By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robert Cracknell

Here is a list of all the postings Robert Cracknell has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: IMAX B6 Clone fault...
29/12/2018 00:25:21
Thanks for all your help guys....
28/12/2018 00:25:32

Guys

Anyone had this happen to an IMAX B6 clone...? (See below) Is it recoverable or is it terminal...? and, Yes, I know they are not expensive to replace but I am interested to see if it has happened to anyone before..

It happened sometime during the charging of a 9.6v 3300mAh Ni-Mh race style pack which was being charged at 1C.

Tried disconnecting for a while (pack nor charger were warm) but no change.

b6 fault 1.jpg

Edited By Robert Cracknell on 28/12/2018 00:26:50

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
24/12/2018 02:05:46

Doctor to lady who has a large family....."What do you attribute your large family too...?!

The lady says it is down to her poor hearing.

Puzzled, the doctor asked her to explain..."Well doctor, each night my husband says...do you want to go to sleep or what..?

..."and I reply..What"

Thread: Gatwick drone incident
22/12/2018 01:46:41

We have, we are told, various flying surveillance aircraft in our military arsenal e.g AWACS, Rivet Joint, Sentinel etc..,which are capable of monitoring, recording and pinpointing hundreds of cellphone calls at a time.

Considering the scale and cost of the disruption at Gatwick would it not be prudent to get one of these to set their monitoring equipment (we know what r/c band they are using) and 'fly by' Gatwick and see what it could find. Yes, it would be expensive but only a fraction of the cost of the disruption and I bet they have the technology already in place in case a terrorist group choose to use this method.

The existing methods have not found the drone or caught the perpetrator....!!

Thread: Am I missing something....??
01/11/2018 11:51:23
It used to be ukrcc.org
01/11/2018 00:34:02

I am a simple balsa basher and do not necessarily feel the need to keep up with every little organisational change that happens in our hobby but in this case I feel I have missed something.

If I try to go to the UKRCC site (www.ukrcc.org) it defaults to the BMFA home page.

Has the UKRCC been amalgamated/absorbed into the BMFA or what....?

Thread: Lidl Specials 2
28/10/2018 10:55:51
Tony, if you click on the link it will take you to the brochure page....

Rob
28/10/2018 09:17:12
Sorry guys....just read the brochure and it is coming in on Sunday 4th November.

Apologies....
28/10/2018 01:20:40

Coming to a Lidl near you on Thursday 1st November.....

As well as a metric tap and die set there is also this very useful craft knife. I already have one from a past offer. They are very ergonomic and comfortable to hold giving a good grip. Collet type blade holder which will hold a number of blade types and a sturdy blade cover for when not in use. From £2.99 I think...

Forgive the c**p image - it's from the brochure....

or see..**LINK**

lidl knife.jpg

Thread: RC Test Equipment
19/10/2018 21:08:53

Dave

For circuit diagrams of most of the 35Mhz gear you can look here...**LINK**

If you explore the site there is lots of info on troubleshooting.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
18/10/2018 21:39:17

These EBay optimists don't really help themselves do they...? A basic clean with a stiff brush and some water, a photograph with a decent background and an accurate description would go a long way to getting some interest.

Still, it only cost £1.50 from a boot sale and he's gonna make thousands....!!

Thread: Electric Cars.
17/10/2018 20:30:07
All this is very interesting but with the current (sorry!) crop of electric cars barely being able to propel themselves has anyone considered how the caravanning community will fare?? Still, at least you won't have to worry about accommodation while recharging!

Edited By Robert Cracknell on 17/10/2018 20:30:42

Thread: Maplins
16/10/2018 18:16:14

Anyone seen these

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/09/13/dragons_den_badass_jones_buys_fallen_maplins_ip/....

**LINK**

I know they weren't perfect but they had their moments....

Time will tell...

Edited By Robert Cracknell on 16/10/2018 18:18:16

Thread: Which lathe
09/10/2018 11:54:32

Whether a bed regrind is needed or not it is best to look for a machine that has the various clearances maintained by shims or gib strips/screws. Some at the cheaper end of the market do not have these and there is no provision for taking up normal wear and tear.

I rebuilt a Myford ML7 which needed a bed regrind (0.011" removed) but the adjustment strips and shims easily accommodated the material removed.

Thread: BMFA Online Membership portal open for 2018 membership renewals
08/10/2018 15:37:35

Been on to the portal and checked my details - all OK. Very easy to use.

Did notice however, on the downloadable certificate, that we are to 'NOTITY' the BMFA of any incorrect details...|!!

Sack that proof reader.....

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
05/10/2018 01:11:55
"Doctor, I think I am Mickey Mouse"....

Doctor "You're just suffering from Disney spells"

Doctor "I think I am Tom Jones. Is this rare?"

Doctor " it's not unusual"
Thread: Model shops
01/10/2018 00:56:13
Tony, A1 models in Colchester is an Aladdins cave and well worth a visit. Free car park about 75yds away as well....
Thread: BMFA Website down...?
26/09/2018 12:28:42

Trebor

What version of Windows are you running...?

Usually find the search box (with the magnifying glass symbol) and search for cmd...

26/09/2018 11:43:00

I am still trying without success. Anyone else had any luck....?

Thread: Battle of Britain: Model Squadron
25/09/2018 02:03:54
Now the fuse is lit we should capitalise on it. How about a 'How it was made' follow up programme featuring types of model, power plant, radio, fpv sets, features on some of the pilots including Shelley (to get female interest). Lightly sprinkled with hints about the BMFA, your local club or model shop. Cost? Get some of the model companies to chip in - Ripmax, HK, etc.
Opportunities like this do not come up often and we should make use of them to promote our hobby.

Edited By Robert Cracknell on 25/09/2018 02:04:32

Edited By Robert Cracknell on 25/09/2018 02:05:38

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us