By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john stones 1

Here is a list of all the postings john stones 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: CAA BMFA
08/11/2019 13:04:34
Posted by Gary Manuel on 08/11/2019 12:50:55:
Posted by john stones 1 on 08/11/2019 12:19:26:
Posted by Nigel R on 08/11/2019 12:00:14:

"That said, I think all clubs need to make it crystal clear that obedience to the law is a personal and individual obligation, and that in no way can the club be implicated in or liable for non-compliance by any member or visitor to the Club."

Insurance / personal liability are another consideration.

BMFA still to clear that one up I understand.

Depends what you mean by that, as a club all members must be insured, as a club all must follow conditions of our lease and fly legally, so as club guardians/committee, you have a responsibility to protect the club.

This is what BMFA have to say about that in their bulletin dated 23rd October:

11.Compliance with the Registration/Competency requirements is largely a matter for individual members and as such we would not expect Clubs to automatically assume responsibility for policing it, though of course some may choose to do so (perhaps to assist those members wishing to comply who do not have access to the internet or in order to comply with local operating requirements such as FRZ permissions for example).

I doubt very much whether the land lease says anything about registration, but you are quite right that it needs to be studied to read the fine print. With regard to the insurance, the BMFA are still in discussion with the insurers.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 08/11/2019 13:02:06

I'm certain the lease has no mention of registration, why would it, it didn't exist then.

08/11/2019 12:19:26
Posted by Nigel R on 08/11/2019 12:00:14:

"That said, I think all clubs need to make it crystal clear that obedience to the law is a personal and individual obligation, and that in no way can the club be implicated in or liable for non-compliance by any member or visitor to the Club."

Insurance / personal liability are another consideration.

BMFA still to clear that one up I understand.

Depends what you mean by that, as a club all members must be insured, as a club all must follow conditions of our lease and fly legally, so as club guardians/committee, you have a responsibility to protect the club.

08/11/2019 11:55:16
Posted by Romeo Whisky on 08/11/2019 11:49:39:

As Webmaster for my club, I have started to consider what textual changes I need to make for the benefit of prospective new members visiting our website. I have experimented with numerous forms of words (not yet posted on the website) to make the legal requirement to register and take a test seem as innoccuous and painless as possible. However my personal conclusion is that however it is worded, this legislation is going to prove to be a disastrous disincentive for newcomers to get involved in our wonderrful hobby. It's not just the annual £9.00, it's also a pair of legal hoops to jump through and a hassle during which the possibility of legal penalties is raised. If I were a potential newbie considering model flying as a hobby, it would undoubtedly put me off.

That said, I think all clubs need to make it crystal clear that obedience to the law is a personal and individual obligation, and that in no way can the club be implicated in or liable for non-compliance by any member or visitor to the Club. Whether a club wishes to police the regulations is a matter for them, but in doing so they need to be careful not to be, or appear to be, in any way complicit or negligent in any situation involving a member or visitor who has bypassed or otherwise dodged the club's vetting processes and failed to comply.

You also need to abide by the terms of your lease/landlord, so careful thought before decisions get made.

08/11/2019 11:01:26
Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 08/11/2019 07:15:45:

We had our committee meeting last night which raised a couple of questions for clarification.

I have been volunteered to collect £9.00 from members.

1. I have yet to establish who cheques are made out to for £9.00?

2. We are going to make it a club rule that all flying members either take the on line test if required and pay £9.00.

3 I am led to believe that the BMFA insurance and the £9.00 are not linked in any way?

4. We have already started collecting subs, so the £9.00 per head will be a seperate issue.

We are not going to rush into this, but hopefully a smooth transition into our club being fully integrated into the system!.

I would think the £9 would be to the BMFA, they'll pass it on electronically maybe. Good to see someone moving on positively. yes

Thread: Autumn is here...you been flying ?
07/11/2019 16:59:09

Quack, tis grim oop norf.

Thread: How many flyable aircraft do you have ?
06/11/2019 18:47:31
Posted by Paul Marsh on 06/11/2019 18:40:30:

around 540...

You sold some wink

Gonna cost you a fortune in vinyl letters, you got a cunning plan ?

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
06/11/2019 17:15:53

I'll wait and do mine via the BMFA, who knows it may be of benefit to have good numbers, at future talks.

Thread: How many flyable aircraft do you have ?
05/11/2019 15:29:42

Just the one officer. wink

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
05/11/2019 13:30:34

We can have a chat when they turn up, someone keeps tipping flys at our entrance.

05/11/2019 13:07:03

Nice gesture, good on em.

05/11/2019 12:59:22
Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 05/11/2019 12:57:55:

The LMA are offering to pay the £9 fee for their current members as a one-off gesture.

Any idea of membership numbers Alan ?

05/11/2019 12:15:46

We don't lose ours do we ?

Don't much care how much the return to flyer fee is, I won't need to pay it.

Is the scheme here for good, Who knows, but I expect the BMFA will keep tabs on things.

Looking forward to the idiots guide to complying, It's been a long slog this thing.

Edited By john stones 1 on 05/11/2019 12:17:50

05/11/2019 11:58:29

BMFA should concentrate on what it's doing, getting the best deal it can and negotiating change where it's needed, Daily Telegraph. crook

04/11/2019 23:13:41

Legalese can be very confusing, you can read allsorts from Steve link.

Special tool, define that.

Easily visible, when ? sat there or when battery hatch is open.

Thread: Looking for a 1930s low wing racer plan
04/11/2019 20:49:46

Miles Atwood Special

Thread: Gas engineers
04/11/2019 15:40:46

Are you a Scot or a Yorkshireman FB3 ?

All I can suggest, is try an older plumber. face 1

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
04/11/2019 11:18:02

The Baron lost me points as well, time they shuffled him aside, been a much better year for Honda. yes

Cheers Igor, you run out of changes again ? not made one all season.

04/11/2019 10:29:06

Never expected the win, but very welcome.

Ade is still in there yet, I agree Chris could lose if he has a disaster, but a very healthy lead with just 2 races left, not looking likely.

1 prediction again, back up drivers have been my saviour.

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019.
02/11/2019 21:13:57
Posted by Michael Ramsay-Fraser on 02/11/2019 19:05:16:
Posted by john stones 1 on 02/11/2019 17:07:09:

Not into the digs. You show disrespect with the here's where it went wrong comments, it went wrong because the Boks played better in every position, and gave a World Champions performance, plan B doesn't exist when the opponent plays that well, look back 1 week, where was the A.Bs plan B ?

Lads are down because they gave everything for 4 years, I forgive em a bit of sulking, not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ? Here's a dog, looks a bit down, you can kick it if you like. dog

You done your online tests yet and ready to register. wink

Not into digs? "not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ?"

Pot, kettle, black etc.

Next time I won't bother supporting England.

And, no. I haven't indecision

I'm in the bad books again, " Not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ".

I wasn't referring to the home nations rugby nor their conduct, my apologies.

02/11/2019 17:37:31
Posted by Don Fry on 02/11/2019 17:34:42:

Good months rugby though.

Yep very good, we'll have em next time. wink

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us