By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bob Burton

Here is a list of all the postings Bob Burton has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Lipo fire
22/01/2014 19:03:01

What do you perceive as the danger of doing a non balance charge without the balance lead connected ?

22/01/2014 08:06:20

I did as you suggested and got one hit from the search. Opening the link I was taken to a 112 page document entitled "Lithium-Ion Batteries Hazard and Use Assessment "

It is not clear to me how relevant it is to Lipos. What is the relationship between Lion and Lipo batteries and are the dangers the same ?

15/01/2014 10:24:07

Has anyone here got any experience of a Lipo bag being used in 'anger', ie, the Lipo(s) inside it caught fire for whatever reason ?

I keep my Lipos, admittedly only 2 and 3S low capacity ones, in the detached garage. They are in a shallow terracotta flowerpot but that is the only precaution I take when charging or storing them. I store them at about 3.8V per cell and charge at a maximum of 2C, usually less so they are fairly well treated.

I have been considering getting and using a Lipo bag or two but do they actually provide any protection and, if so, how ?

Thread: HobbyKing currency issues
09/12/2013 16:14:24

I wouldn't have a problem if it switched to the .com site and showed the prices in UKP but it doesn't switch and stays in USD. If I log onto the .com site I can change the currency.

The problem seems to occur when using Chrome. If I use IE then clicking on the Currency button opens the .com site and I have to log on but at least I can change currency.

09/12/2013 14:27:10

The currency converter button does not seem to work on the .co.uk site. It refreshes the page but offers no currency list. On the .com site it does offer a list of currencies including GBP

Stupid or what ?

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!