternet any better ?

22/12/2018 15:25:57

Not so long ago, we seemed pretty content with the outcome of the new regs, still some concern maybe, but better than we hoped for, in my case.

Been an incident, and we're in panic mode again, therein lies the problem. Let's ban lecky flyers, wouldn't have happened without the development in that area. I.C lads are easy found...follow the noise n smoke trail.

22/12/2018 13:33:51

You're distinction is already there, you act within the law. I don't know what you've heard, but I keep hearing illegal drone flying. By all means have two more years of posting doomsday next stop, it'll be loads of fun.

22/12/2018 12:28:26
Posted by Don Fry on 22/12/2018 12:16:28:
Posted by john stones 1 on 22/12/2018 11:29:31:

There are no benefits to careers or the C.A.A. in agreeing to something that won't stop further incidents either, place a 50ftt limit, it still will not stop it. there is a NO fly limit at airports already.

It's brought it to the stage where money and manpower needs using.

I'm very sorry to disagree with you John. At the time of Dunblane, I was the Secretary of Torfaen Rifle Club. I saw what polititions can do once they get into, "time to do something NOW, mode". Once they get into that mode, we, as the BMFA will find, found all you can do is do is catch-up to sort the worst excesses of the legislation. Not the daft, that gets through, not the stupid, that gets through. You get to stop the bizarre. Only.

Balfa is fairly strident in into shouts. From their point of view, they might not want, but would not be sorry if drones disappeared. Full stop. If we disappear, collateral damage. Or we end up with a perpetual head wind to survive.

Yep, I see that Don, ain't gonna change things me whittling, is it, put my faith in the BMFA and keep calm n carry on.

22/12/2018 12:24:27
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 22/12/2018 12:05:08:
Posted by Geoff Sleath on 22/12/2018 10:58:30:

We're assuming with no evidence that the people arrested are guilty based simply on the fact they've been apprehended. They may be innocent and, if they are, the actual perpetrators will go free. With the best of intentions that sometimes happens - the Birmingham Six for example. We must not let the need for resolution override the more important need for justice.

Certainly the punishment, if they are found to be guilty, needs to be exemplary but lets not get carried away by emotion wen what's needed is proper judgement.

Geoff

I think we should give the investigating authorities some credit in their ability to do the job thoroughly and professionally. A lot of resources have been put into pursuing this and they will be very careful to ensure that their evidence is gathered effectively, comprehensively and lawfully. We don't know whether they have sufficient to charge now - they may need to bail the suspects before all information is gathered, so we may have to be patient.

They won't charge the suspects either, until their evidence has been scrutinised by the CPS and charges approved.

If they are convicted, it's in the lap of the gods as to what happens to them....

Pete

Hopefully Pete, if they've got the right ones, if convicted, looking to be heavy sentences dished out, it's not all bad no one got hurt. Give over with the doom n gloom folks, it won't help or change anything.

22/12/2018 11:29:31

There are no benefits to careers or the C.A.A. in agreeing to something that won't stop further incidents either, place a 50ftt limit, it still will not stop it. there is a NO fly limit at airports already.

It's brought it to the stage where money and manpower needs using.

21/12/2018 21:20:22
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 21/12/2018 20:56:57:

Rachael Riley off of Channel 4 show 'Countdown' was one of the people caught up in the chaos, so me must take it all seriously.

Bet she's in a vowel mood. crook

21/12/2018 20:40:11

Jeez, don't start chucking sticks about, you'll have someone's eye out. kulou

21/12/2018 12:39:48

You're cracking under the pressure folks, calm yourselves down.

20/12/2018 23:47:29

Fella interviewed on Sky who flys commercial drones. The laws are already in place to deal with these events/people as with speeding, theft etc, more laws would not help prevent or catch those responsible today.

Lot of money been lost today, Country embarrassed and lots of miserable folk stranded with hotels full, let's hope they've made mistakes and are caught.

Edited By john stones 1 on 20/12/2018 23:48:10

20/12/2018 17:47:00
Posted by ken anderson. on 20/12/2018 17:46:12:

well done and thanks from me Chris...

ken anderson...ne....1..... C of C dept.

+1

20/12/2018 17:22:35

Bit OTT from Asterix the Gaul there. wink

20/12/2018 16:30:26
Posted by stu knowles on 20/12/2018 16:24:31:

All this doesn't ring true to me. Closing a major airport ALL DAY. I'm struggling to believe that a drone operator can avoid detection all through the daylight hours. I could believe it during darkness but when they are already on alert and something appears several times and is not traced back to source????

Methinks we are not being told the full story

The tinternet is going crackers, false flag, distraction, plot to claim the airways, Santas not been blamed yet.

20/12/2018 10:06:39

Yep sounds like anti establishment to me Bob, on a road to nowhere, to nick another lyric, especially for the folk stranded all night.

20/12/2018 09:24:15

Question for me is, how do people get so stupid, might sound easy to deal with sat in the comfort at home, in real life no risk can be taken.

Thread: Dragon Lady....I think!
19/12/2018 23:03:58
Posted by cymaz on 19/12/2018 22:27:02:
Posted by cymaz on 28/11/2018 18:44:29:

As I didn’t want to use push rods for the elevators I opted for rear servos....I’m now thinking I wish I hadn’t ! Just done the cg....16oz lead needed up front surprise. Still, better finding out now with the plane firmly on the ground than 20’ up watching it buck.

Tonight I’ve done the CG. Much better.......30% of MAC and still has a tendency to drop its nose. I will try an engine test run with the cowl off. Then it’s cowl on, range check, failsafe and fly.

Now, if would only stop raining................angry.

And that concludes my 8000 post disgust...most of it utter jibberish sarcastic 2

I'm saying nowt. wink

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us